Who will you transfer list? - For the january transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:12 am

I'd like to see us make a bid for Klauss Jan Huntelaar.  A few weeks before Kuyt signed for Liverpool, Holland beat Ireland 3-0 in friendly.  Kuyt was fairly anonymous in the game for Holland but Huntelaar was fantastic.  At the time I reckoned Benitez was pursuing the wrong striker.  Time has proven that to be the case.  In my opinion Huntelaar is a menace in front of goal, would frighten premiership defenders and would be a great foil for Torres.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:02 am

Sissoko on verge of joining Juve 

Sissoko was a key player last term but has now fallen out of favour
Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko has revealed he is close to securing a move to Italian giants Juventus.
The Malian has fallen out of favour at Anfield and his reported £10m departure could enable the Reds to secure the permanent signing of Javier Mascherano.

"I'm still at Liverpool but I expect a big announcement in the next few days," Sissoko told Radio Montecarlo.

"My agent, Juve and Liverpool are working on my departure and my move to Turin is very close."

It is thought Sissoko may initially leave the club on a loan deal, with Juve being given the option to buy him at the end of the season.

But the 22-year-old admits he is keen to leave Anfield before the end of the month after starting just six league matches this season.

"I'm expecting good news any moment now, but I'm enthusiastic about beginning a new adventure in Italy with the Bianconeri," he said.

Mascherano's 18-month loan spell at Liverpool is due to end in the summer, but manager Rafael Benitez is confident of negotiating a permanent deal with Media Sports Investments, the consortium which "owns" Mascherano.

BBC

I hope he doesn't go to Juve on loan. As soon as they see the state of his passing he'll end up back here.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:34 am

Sean-I'd like to see Hunteelar here too, but with our system what we need is a fast creative forward.  Rafa likes to use one striker deep so someone like Matias Fernandez, Van der Vaart or Pandev would be better choices. 

I just pray that someone makes a bid for Kuyt this Jan(just can't stand seeing that face he makes when he misses a chance).  At least it looks like Sissoko is leaving.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Anelkas signed for Chelsea 15 million for 4 and a half years, most expensive transfered player ever.
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:07 pm

We are still in with a chance (albeit a slim one) of winning the title so why hasn't Rafa tried to sign a good striker.  It's glaringly obvious we need better options up front to give us any chance.  For me by not signing a good forward in Jan is basically throwing in the towel.  Kuyt is a flop, Crouch isn't good enough and neither is Voronin.  Defoe would be a good addition to the squad and is available.  He offers more threat than the three amigos combined.  We can offload those three in the summer and buy another quality striker or two.
Rockthekop

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:57 pm

I really hope that we go for Abidal.  He's not fitting into the Barcelona system, but I think he'd be great in the English League.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Foximus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:28 am

I think we are one top quality player away from a great squad.  Ive thought about it alot and i know it would cost an arm and a leg but i think the player that would suit out bill perfectly is Robinho from Real.  He can play on the left on the right, or just behind Torres all the places we are needing an attacking threat and hes only 23...Ill chip in a few grand for him!!
Foximus

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:27 am

Foximus- We're more like 3 or 4 players away from having a squad good enough to challenge for the title.  And Robinho would not fit into our team because of his attitude and he doesn't defend.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby zirgoz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:41 am

I've checked out Huntelaar, he seems to be a strong composed striker who is also good in the air.

Huntelaar compilation i found in the net.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevan....n_sport
zirgoz

Postby Foximus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:01 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Foximus- We're more like 3 or 4 players away from having a squad good enough to challenge for the title.  And Robinho would not fit into our team because of his attitude and he doesn't defend.

On recent displays yes 3-4 players away from a championship team, but the team is down on form and playing nowhere nears its potential.  Robinho would definately fit the bil at Liverpool, firstly his attitude has improved drastically and who cares if he doesnt defend.  The players at the moment like Kuyt for example just chase the ball around all day and work hard but they have no quality hell they cant ATTACK!.  Robinho would be bought to score goals with his quality not stop them, leave that to the rest.  We must realise this, and seek players of quality rather than players who have potential or players who work hard for the team (defend) .  Otherwise we will end up with more dead wood in the form of squad players like Kuyt, Voronin etc
Foximus

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:11 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Foximus- We're more like 3 or 4 players away from having a squad good enough to challenge for the title.  And Robinho would not fit into our team because of his attitude and he doesn't defend.

well personaly i think we defend to much we need out and out attack minded players look at man u ronny dont defend much or nani we need a player like that.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Foximus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:29 am

LegBarnes wrote:

well personaly i think we defend to much we need out and out attack minded players look at man u ronny dont defend much or nani we need a player like that.

i agree
Foximus

Postby saetiakidLFC » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:44 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2PupBTymHGI

We need some of that, that video makes our wingers look like pub team players!.
saetiakidLFC

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:41 pm

Juventus have agreed a deal to sign Momo Sissoko from Liverpool for €13m and the transfer will become official this Sunday, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport.
Sissoko Deal Done, Official Confirmation On Sunday – Gazzetta
zoom - galleria

The 23-year-old midfielder has been strongly associated with the Bianconeri for several weeks now, with the only question seemingly being whether he would arrive in Turin this month or in June.

Sissoko will touch down in Turin on Sunday, where he will complete a routine medical, complete the final signature, before flying back to Ghana for the African Cup of Nations, where he is representing his country Mali.

Theoretically Sissoko is already a Juventus player after an agreement was reached yesterday over both a transfer fee and wages.

Juve will pay Liverpool €13m, with €11m being paid immediately, and another €2m after a set number of league and cup appearances.

Sissoko has agreed a four-and-a-half-year contract, with an option of an extra year after this. The player will receive a healthy €2.5m a year, which works out at just under €50,000 a week.

Juventus have been desperate to sign a centre midfielder this month following the disastrous performances of Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron, who were signed for a combined €22m last summer.

Sissoko had the chance to join the Old Lady last summer but he rejected the transfer in favour of signing a new contract at Liverpool.

This season he has barely featured for the Merseyside-based club, and it seems he has had a change of heart over a move to Italy’s most successful club.

Goodbye Sissoko, wish you the best in Seria A!  :)
ruskiy playmaker

Postby destro » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:47 pm

FFS ! with the Yanks and their sewn up pockets you would think we would try and get the whole ammount in one go, none of this appearance add ons. Rafa said there was a few clubs interested in Momo, so I am guessing that Juventus were the only ones serious enough to follow it up and that explains the pay as you play bollox
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion