Manchester City v LIVERPOOL(CL) Tus 10th April 7.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:36 pm

Our defence held firm, but I'm surprised that we got through 5-1 on aggregate.
I knew they would be knackered due to the occasion, tired legs etc. De Bruyne looked knackered first half.
Our midfield needs reinforcing :- we get too easily overrun. But other than that, no problem.

I assumed tonight we would just have to outscore these mutha fckers, and that was the case.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:46 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:13 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:05 pm wrote:Got my ticket for the semi. Cost a bomb but couldn't give a ferk.

This thing is ours and I'm watching it happen.

Liar... It hasn't been drawn yet!

It doesn't need to be...
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:47 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 pm wrote:Our defence held firm, but I'm surprised that we got through 5-1 on aggregate.
I knew they would be knackered due to the occasion, tired legs etc. De Bruyne looked knackered first half.
Our midfield needs reinforcing :- we get too easily overrun. But other than that, no problem.

I assumed tonight we would just have to outscore these mutha fckers, and that was the case.

Outscore the opposition to win. You're good at this football lark
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:47 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 pm wrote:Our defence held firm, but I'm surprised that we got through 5-1 on aggregate.

He's a right Fkin genius this tw@t indeed...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby laza » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:56 pm

:buttrock  Halluelujah   :buttrock

And the Roma/Barca result is icing on the cake
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:51 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:47 pm wrote:

He's a right Fkin genius this tw@t indeed...
if you insult me again....
Your ruining this forum Stu, just dissappear before you get banned
. Again! 1-0
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:08 am

Love this fucking team ,what a night !!!! Klopp was loathe to leave the fans after the final whistle ,I think if he could have jumped in he would . Lovren was monstrous tonight and so was Gini ....Awful nice of the City boys to let us have the Etihad after the final whistle   :laugh:  :laugh:

Have I said I fucking love this club  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:16 am

Red Boys !!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to add to what has already been said...... we're coming back lads, we're coming back.

We have to win the league next season... we need to buy in another 2-3 players....

There are 3 European managers this morning all thinking 'Fek, I don't want Liverpool....'.

They know we're on our way to lift the trophy again.

"Hello UEFA, it's Reg. I need tickets for the final".
"Hello Reg mate, how many?"  :laugh:

People like Sabre, Ciggy and Nan will start posting soon.....   :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:21 am

This is awesome guys this is what we have been waiting for the glory days back in europe. Can't believe it Semi final of the champions league fek yeahhh!

About the match, first half was probably one of the most nerve racking matches I've watched in recent times. I was just waiting for City to pop in a 2nd or 3rd. Had City led 2-0 at HT i think the complexion would have completely changed. However we defended well at the back with a solid display from TAA and Robbo.

All we needed was 1 goal to kill them off and thats was happened. As soon as Salah scored City were finished, deflated, spermless!

Firmino goal just put a nice sting to the tie.

Lads there is something special going on and gut feeling says no6 is on its way.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:27 am

Did we score 2 goals from 2 attempts? :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 am

Both Liverpool and City had 3 shots on goal, we scored 2!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:33 am

redshade » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:21 am wrote:This is awesome guys this is what we have been waiting for the glory days back in europe. Can't believe it Semi final of the champions league fek yeahhh!

About the match, first half was probably one of the most nerve racking matches I've watched in recent times. I was just waiting for City to pop in a 2nd or 3rd. Had City led 2-0 at HT i think the complexion would have completely changed. However we defended well at the back with a solid display from TAA and Robbo.

All we needed was 1 goal to kill them off and thats was happened. As soon as Salah scored City were finished, deflated, spermless!

Firmino goal just put a nice sting to the tie.

Lads there is something special going on and gut feeling says no6 is on its way.

It should have been 2-0 tbh, Sane's goal was a perfectly good goal and as you say we would have been in real trouble at that point because we were really floundering.
What I would say though is that even if City would have been 4-0 up on the night 1 goal would have still been enough to see us through, early on we were defending because we had to but the moment City would have got their noses in front I'm sure the dynamic of the tie would have completely changed, I'm sure they would have been the ones defending and we would have been the ones throwing the kitchen sink at them.
Given we have scored 9 goals in our last 3 games against them if we would have needed a goal I reckon we would have got it because I don't think City are set up to defend leads, I don't think it's something they are particularly good at.
Another factor is how badly we played in that first half, yes City were impressive but we were literally struggling to do the basics, we couldn't even execute simple 5 yard passes, players were miss-controlling the ball, shanking clearances, the keeper was flapping at things....the lot.
Even if it would have went to 2-0 there was no way that we were going to play as bad as we did in the first half, people are just assuming that the second half was going to be an extension of the first, I don't believe professional players could possibly play that bad for 90 minutes, the moment we stopped making silly mistakes City didn't look quite as good.
Don't get me wrong Lady Luck was on our side over the 2 legs and goals do change games but we showed more than enough over the 2 ties in fact over all 4 games against City this season that on a head to head basis we are a match for them. It was always going to be tight, Guardiola alone has spent half a billion quid on that team, we were always going to need the odd decision to go our way to get through.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am

Just three games away from European glory. Just three.

I don't think our keeper had too many saves to make in two legs. Speaks volumes.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:58 am

A job is done with an excellent win especially in the second half! Our squad looks very thin and lack depth, and I hope it will last the rest of the seasons including CL semises and league 7 games, therefore, plenty rest is required

Well done lads and good luck
algymoon

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:06 pm

algymoon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:58 am wrote:A job is done with an excellent win especially in the second half! Our squad looks very thin and lack depth, and I hope it will last the rest of the seasons including CL semises and league 7 games, therefore, plenty rest is required

Well done lads and good luck

*gasp*... shhhhh.... are you by any chance a Faceless Man??? :oh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games