Leicester City v Liverpool - EPL - Tue 2nd Feb 2016 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:29 am

Back to the bread and butter of the EPL after our cup exploits it's time for a league win and a vital 3 points

Leicester City away on tuesday night may actually suit us seeing as Leicester like to play on the counter attack, we can press, frustrate and then catch them ourselves

The biggest bone of contention will be how many of the kids JK will include in the actual starting eleven, bearing in mind such a short period of time between late night saturday and tuesday's game

I am not sure it would be wise to put Lovren in again so soon, i would be concerned too much too quick, so am thinking either Sakho and Kolo OR Sakho and Caulker?

Benteke needs to go back to the bench and Firmino back in for this one, Benteke has been a serious dissapointment so far and i am struggling when JK says that Benteke has a long term future with us  :no

Every game we play we all say "this is a must win", but yet again this is a must win

3 points on the board please lads
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:02 am

Game Against West-ham really boosted my confidence in the young lad filling up for our so called "Starters" (Lucas ,Hendo ,Can, Milner ,Moreno)...Considering the Hammers brought their First team on we handled them pretty well i thought...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Klopps got work to do ,needs to outwit Ranieri ,and tactically thwart one of the most criminally underrated managers in the game. It wont be easy against the league leaders ,and the team will have to curb their pressing style as Leicester play on the counter and any enforced mistakes.

I'd be sorely tempted to leave Toure out of this one ,Caulker looks solid at the back ,and is comfortable with the aerial threat ,and Lovren has a real understanding with Sakho ,either partnership seems infinitely better than watching Toure amble his way around being ripped to shreds by Vardy and co.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:26 pm

It would be ironic if we beat these lot again and dent there hopes.
When we beat them before i think we were the first to beat them after a while.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:32 am

Agree with RBG re Toure. Not the right player against Leicester's fluid attack. Neither is Caulker imo.  Would go with Lovren/Sakho if both fit.

I can see us getting a result here. Leicester try to play football and need the win so they'll go after us. I think we'll score a few on the break and beat them.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:01 am

Don't see us getting a result with a poor defense.ù

not feeling confident :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:05 pm

JC_81 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:32 am wrote:I can see us getting a result here. Leicester try to play football and need the win so they'll go after us. I think we'll score a few on the break and beat them.

Really?
I can't see it, to be honest.
I really hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see it happening. It's hard to be confident before any match this season, but we are so weak up front they will find it reasonably easy to repel our attacking moves, and then when they hit us on the break...... with our defence......
As I said, I really hope I'm wrong but I'm just being realistic here.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:56 pm

The teams we've tended to struggle against though are the big, powerful outfits like West Ham and Watford who have managed to blend size with a fair amount of footballing ability.
I think Leicester are pretty similar to us, Arsenal and City etc in the sense that they aren't full of 6 foot 3, fourteen stone battering rams who run all day, the likes of Vardy and Mahrez are more like Ramsey and Walcott than the Ighalo's and Deeney's who really seem to give us trouble.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm

Skrtel, Origi, Coutinho and Sturridge have all returned to training but will not feature in this match
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:10 pm

I hope DS has completed his " 10 sessions". Really need him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:14 pm

We need a convincing performance as its been a long while now since we looked like a side.

Conditions of game suit us so no excuses, Leicester will come out and attack and our best work has been on the counter away from home.

We all understand its a transitional season, yet again, but it doesnt excuse rubbish and we stillneed to play well and win games.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:10 pm

I really hope we don't see a MF of Lucas ,Can , Hendo and Milner again...Surely recent performance would get 1-2 of those seated on the bench.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:11 pm

we're gonna fecking batter these wannabees. This Leicester lot are creaming their pants cos they're up the top of the table, Ranihairy is the new messiah and God is a Leicester fan? Don't make me laff!

IT'S LEICESTER CITY !!!

Get out there and hand them their ***** on a plate.

Leicester 2 - Liverpool 5
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:30 pm

Lol love the optimism. Looking forward to this one. I think it will be end to end stuff. Vardy will try to aim for our weak spots.
Heart says 2-1 to us head says 2-2.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:45 pm

Official line up for tonight's match.......

Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Lucas, Lallana, Milner, Firmino.

Subs......

Ward, Toure, Benteke, Allen, Ibe, Flanagan, Teixeira.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games