WEST HAM VS LIVERPOOL - All build up and reaction here please!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Sabre wrote:AB warns

This game will not be easy.

Some think for some strange reason,that because we've beaten Chelsea that we'll win all of our games against the lower sides.

That isn't the case. They'll probably sit-back and try to soak up the pressure and then hit us on the counter attack. They will be disciplined and aggressive.

The result against Chelsea goes out the window, this is just another game and it's difficult to play against West Ham at their ground. They'll be up for it and trying to get a result that would kick start their season [even though the result against Manure should had done that].

You're right in warning us that it's going to be a tough one, all relegation teams at home have their amount of danger. But if we defend like we are doing recently I also think that it's very tough to beat us.

Call me conservative, but I wouldn't be unhappy with a point away, which I think we'll get at the least. If we do things well we could bring the 3 points.

On the contrary....Relegation teams are usually there because they are shi.te!

WE will beat them Sabre!!LFC
And call me what you want i will not be happy with a point!
I want 3!
66-1120597113

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:18 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
s@int wrote:We need 3 points against West Ham if we are to maintain our progress. Anything less and I see it as 2 points dropped not a point gained( a defeat is surely almost unthinkable!) I am quietly confident of a good performance and a 2-0 win for us. Go at them from the start and their confidence will crumble.

I agree with that, taking into consideration we've had over a week off to rest and to train.

Are WH in the fa cup?

They are still in it Bamaga, they play Watford.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:27 pm

We should win given that we've had over a week to rest and prepare for the game.  Not underestimating them at all--they have talent, are at home and are up against it in terms of relegation (wounded dog and all that) but we are the form team in the league, are scoring goals AND keeping cleansheets for fun now and need to be pushing Chelsea for second.  I'm with Saint, a draw is definitely two points dropped and a loss is unacceptable.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Hotrod » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Well Said Bad Bob. We should we beating relagation candidates hands down, dropping points it not accpetable. Seeing as we have had a few injuries down the left I thinks its gotta be the Aurellio Riise combo and maybe crouch replaced with Bellamy to add a bit of pace to the frontline. Will be intresting to see how th hammers line up. They made alot of new signing this week. We all know how it takes time for player to settle so were gonna have to see.

I think a 2-0 win is how the final score will be.
Gerrard
Kuyt
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Ambition to get 3 points is something good BarryBelfast, as long as our players don't get too anxious if it's min 55 and the score is 0-0.

I rely on the team as much as the next mate, I'm just cautious.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scouse_legend » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:21 pm

Im gnna go for 2-0 after todays performance lol 1-0 loss against watford is bad so i reckon we should win this game :p  :D  :laugh:

Scouse_legend

Postby monkey 20 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:08 pm

Bad Bob wrote:We should win given that we've had over a week to rest and prepare for the game.  Not underestimating them at all--they have talent, are at home and are up against it in terms of relegation (wounded dog and all that) but we are the form team in the league, are scoring goals AND keeping cleansheets for fun now and need to be pushing Chelsea for second.  I'm with Saint, a draw is definitely two points dropped and a loss is unacceptable.

:buttrock
monkey 20

Postby skipper » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:49 am

Sabre wrote:Ambition to get 3 points is something good BarryBelfast, as long as our players don't get too anxious if it's min 55 and the score is 0-0.

I rely on the team as much as the next mate, I'm just cautious.

It could very well get a bit anxious if we don't score in the first hour.  But like you said Sabre, our players need to play confidently and avoid being frustrated or anxious because that's what underdogs will try to do to us.  Remember, we are a much stronger side and are playing much better.  No reason for any of the players to get frustrated on Tuesday.

With that said, I still believe our team could dominate the first half and get the lead going into half.  Go right at them and score early (like against Chelsea).  If the Hammers don't budge, then we continue to plug away.  Stay calm and confident and 3 points is ours.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:40 am

I was a bit worried that sh.itbag Lucas Neill would do an ale house tackle on one of our better players, no worries now, he's out for 6 weeks. Their confidence is nul but they will be desparate for points, I think Momo might be on the bench.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78629&start=0

We will deffo win this then bring on the
bluesite  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:45 am

Lucas Neill out for six weeks  :D  :laugh:  :laugh: feckin loser.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:49 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Lucas Neill out for six weeks    :laugh:  :laugh: feckin loser.

I should'nt laugh but  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:53 am

In all seriousness, like  someone else said . Cliche i know but, if we take each game as it comes and keep putting the pressure on the others , we will see at the end of the season where we stand . We must keep winning and see where that takes us . We should always be looking to take all three points from teams in the relegation zone home or away. 

By the way can anyone tell me if the other teams in the top four have a match midweek . If we win and the others don't play the pressure will start to mount hopefully on Chelsea and Arsenal at least.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:01 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
By the way can anyone tell me if the other teams in the top four have a match midweek .

Tuesday.
Portsmouth v Middlesbrough, 19:45
Reading v Wigan, 20:00
Sheff Utd v Fulham, 19:45
West Ham v Liverpool, 19:45
Wednesday:

Wednesday, 31 January 2007
Barclays Premiership
Bolton v Charlton, 20:00
Chelsea v Blackburn, 19:45
Man Utd v Watford, 20:00
Newcastle v Aston Villa, 20:00

So if we win we will only be 2 points behind Chelsea on tuesday night :buttrock
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:05 am

peewee wrote:i predict some midfield jiggery pokery, i also predict that it will either be a draw or one team will win.

why do people bother to predict scores an scorers, it baffles me  ??? :D

Im so friggin sorry. :down:

I still say 2-1 Crouch and Gerrard. :rasp
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:07 am

i thought it was a full programme this week with games on tuesday and wednesday

and jkop   :angry:

:D
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion