Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:18 pm

He could have had a hattrick this half
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:20 pm

we're going to regret Lucho missing those sitters
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:25 pm

Now is your chance Cody. I would have took Diaz off tho.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:29 pm

more time wastign from these bar stewards...
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:34 pm

jesus wept
both ends of the pitch
either could have won it
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:45 pm

Good result, for arsenal
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:51 pm

I'll eat my words - Elliott had a great game today. Kelleher also. Bradley while he was on. Luch, 3 absolute fcukin' sitters, but played well aside from that. Mac Allister played really well, delighted to see him put the peno away despite the fcukology from Ederson. Endo really good as well
Quansah a bit shaky at times
I was bricking it before that game and pi$$ed that we could and should have taken all 3 points
Last edited by bunglemark2 on Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:51 pm

Lucho had a really good game, but he isn't clinical enough when he gets his chances..  Mane walks away with at least 2 goals today. Salah looked really unfit when he came on just desperate to get rid of the ball. We were the better side, but City were there for the taking.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:52 pm

Endo and VVD were immense.

Bur I cant remember two more goal adverse LFC players than Gakpo and Diaz.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:56 pm

Great second half. Lucho absolutely worked his nuts off and was very unlucky not to score. Easy to criticise but he had an amazing second half. Elliot brilliant once again. VVD and Quansah were imperious. Kelleher is just a fantastic number 2. Endo brilliant along with Macca. Didn’t quite understand why Nunez was taken off and replaced with the very average Gakpo ??? Not many teams have the ability to reduce City to a bag of nerves and they were incredibly lucky that VAR didn’t give a penalty in the last minute !!
Last edited by devaney on Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:57 pm

Well I would have probably taken a draw before the match with all the injuries but after scoring the pen, their keeper going off, us bossing most of the second half and missing a lot of good chances (particularly Diaz) I feel it was a missed opportunity since I can't see City dropping too many points for the rest of the season. We could have been sucker punched near the end though, so maybe we were also lucky, I don't know.

The subs that came on weren't great, Salah in particular was very rusty. Taking off Nunez was a mistake. My motm was Elliot, thought he had a fantastic game. VVD, Endo, Bradley and MacAllister were also superb. Gomez solid. Quansah was shaky but did pretty well overall given the occasion.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 pm

Couldn't believe that we took off Nunez for Gakpo   :no

Dias could and should have had a hatrick  :angry:  . BUT I won't go too hard on the fella as finishing aside he was a 9 out of 10  :buttrock

Would have settled for a point before the game but post game i'm disappointed and thinking it's one we could have won  :(

We walk on  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:11 pm

damjan193 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:57 pm wrote:Well I would have probably taken a draw before the match with all the injuries but after scoring the pen, their keeper going off, us bossing most of the second half and missing a lot of good chances (particularly Diaz) I feel it was a missed opportunity since I can't see City dropping too many points for the rest of the season. We could have been sucker punched near the end though, so maybe we were also lucky, I don't know.

The subs that came on weren't great, Salah in particular was very rusty. Taking off Nunez was a mistake. My motm was Elliot, thought he had a fantastic game. VVD, Endo, Bradley and MacAllister were also superb. Gomez solid. Quansah was shaky but did pretty well overall given the occasion.

Given our injuries, I think most of us would have taken a draw at the start.

I'm not worried about arsenal, ciry will do them and I also think they'll drop points elsewhere.

Key thing is we are still ahead of city on points.

Win our remaining games, we win the league.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:14 pm

I'd have taken a draw before KO as well but feel we should have won that. Diaz did play well and made some busting runs but he's got to be taking them chances. 99% of his shots aren't even on target.

Thought everyone put in a good shift today. A few were immense for us, Endo and Virg in particular stood out along with Mac Allister. Barely seen Haaland in that game and loved seeing Gomez get stuck into him.

Only complaints I have is about VAR and how ridiculous it is for consistency. That challenge on Mac in the first half on the set piece where he was blocked should have been disallowed. Player not looking at ball at all and just blocked him from getting into that space. Doku should have got a red for the follow through as well. If it was good enough for Jones then it should have been the same here and Dokus was worse.
Last edited by red till i die!! on Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:56 pm

After that second half I feel deflated we didn’t win it and I am still stunned VAR didn’t send the ref to the monitor in the last minute. They totally bottled it as if the ref awarded a penalty VAR wouldn’t have overturned it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games