Manchester City v LIVERPOOL(CL) Tus 10th April 7.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:16 pm

90 mins away from the final 4 of the CL league.... :oops:

Man City have had a tough week  :laugh:

Let's stick it to them by getting an early away goal.  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:21 pm

City's fans are talking about getting to HT 1-0 up and then having a real go in the second half, they reckon that if they can get it to 2-0 our @rses will go.
An early goal for us would certainly put paid to that little plan
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Hope its a cake walk but got a feeling we may need that away goal.

City will be smarting after two bad defeats and will try to unleash hell on us no doubt about it.

Klopp was very cautious after our win and I don’t think he was kidding anyone either, he knows it will be a big challenge particularly with our squad thinning by the hour.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Judging by the Manchester Derby yesterday, in the first half city created enough chances to be six up at Half time. I'm expecting a similar onslaught on Tuesday. I expect Pep to play Fernandinho, Sterling and Aguero, so this will be all guns blazing.
From our point of view, a lot hinges on Salah's fitness.
We just need to get the first goal. We are just going to have to outgun these muthas like we did on Wed.

My only concern is that we do tend to drop off second half's and sit deeper. That will just invite pressure.
We need to go for it in the first half and try and get a goal or two.
That's where I come out...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:28 pm

City will up their game for this one and like few said they will try to get a couple of goals before half time. The difference is they will also need to be cautious at the back because if they concede then we will almost be there.

This will be a tough encounter but im confident we will progress to the semis.
I feel City will win the 2nd leg but we will score aswel. My prediction is 3-2 or 3-1 to City.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Score a goal and we're flying, no better team than us for that job.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:04 pm

i'm going for 2-1 to City on the night and 4-2 overall
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:17 pm

fivecups » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:40 pm wrote:Score a goal and we're flying, no better team than us for that job.

Yeah but it's LFC that we are talking about here, knowing us we'll probably concede 2 in the opening 10 minutes and we'll have to endure the most nerve wracking 80 minutes of our lives.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:32 pm

Bricking it. I know we're 3-0 up but we've never done things the easy way
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:17 pm wrote:
fivecups » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:40 pm wrote:Score a goal and we're flying, no better team than us for that job.

Yeah but it's LFC that we are talking about here, knowing us we'll probably concede 2 in the opening 10 minutes and we'll have to endure the most nerve wracking 80 minutes of our lives.

I hope not that would be fekin torture.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:57 am

They have conceded 6 goals in the last 2 games, so they will s**ting bricks at the back.

Salah must play no matter how injured he is, its too important a game to play spuds like Solanke or Ings.

We go at them from the get go and must get that important away goal, no matter how many they attempt to put past us.

You won't hear a pin-drop in their plastic stadium once we hit the back of their net, and it will be curtains and au revoir Manure the blue.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:09 am

We've got to stick to our own game plan - it is that simple. Pep has been roasted from diverting from his when they came to Anfield, but I don't think Klopp will have that kind of doubt in his own system. I cannot see him setting this team up to defend, it's not in his DNA nor the team's.

We have to go there thinking this tie is 0-0 and go and attack them. It will be hard as Citeh will want to be very dominant with the ball and will come at us, we need to be measured better IMO with our energy and work rate as I felt we tired significantly in the second half - due to the amount of running we undertook in the first half. Citeh will start with the Lion's share of possession and look to score and early goal, we need to be ready to pick their pockets and counter them and score our own early goal. We don't want any wind in their sails and we don't want their crowd on top of us. We need to silence them and take the sting out of the game. If our counter attacks are as potent and productive as they have been pretty much all season then we'll be okay. Just need to score a goal in the first half, and build on that and put doubt in their minds.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:10 am

We've got to stick to our own game plan - it is that simple. Pep has been roasted from diverting from his when they came to Anfield, but I don't think Klopp will have that kind of doubt in his own system. I cannot see him setting this team up to defend, it's not in his DNA nor the team's.

We have to go there thinking this tie is 0-0 and go and attack them. It will be hard as Citeh will want to be very dominant with the ball and will come at us, we need to be measured better IMO with our energy and work rate as I felt we tired significantly in the second half - due to the amount of running we undertook in the first half. Citeh will start with the Lion's share of possession and look to score and early goal, we need to be ready to pick their pockets and counter them and score our own early goal. We don't want any wind in their sails and we don't want their crowd on top of us. We need to silence them and take the sting out of the game. If our counter attacks are as potent and productive as they have been pretty much all season then we'll be okay. Just need to score a goal in the first half, and build on that and put doubt in their minds.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:12 am

I'm seriously thinking of not watching the game..Its our game to lose nothing positive can come out of it..

Everyone expects us to qualify...its too nerve wracking.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 am

I can see us conceding three (or rather City scoring three), but not five. So really, it's all about scoring that one goal for us.

I predict it's going to be a nerve wrecking 3-1 for them but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends in a 1-1 or a 2-2 draw.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games