LIVERPOOL v man united Sun 17th Dec 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:54 pm

Massive game in fact massive week which will go a long way in determining whether we end the season as champions.
I think it’s fair to say that whilst recent results have been great performances  have been a bit under par, I think it’s time now with the likes of United, Arsenal x 2, Newcastle and Chelsea looming up on the horizon to dust off our A game.
Good luck lads.
Btw can’t wait to see Anfield full again
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:28 pm

They are there for the taking however, we mustn't get complacent and think it will be a walk in the park. Many times in these situations the opposing team scrap a 1-0 win.

Really hope we slaughter these w.nkers though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:14 pm

They're in terrible form and this is probably the best time to play them so I hope we smash them but any win would do.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:41 am

Alisson, Trent, van Djik, and Salah, all had midweek off completely. Tsimikas, Szoboszlai, and Diaz unused subs. Konate, Endo, and Gravenberch only played 45 minutes, and Nunez 27. Think that will be the starting 11 so hopefully we're looking fresh and full of energy.

From Utd's point of view they are struggling for form and are missing quite a few players through injury, but I imagine they'll be absolutely seething after the 7-0 last year and all the mick taking they've endured since then. So they'll be right up for it so I'm not expecting us to walk all over them. I'm going for a 3-1 win for us.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:22 am

They will park the bus and try to smash and grab.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:39 pm

Virtually, every  article that I read suggests that LIVERPOOL are going to absolutely annihilate Man United !! I absolutely hate stuff like that and hopefully Klopp and the team will ignore it because it’s simply won’t be as easy as it was last year. United are seriously hurting and will do everything in their power to knock us off the top of the league, that’s assuming Arsenal won the earlier match.

This will be a very serious test and we definitely shouldn’t be taking anything for granted !!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:16 pm

devaney » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:39 pm wrote:Virtually, every  article that I read suggests that LIVERPOOL are going to absolutely annihilate Man United !! I absolutely hate stuff like that and hopefully Klopp and the team will ignore it because it’s simply won’t be as easy as it was last year. United are seriously hurting and will do everything in their power to knock us off the top of the league, that’s assuming Arsenal won the earlier match.

This will be a very serious test and we definitely shouldn’t be taking anything for granted !!

COYR

YNWA

:nod  Couldn't agree more. No room for complacency here, the Scum will be fired up for this one, if only to protect their own individual reputations . It will be like a cup final for them.
I doubt we will see another demolition but if we play the way we can play with no f*ck up's at the back I'm imagining a 2-0 - 3-1 win for our lads.  :buttrock
p.s. Of course I'll be f*cking delighted if I'm wrong and we tear them apart with another crushing goal avalanche performance  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby electrum » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:21 pm

City have just thrown away two points against Palace so this now becomes an absolutely fantastic opportunity to put some real daylight between us and them.

If we finish above City we very likely win the league - I think the pressure on Arsenal will do for them like it did last year.

We need to bring our A game on Sunday and be quicker, slicker and hungrier than the Mancs- it really will be down to who wants it more especially given the hiding they got here last year.

I'm going for a 3-1 home win.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:09 pm

Over the past 4 - 5 years City haven’t gifted too many opportunities to their title rivals so that’s why it’s absolutely imperative that we make the most of this mini slump they are going through.
Once they get Haarland and De Bruyne back you just know they are going to string 12 or 13 wins together so we really, really need to make hay while the sun shines.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:28 pm

Manure will be playing like a wounded animal tomorrow. And this is a game where we need Mo and Capt Chaos at their absolute best. Cannot afford any brainfarts at the back from Konate (if playing) or even Quansah (who might be a bit nervous for this one). It's actually the type of game made for Nat Philips if we had him back at the club. Him and VVD to take no prisoners and throw themselves at everything. I'm also relived Ali is back for this one as it's the type of game we need his assurance instead of Kelleher (great shotstopper but prone to the far too occasional brainfart).
And it goes without saying, Jones should be nowhere near the starting 11.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:55 am

Yeah form usually goes out the window in these matches. Hard to know what way it will go but imo their performances in the last few weeks scream sack the manager.  The media are already asking the question.

We are favourites and they will set up to not get battered. I'd gladly take a 1.0 if offered it now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:25 am

No doubt at all they'll park the bus however if they can man mark Mo out of the game then they stand a better chance of stealing a draw. The rest of the lads have to step up and score more goals, especially Dias, Nunez and Gakpo. Hopefully Trent and Szoboszlai will lead from the front. This is a 100% must win game.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:22 pm

I would have preferred players like Fernandes playing, he takes away more than he brings, his whining brings down the team. I think they will certainly park the bus to keep the score down, and hope for a smash and grab. We really should win this match but I’d think it would be a low scoring affair. Hopefully Nunes goes on a tear and proves me wrong.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:38 pm

Yes it’s one of those where we are expected to thrash them and to be fair by the form book we should. I don’t believe they have the heart or players to win as they couldn’t get themselves up for a must win  game against Bayern. It’s ours to lose, we bring our A game and go at them from the start, an early goal and their heads  and any confidence with drop off a cliff.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:54 pm

Arsenal and Villa closing down on 3 points.

Should give us even more motivation to reclaim top spot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games