man united v LIVERPOOL Sun 24th Oct 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:44 pm

Is that Fred going up against Konate after the Ronsldo foul. He looks tiny to Konate who just brushes him off lol.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:09 am

If the Scum can beat City and Chelsea, that would help keep Ole there a little longer as well as help our cause. They will probably beat Spurs easily and hopefully with team meetings/bonding sessions can go on a winning streak before imploding again. At some point, with all the money they spend, a good manager will come to them and make them a strong team again. Loving watching them crumble but worried they will stumble onto a winning strategy with their scatter gun approach.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:11 am

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer walks into a Bank to cash a cheque. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning, Ms could you please cash this cheque for me?"
Cashier:"It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?"
Solskjaer:"Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manager of Manchester United”.
Cashier: "Yes, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."
Solskjaer: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."
Cashier: "I am sorry, Mr Solskjaer but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."
Solskjaer,"Come on please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."
Cashier: "Look sir, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque."
"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?"
Solskjaer stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."
Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes , Mr Solskjaer?”
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:33 pm

Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:11 pm

Imagine what their reactions would have been like if we'd kept our foot on the pedal and really pressed home our advantage? It literally could have been anything. Jurgen is far too classy a manager to unnecessarily embarrass an opponent though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:07 pm

We lost our edge after the injury to Naby and the stoppage. With 10 men Utd sunk into their own half and we just played the game out with minimal fuss.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:43 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:11 pm wrote:Imagine what their reactions would have been like if we'd kept our foot on the pedal and really pressed home our advantage? It literally could have been anything. Jurgen is far too classy a manager to unnecessarily embarrass an opponent though.

To be honest I've been thinking about it in the past few days and I must say I started feeling a bit underwhelmed that we didn't keep going. 0-5 is humiliating enough, but it's not like they haven't lost by such a margin before, in fact they lost 1-6 to Spurs just last year. We had a golden opportunity to give them their worst defeat at OT in their history, we could have easily scored at least two or three more.

But as Eagle says, after Naby's injury we took the foot off the gas and probably rightly so. Unlike them we have a few titles to play for this season so there was really no reason to risk more injuries in an already won game. In the end it was probably the right call to stop trying but I still wish we scored more.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games