LIVERPOOL v leicester Thur 10th Feb 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:37 pm

FT 2-0 played some beautiful football tonight, especially the forward players. Good 3 points
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:38 pm

Really good game that was. Take the clean sheet as well.  :buttrock

Diaz looks like he's been here months. Didn't look out of place one bit and was unlucky to have not capped a great debut with a goal.

Jota though  :bowdown little fox in the box  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:02 pm

Great result. Now we go again on Sunday. Let's hope city slip up.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:25 pm

Fantastic performance, all 11 players buzzing. Robbo and Diaz seem to be in love... long may it continue.

Come on Reds!!   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:59 pm

I've said it before, but if we keep Fabinho and Thiago fit and in form, we can play any of our other midfielders in the 3rd slot, and teams will struggle to stop us dominating the ball and games.

Diaz looked so at home already which is great for the run in. I'm sure Sadio was watching in bed and is raring to get back on the field!

What can you say about Jota. Was an innocuous signing that no one saw coming, but he's been top class since he started and has got better and better.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:04 am

Great result, the team played well and we got another clean sheet. We keep playing like this and City will “smell our breath”  :grinning:  and hopefully wobble. Great debut from Diaz, he just seemed completely on page. That one player has restored our confidence in the future and the direction we are going.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:15 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:54 pm wrote:Never seen Bobby give possession away so many times in a game before.. he's really dwelling on it tonight.

With Jota, Diaz, Mane, Salah and Elliot I cannot see Bobby starting many games in future.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:51 am

Great result, Diaz looked really good and also combo of Fab, Thiago gives us a strong hold.

I really hope we continue winning and City slip up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:25 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:54 pm wrote:Never seen Bobby give possession away so many times in a game before.. he's really dwelling on it tonight.

I was coming on here to say the same thing, he’s a legend at this club and always will be given he’s a CL winner and a key part of the team that won our first title in 30 years but he looks way off the pace atm, it was him losing possession in MF which allowed Cardiff to score last weekend and as you point out he was extremely careless with the ball again last night.
Since Virgil’s injury and given that Joe G doesn’t really play anymore we are not quite as good at defending quick counter attacks as we once were, Bobby (and our players in general) really need to be more careful with the ball. Given the position we find ourselves in one slack pass or clumsy bit of control against the wrong team could end our season, those are the stakes when you are playing catch up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:15 am

Fantastic result and a great result. Brilliant start by Luis Diaz. Thiago’s overhead was a thing of absolute beauty and he was incredibly unlucky not to score what would’ve been an outrageous goal !! VVD moved around like a well tuned Roll’s Royce. Diogo or should I say Sniffer continues to impress. Harvey is going to be a huge star. I thought everybody with the possible exceptions of Bobby and Jones played extremely well.

JK has managed to get the very best out of his squad during the AFCON which did not cause the expected problems due to losing Salah, Mané and Keita. Brilliant at this stage of the season that we are still fighting in all four competitions. My biggest frustration is that we actually lost to Leicester at their place when we had the vast majority of the place and they simply got lucky.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:05 pm

devaney » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:15 am wrote:Fantastic result and a great result. Brilliant start by Luis Diaz. Thiago’s overhead was a thing of absolute beauty and he was incredibly unlucky not to score what would’ve been an outrageous goal !! VVD moved around like a well tuned Roll’s Royce. Diogo or should I say Sniffer continues to impress. Harvey is going to be a huge star. I thought everybody with the possible exceptions of Bobby and Jones played extremely well.

JK has managed to get the very best out of his squad during the AFCON which did not cause the expected problems due to losing Salah, Mané and Keita. Brilliant at this stage of the season that we are still fighting in all four competitions. My biggest frustration is that we actually lost to Leicester at their place when we had the vast majority of the place and they simply got lucky.

The AFCON period certainly could have been worse, the fact there was that extra international break plus an FA Cup weekend helped us premier league wise.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:52 pm

Thought Thiago played really well last night as well and that overhead would have been something special  :nod  Think VAR would have chalked it off though for high feet/dangerous play or some other excuse.  It was great to have him back as he is going to be important from here on in with the amount of games coming up.

Having a full squad to choose from will give us a great opportunity to challenge on all fronts.   :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games