liverpool v anji makhachkala thurs 25/10 KO 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:52 am wrote:@Kopsource: Line-up for tomorrow: Jones, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey, Downing, Suarez, Assaidi.

thats practically a first team, i`ll be surprised if he plays that team on a thursday night knowing he`s got probably our most intense away game of the season on the sunday morning.
then again he`s never managed a merseyside derby before so maybe he doesnt realise how crazy they are.
more players have been sent off in merseyside derbys than in any other fixture in english footy.

Obviously the Udinese loss has played a big part in that 'possible' line-up. By all accounts this team aren't mugs and with a manager like Hiddink they'll be a tough nut to crack. So I can/could see why he's opted for that team in this respect. Would I be right in saying after Everton we have a league cup game? Perhaps he's hoping the lads can do 2 matches in 3 days and rest for that fixture. Yet, I still don't agree, with an ageing Gerrard, an overused and dependent Suarez, sharpness concerns me for Sunday. Our priority has to be the league and they don't come much bigger than Everton, Rodgers is gambling here if that side is right.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:32 pm

full team out, no fuking about. get a few goals up and bring off Suarez, Gerrard etc
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 pm

SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:52 am wrote:@Kopsource: Line-up for tomorrow: Jones, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey, Downing, Suarez, Assaidi.

thats practically a first team, i`ll be surprised if he plays that team on a thursday night knowing he`s got probably our most intense away game of the season on the sunday morning.
then again he`s never managed a merseyside derby before so maybe he doesnt realise how crazy they are.
more players have been sent off in merseyside derbys than in any other fixture in english footy.

We need to win this game so it will be a strong team
Benny The Noon

Postby fivecups » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 am wrote:

Obviously the Udinese loss has played a big part in that 'possible' line-up. By all accounts this team aren't mugs and with a manager like Hiddink they'll be a tough nut to crack. So I can/could see why he's opted for that team in this respect. Would I be right in saying after Everton we have a league cup game? Perhaps he's hoping the lads can do 2 matches in 3 days and rest for that fixture. Yet, I still don't agree, with an ageing Gerrard, an overused and dependent Suarez, sharpness concerns me for Sunday. Our priority has to be the league and they don't come much bigger than Everton, Rodgers is gambling here if that side is right.

It's a difficult call. I agree that the Derby takes priority, and I'm sure Brendan will be aware of the intensity etc; however getting torn apart by Eto and co at home won't help confidence either, and he doesn't want to be seen to throw the Europa league away. I'd rest Agger, Gerrard and Suarez as they are 3 I'd want fresh for Sunday.
Last edited by fivecups on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:51 pm

This is going to be very tough game. I am very nervous.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:53 pm

ITV4 right?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Last edited by Kenny Kan on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 am wrote:

your right mate what happened against udinese is probably a factor in his thinking but the everton game is huge.
derby games are big games anyway but a loss would see us 8 points behind them and with our next 2 league fixtures after sunday being newcastle and chelsea it`s not being overly melodramatic to say any pretentions of getting 4th could be over in the next 3 weeks if results go against us.
apart from that derby losses crush the morale of the fans, especially the locals, and after such a patchy start the last thing rodgers needs is for us to get turned over by everton. it was after the defeat at goodison that saw the fans really start to get on roys back.
dont get me wrong the fans will give brendan plenty of time but if we lose at goodison a lot of flak will come his way from frustrated locals on phone in`s/ letters to the echo etc. the honeymoon period will be well and truly over if we lose sunday.
i hope he realises how big this game is.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:10 pm

your right mate what happened against udinese is probably a factor in his thinking but the everton game is huge.
derby games are big games anyway but a loss would see us 8 points behind them and with our next 2 league fixtures after sunday being newcastle and chelsea it`s not being overly melodramatic to say any pretentions of getting 4th could be over in the next 3 weeks if results go against us.
apart from that derby losses crush the morale of the fans, especially the locals, and after such a patchy start the last thing rodgers needs is for us to get turned over by everton. it was after the defeat at goodison that saw the fans really start to get on roys back.
dont get me wrong the fans will give brendan plenty of time but if we lose at goodison a lot of flak will come his way from frustrated locals on phone in`s/ letters to the echo etc. the honeymoon period will be well and truly over if we lose sunday.
i hope he realises how big this game is.   

I'm with you, that is, if you believe key players should be rested - I think they should be. For me, the time has come when pragmatism should over take any inclination of idealism. We don't have the squad to do a long haul in the UEFA cup, the league should take precedence and seeing as we're struggling domestically it's even more imperative to give ourselves the best chances of winning on Sunday. FWIW, I'd much rather we have a good go in the league cup & F.A cup rather than the Europa.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:26 pm

here is a new idea ,play your strongest squad tonight ,Win ,and then play your strongest squad on Sunday!! just think about it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:38 pm

The fact we have had 4 full days since the last game and don’t have to travel for this one or the next, will probably mean that Rodgers puts out a strong side. But I hope we hold some players back for the derby or we’ll just be handing the advantage to Everton. I would like to see something like this tonight:

Jones

Wisdom     Skrtel     Coates     Enrique

Sahin     Hendo
                       Shelvey

Downing                            Assaidi
                        Suarez

Subs: Yesil, Suso, Gerrard, Allen, Johnson, Carragher, Gulacsi
Eagle

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:38 pm

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Brilliant. Resorting to opinions on screen names now.

:help
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:08 pm

only me » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 pm wrote:here is a new idea ,play your strongest squad tonight ,Win ,and then play your strongest squad on Sunday!! just think about it.

he did that before we played arsenal and rodgers himself blamed the defeat against arsenal on the european game the previous thursday.
the derby on sunday will be frantic, everton will be right up for this game because i know their fans definately are.
we are going to have to work our @rses off to compete with them and running 13km 2 days before isnt ideal preperation for probably the most frenetic game in the english footballing calender. as i said more players have been sent off in merseyside derbys than in any other fixture.
the goodison derby is the last game where you want your players to start flagging halfway through.
sunday is a big game for rodgers, the fans can just about cope with our worst start in 100 years but losing a derby is another matter.
our worst start in 100 years + loss in derby = p1$$ed off fans (especially the local fans)
our worst start in 100 years + win in derby = happy fans (especially the local fans)
thats how big derby games are.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games