We have a saying in arabic

we say Sh*t players they are potatoes

well they were potatoes today.

:no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:05 pm

I've not watched the game, but the result is very disappointing. I know why we didn't do business in January as none of Klopps targets were available in this window or were out of our budget. This year is a write off as far as the league is concerned.. 4th is possible, but the teams not good enough to get a consistent run of results.

My worry is like I've stated before is having no champions league football might cost us primary targets in the summer window.

I would have paid that extra £10m got Texeira in and really challenged for that 4th spot. That spot alone would have generated more than £10m back playing in the champions league and also made the club a more attractive place for targets to come play for us.

We've really messed this up I reckon and the rebuilding is gonna take longer than we're willing to wait.

The fans are down in the dumps which is also gonna effect the team.. A big signing would have lifted the spirit of the club and shown real ambition.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:15 pm

We've wasted an absolute shedload of money over the past decade and your answer is to simply roll over and pay an extra £10m for a 26 year old that can't even get into the national team. Sorry mate but the unfortunate reality is that he would probably fail in the premiership and then we would all be moaning that more milions have been sent swimming down the mersey.

As for the game any sort of end product and we might have been in with a shout.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:15 pm

GD doesn't lie. 4th has been out of our reach for a while. I don't think Messi could get us there this season.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:26 pm

metalhead » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:58 pm wrote:We have a saying in arabic

we say Sh*t players they are potatoes

well they were potatoes today.

:no

We have a saying in English: SH.IT PLAYERS ARE SH.IT  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:29 pm

devaney » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:15 pm wrote:We've wasted an absolute shedload of money over the past decade and your answer is to simply roll over and pay an extra £10m for a 26 year old that can't even get into the national team. Sorry mate but the unfortunate reality is that he would probably fail in the premiership and then we would all be moaning that more milions have been sent swimming down the mersey.

They wanted £38m and we started negotiations at £25m which was fair.. We continued to low ball and the transfer ended up dead in the water.

I agree with the fact we do keep getting our fingers burned..

I don't know I'm just frustrated like every other fan and I just wanted a good player to come in to lift us to give us some hope.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:43 pm

Don't know why you are all moaning.

It's been like this since Day 1 with FSG and NOTHING has changed.

Their pathetic scouting network / transfer committe, their obsession with buying youth and cheap free transfers, their willingness to let our best players go and not replace them with quality, their pseudo science transfer mumb-jumbo has resulted in the rubbish we are seeing now. The chickens have definitely come home to roost. And yet some of you are pointing the finger solely at Klopp.  :laugh:

Our defense leaks more than a rusted dingy, our midfield is probably the worst it has been in over 2 decades and our forward line is absolute joke. The fact that we have spent in excess of 100m on attacking players like Benteke, Balotelli, Markovic, Lallana, Origi, Borini, Aspas over the last few years is f**king criminal.  Players that are either too young, not good enough or completely over priced clearly highlights the flaws in our American owners and their lackeys "master plan" when it comes to transfers.

I said this a long time ago, they are not here to win trophies, they are here to make the club financially successful and themselves in turn financially successful. The fact that we haven't won anything since they took over and yet are still returning profits every year, should ALL make you wake up from this delusion they have weaved into your psyche. Rodgers came out a few weeks ago in an interview and gave us all a glimpse into the madness and constraints that control our players transfers. I'm pretty sure that not much of that hasn't changed even with Klopp being here. January's transfer market failure is a testament to this.

Expect more of the same garbage, come summer. Unless of course FSG decide to sell.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:48 pm

devaney » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:15 pm wrote:We've wasted an absolute shedload of money over the past decade and your answer is to simply roll over and pay an extra £10m for a 26 year old that can't even get into the national team. Sorry mate but the unfortunate reality is that he would probably fail in the premiership and then we would all be moaning that more milions have been sent swimming down the mersey.

There's more than one player out there though, the world is full of football players and our scouting department should have had back up targets in case the Texiera deal fell through.
This squad has shown over the past 18 months that they just aren't good enough and January was a perfect opportunity for us to start reconfiguring the squad by moving some players out and bringing one or two in, however for some unknown reason the club chose to sit on its hands do nothing and essentially waste another 6 months.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:08 am

Leicester just looked more focused and looked up for getting the job done. We just look flat and in truth think we are done in terms of the league. Floating around midtable, nothing really to play for and looking ahead to next season. Just too inconsistent. Winning the league cup will be good to take into next season but in terns of the league,  we are done imo. Would be good to get onto a run to take into next year but that's about it

Got to give Leicester credit, really had a buzz about them and I thought they were superb.
Doeboy

Postby killerp » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:18 am

Leicester deserve the 3 points and I'm glad they got them. We are just going to float around mid table and keep dreaming of glory with fsg looking towards more potential than quality. Our club is a back page story at the moment at best.
Last edited by killerp on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
killerp

Postby Penguins » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:26 am

C'mon here guys. I know a little perspective could be nice.
We have been hovering around mid table the entire season losing to Watford, Newcastle and the likes and had negative goal diff with 7 losses to our name.
Leicester has had an amazing season sitting a the top of the table with 2 losses in the entire season.
And still some are crying murder right now.
I mean, it is not like it's news that at least half the team isn't good enough to reach top 4. Nothing changed from the summer or last week....
Like Eds I wouldn't trust the owners to tie my shoes.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:27 am

I hope Leicester go on to win the Premier League ,they played some beautiful football tonight ,some of their one touch play around our box left me dizzy.
I don't think it was the worst we've played this season ,but sadly we came up against a superior team in every department ,which kind of speaks volumes about were we sit right now ! I'm not even going to comment on individual performances because they all reverted to type, remind me again how long have we been haunted by inconsistency and players clearly 'not good enough' that get to survive yet another transfer window  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:45 am

We just had no end product. First half we were the better side as far as playing football is concerned. If we had a fit DS things could've been different.
I've  given up on 4th a while back so really this loss is meaningless. Will finish 7th-10th as expected. If we go on a consistent run we might get 6th.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:55 am

I think we should play our strongest xi in the cups and let the youngters get game time in the league.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Raoul » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:07 am

redshade » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:55 pm wrote:I think we should play our strongest xi in the cups and let the youngters get game time in the league.

Some might argue that our youngsters are our strongest XI...
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games