Leicester City v Liverpool - EPL - Tue 2nd Feb 2016 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:25 pm

damjan193 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:51 pm wrote:
aCe' » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:49 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:27 am wrote:I hope Leicester go on to win the Premier League ,they played some beautiful football tonight ,some of their one touch play around our box left me dizzy.
I don't think it was the worst we've played this season ,but sadly we came up against a superior team in every department ,which kind of speaks volumes about were we sit right now ! I'm not even going to comment on individual performances because they all reverted to type, remind me again how long have we been haunted by inconsistency and players clearly 'not good enough' that get to survive yet another transfer window  ???

This.

Plus, I would completely give up on the league at this point. Go all out in the Europa trying to win it and make sure we finish below 7th or whatever the lowest Europa league ranking is. Go into next season with the fewest amount of games possible. I'd also give Benteke and a few youngsters more game time, experiment with different formations, and just generally use the remaining league and FA cup games as a long preseason. We have the league cup final and the Europa league games to concentrate on; thats 10 games to get us in the CL and to win us some silverware.

Think we're already in the Europa League for next season mate considering we're in the finals in the cup.

I agree that we should give up on the league now though. Said that myself when we lost against the mancs at Anfield, top 4 was gone with that loss, maybe even before. Our main aim should now be the cups and Europa League. Winning the Europa League will not only bring us some silverware, it will bring us qualification for next's year Champions League. As for the league, it would be best to give some of the kids a go more often now. The seniors might relax too much and that might cost us another debacle like against Stoke last season.

Winning the Europa league? We aren't in the top 10 of the teams participating their so don't get your hopes high...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:50 pm

Win the Europa League  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:11 am

If we had players fully fit we would have a decent side that can get more positive results.

SM

Clyne  sakho(lovren) skertel Moreno

Hendo   Can (lucas)

Lallana(ibe)Coutinho  Firminho

Sturridge

Not a bad side.

If injured players are back this could be a side that faces teams this month or next.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:31 am

Dundreamin is back » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:20 am wrote:The REAL person to blame for the mess were in is a DAVID MOORE'S fault he sold us down the river to them 2 T**TS for a few Bob in his back pocket. Don't blame FSG they saved us from going in to Administration.We should of given Kenny 2 more seasons. This message we are in now is going to take years to sort out. Anybody who blames Klopp knows jacks"*t about football. Moore's is still counting his money the wan**r and so is Rodgers

Funny? I thought it had been years since FSG took over.

Oct 2010.......1.........2..........3.........4..........5

5 years. I will say it again. 5 YEARS to sort out the mess of the past.

Not their fault at all hey?

Our current s**t squad is all David Moore's fault?!?

:help

This forum never ceases to amaze.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:51 am

redshade » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:11 pm wrote:If we had players fully fit we would have a decent side that can get more positive results.

SM

Clyne  sakho(lovren) skertel Moreno

Hendo   Can (lucas)

Lallana(ibe)Coutinho  Firminho

Sturridge

Not a bad side.

If injured players are back this could be a side that faces teams this month or next.

Yeah I wouldn't completely write off our chances of winning the Europa League myself mate, admittedly there's still a lot of good teams left in it but we have got a decent draw and should get through to the last 16.
Also as you say if we can get the likes of Coutinho, Sturridge and even Origi fit (who was playing really well just as he got injured) we will give anyone a game.
I'm not saying we are favourites but at the same time I don't see any Barcelona's or Bayern Munich's in there either, if we can beat the likes of City and Chelsea away we are certainly capable of beating anyone left in this competition.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:11 am

Not sure what's going on but a lot of players have seen their form nose dive over the past month. Either they have been just plain rubbish or really inconsistent. It's pretty widespread and not limited to the usual suspects.

It's just elementary stuff like giving the ball away so much and missing 10 yard passes. Could it be down to cumulative fatigue? We seemed to have plenty of energy against Leicester but some of our passing and decision making was really poor.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:39 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:11 am wrote:Not sure what's going on but a lot of players have seen their form nose dive over the past month. Either they have been just plain rubbish or really inconsistent. It's pretty widespread and not limited to the usual suspects.

It's just elementary stuff like giving the ball away so much and missing 10 yard passes. Could it be down to cumulative fatigue? We seemed to have plenty of energy against Leicester but some of our passing and decision making was really poor.

Could be down to that, people like to go on about how attritional the prem is but on top of that we've had the Europa League group stages to contend with, the FA cup (including replays against Exeter and now West Ham) and of course the League Cup with its 2 legged semi final format so to be fair we have played an awful lot of football.
When we faced Leicester on Tuesday we had played 15 games more than the league leaders which is practically half a season extra.
Add to that Jurgen wanting the players to run 120km each game and I'd say it is very plausible that fatigue could be a factor.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games