liverpool v anji makhachkala thurs 25/10 KO 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:36 pm

If we lose tonight we can kiss goodbye to the group stages

If you want the better players to arrive then you need to stay in Europe as long as possible.

Tonight's game is just as big as the weekends.

If they players can't play two games in 4 days this earlier in the season without "flagging" then that is pathetic.
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Obviously no one wants to lose tonight but is fielding the strongest side possible sensible?

The Derby is far more important that a group game in the Europa league.

There has to be some middle ground, I would err on not starting Suarez and Gerrard tonight, sub option only.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:36 pm wrote:If we lose tonight we can kiss goodbye to the group stages

If you want the better players to arrive then you need to stay in Europe as long as possible.

If they players can't play two games in 4 days this earlier in the season without "flagging" then that is pathetic.

Not really though, it's less than 3 days between games and it's just human physiology. Good point about the clubs pulling power if in Europe and I'd love to stay in the competition if we can, but theres a difficult balance over the next few days.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:33 pm

I think the plan was always to play a strong side tonight. Aside from Young Boys, it is a pretty tough group, and I'm sure the Rodgers had targetted three wins at home, plus one away at Young Boys as being the must win games to get through to the next round. Losing to Udinese really put the cat among the pigeons.

Personally, I'd probably rest Gerrard for the weekend - its not like he's been setting the place alight anyway - but a strong (but not quite first) team makes sense. Unfortunately that means Suarez plays as we don't really have any other choice, but we could still put out a competive side while resting a few key players:

Jones; Wisdom, Coates, Agger, Enrique; Henderson, Sahin, Suso; Downing, Suarez, Assaidi; Subs: Gulasci, Skrtel, Johnson, Gerrard, Shelvey, Sterling, Yesil
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Just a thought, is Shelvey available for the derby?

Sorry, yes of course he is...  :blush:
Last edited by Raoul on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Yes
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm wrote:Obviously no one wants to lose tonight but is fielding the strongest side possible sensible?

The Derby is far more important that a group game in the Europa league.

There has to be some middle ground, I would err on not starting Suarez and Gerrard tonight, sub option only.

My logic is pretty simple ,you dress lesser team=you lose=your confidence coming to Sunday is low=you lose again. I think the mental boost of a win will overcome the fatigue of playing another game. Especially on a Derby game where adrenalin will be running high.

Europe is crucial for us.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby The Hustler » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Do you get a bonus if you can pronounce the name of the opposition.? That's the fun thing about the Europa league, you always come against teams that would win you a game of scrabble.  :D

I hope we do field a good side, for the entertainment factor.

Get down and Boogie  :buttrock
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby The Hustler » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeah. That's for all you armchair fans on this forum, which is most of you, whilst us real fans will be sat in the stands.
:eyebrow
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:36 pm wrote:If we lose tonight we can kiss goodbye to the group stages

we havent got the squad at the moment to compete in so many competitions, if the owners wanted to challenge on all fronts then they should have put their hands in their pockets during the summer.
to get to the final of the europa league you have to play 17 games which is basically half a season on top of the 38 prem games.
one striker isnt going to be able to cope with that workload and to play him thursday night and then expect him to play to the best of his ability sunday morning is ludicrous. suarez has not long returned from a journey willy fogg would have been proud of as well. gerrard cant play two games in a short space of time these days either.
everton are a very strong side at the moment, they`ve beaten united, battered newcastle (but had 2 good goals dissallowed) and it was everton who burst swansea`s bubble by beating them 3-0 at the liberty when swansea were flying. they flattened villa away from home as well, that game could have easily been double figures.
everton have lost just 1 game out of their last 16 in the league so we have got a huge job on our hands sunday morning.
a loss at goodison would be a huge setback, not only would it put real daylight between the 2 clubs and give the evertonians months of bragging rights and a new dvd to watch, but it would be a kick in the teeth to fans who have already had to endure our worst start in a century.
i hope rodgers knows what he`s doing, if he plays a good side tonight and then the players dont turn up on sunday believe me the fans wont give a f**k about the anzi result come sunday afternoon.
if we lose against anzi yeah it`s a blow but when you lose derbys people dont want to get out of bed the next day.
you cant read the echo, put radio merseyside on or f**k all. the evertonians celebrate derby wins like title wins.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Hmmm » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Is this game on the box?
Hmmm
LFC newBie

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:28 pm

The Hustler » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 pm wrote:

Yeah. That's for all you armchair fans on this forum, which is most of you, whilst us real fans will be sat in the stands.

"Real Fans" ?

You can f'uck right off ! Yer come in here and give it the "Big I Am" .

Life may have taken some of us to other parts of the world but we were standing in the kop when your old man was wiping the best part of you away with a tissue.

Just about had enough of your Fu*king wummery, wind your neck in.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Woof hustler is a ***** Dik. Real fans?? A lot of us would love to be there but work and other commitments means a lot of us can't.

How he can deem as most of us as armchair fans and him a "real fan" is ludicrous

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Confirmed line up as posted yesterday

@James_Carroll84: Liverpool: Jones, Johnson, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Sahin, Shelvey, Gerrard, Assaidi, Downing, Suarez.
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:11 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm wrote:
The Hustler » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 pm wrote:

"Real Fans" ?

You can f'uck right off ! Yer come in here and give it the "Big I Am" .

Life may have taken some of us to other parts of the world but we were standing in the kop when your old man was wiping the best part of you away with a tissue.

Just about had enough of your Fu*king wummery, wind your neck in.

Now THATS what I call a reply!
:wwww
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games