We must lose to real betis to knock chelsea out !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:06 am

Group G

Liverpool     10pts     +5
Chelski        7pts      +4
Real Betis    6pts      -3
Anderlecht   0pts      -6

As far as I can see how can us losing to Betis put chelsea out??
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:14 am

The chief loser from Chelsea's defeat last night is of course, us. Betis now have to win at Anfield (assuming Chelsea overcome Anderlecht which they will) and will be very very dangerous in my view. You have to assume that Betis will win at home against Anderlecht so they will come over knowing exactly what they have got to do.
BTW, I only saw the goal from the Chelsea game and the unbelieveable Essien double-poster (which could potentially put us out) so didn't see any of Joaquin. Did he play, is he injured and if so will he still be when we play 'em?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:21 am

BTW, I only saw the goal from the Chelsea game and the unbelieveable Essien double-poster (which could potentially put us out) so didn't see any of Joaquin. Did he play, is he injured and if so will he still be when we play 'em?

Yes he played and played very well. He was a key player when Chelsea was putting the pressure on, he broke it putting the nerves on to the Chelsea players. He was not injured. Who was injured unfortunately was Oliveira (unfortunately because it seems an injury of whole season not just our game), and that will be an important one, since guys like Dani only score sitters and dive in the area.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:26 am

I don't understand this thread. If we want to finish top of the group we need to beat Betis at home and get at least a draw at Chelsea. If we lost to Betis they would be 1 point behind us with only Anderlecht to play (3 points) and we would have to play Chelsea away who by then would be level on points with us.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:27 am

bigmick wrote:The chief loser from Chelsea's defeat last night is of course, us. Betis now have to win at Anfield (assuming Chelsea overcome Anderlecht which they will) and will be very very dangerous in my view. You have to assume that Betis will win at home against Anderlecht so they will come over knowing exactly what they have got to do.

Very true bigmick, they will come hard at us, as they know they need to win, simple as. They have the quality up front to really hurt us, with the likes of Joaquin, Capi and Ricardo Oliveira to name a few.

We can't afford to sit back and play for a draw (all we need to progress), as we saw what happened when we sat back in the second half in Seville, we conceded 70% possession or some ridiculous figure, and although we defended well in that game, we can't afford to be over cautious, or we could be punished. I don't think we will be though, as we are the home team, and a win would almost guarantee us top spot in the group.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:32 am

Capi and Ricardo Oliveira to name a few.

Betis has real troubles right now, Oliveira is going to be out the whole season (I feel sorry for the lad) and Capi has a lot to do to recover his fitness since he's been through a nightmare of injuries. Another guy who worries me is AssunÇao, but I have to check what's his injury status.

I think Betis is less Betis when he's not at home, we have done the hardest part, winning there. I'd put my money on Liverpool for the Liverpool - Betis game.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:33 am

this was a stupid topic to start and im sure hes sorry that he started it the main thing is we only need a point to put us through chelsea could be out bearing we beat em and anderlecht get atleat a point and ac milan are second with the same amount as points as schalke which could put them out

:censored: it lets tease him more  :D
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:39 am

Sabre wrote:
Capi and Ricardo Oliveira to name a few.

Betis has real troubles right now, Oliveira is going to be out the whole season (I feel sorry for the lad) and Capi has a lot to do to recover his fitness since he's been through a nightmare of injuries. Another guy who worries me is AssunÇao, but I have to check what's his injury status.

I think Betis is less Betis when he's not at home, we have done the hardest part, winning there. I'd put my money on Liverpool for the Liverpool - Betis game.

Sabre

yeh Assuncao is a good player as well, I don't think his injury is serious though.

What happened to Sociedad the other day Sabre? 5-0 against Madrid, awful result.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:44 am

tracertong u idiot!
I for one couldn't care less if chelsea made it or not.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:55 am

wondering why some peeps are just more interested in chelsea's defeat than our win
???
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

What happened to Sociedad the other day Sabre? 5-0 against Madrid, awful result.

It was the f*cking Bar$a, not Madrid. But well, it happened the classic thing that happens in those Stadiums. You start playing well, decent 18 minutes, you arrive with some ease to Barcelona's goal, and then a foul isn't conceded (classic in Madrid and Barcelona) a Barcelona counterattack and goal. And then everything begins to be wrong, 2 injuried players in the next 10 minutes (Xabi Prieto a class winger we have and was doing harm, and Alonso's brother) and we lost the north of the game.

I don't care, it's better to lose once 5-0 than 5 times 1-0 :), and we've won 3 games in a row. Not a bad season so far. If you want to bet money on Spanish league, you can count for sure that Barcelona will win this league, They're a step beyond Real Madrid and the other.

About the thread, it's pointless, I want first Liverpool, then Betis, but the only way I can see this happening is through Liverpool winning in Stamford Bridge, which is not impossible.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:10 am

Sabre wrote:

It was the f*cking Bar$a, not Madrid. But well, it happened the classic thing that happens in those Stadiums. You start playing well, decent 18 minutes, you arrive with some ease to Barcelona's goal, and then a foul isn't conceded (classic in Madrid and Barcelona) a Barcelona counterattack and goal. And then everything begins to be wrong, 2 injuried players in the next 10 minutes (Xabi Prieto a class winger we have and was doing harm, and Alonso's brother) and we lost the north of the game.

I don't care, it's better to lose once 5-0 than 5 times 1-0 :), and we've won 3 games in a row. Not a bad season so far. If you want to bet money on Spanish league, you can count for sure that Barcelona will win this league, They're a step beyond Real Madrid and the other.

About the thread, it's pointless, I want first Liverpool, then Betis, but the only way I can see this happening is through Liverpool winning in Stamford Bridge, which is not impossible.

Sabre

oh yeh my mistake :blush:

Barca are an absolute class side, no mistake. On their day they can absolutely tear apart anybody.

They could well win La Liga and the European Cup.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:11 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
bigmick wrote:The chief loser from Chelsea's defeat last night is of course, us. Betis now have to win at Anfield (assuming Chelsea overcome Anderlecht which they will) and will be very very dangerous in my view. You have to assume that Betis will win at home against Anderlecht so they will come over knowing exactly what they have got to do.

Very true bigmick, they will come hard at us, as they know they need to win, simple as. They have the quality up front to really hurt us, with the likes of Joaquin, Capi and Ricardo Oliveira to name a few.

We can't afford to sit back and play for a draw (all we need to progress), as we saw what happened when we sat back in the second half in Seville, we conceded 70% possession or some ridiculous figure, and although we defended well in that game, we can't afford to be over cautious, or we could be punished. I don't think we will be though, as we are the home team, and a win would almost guarantee us top spot in the group.

That simply won't happen,

In Europe, we must be the team with the best current form. We are undefeated in 12 matches?? when we need a win in Europe, I am always confident we will do just that.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:18 pm

maximus wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

That simply won't happen,

In Europe, we must be the team with the best current form. We are undefeated in 12 matches?? when we need a win in Europe, I am always confident we will do just that.

dont like to rsin on you parade but we lost to sofia in the qualifiers that was 5 games ago
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby neil » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:33 pm

bigmick wrote:The chief loser from Chelsea's defeat last night is of course, us. .

the unbelieveable Essien double-poster (which could potentially put us out)

firstly, I think you'll find the chief loser to be Chelsea

secondly, the Essien double-poster could potetially put chelsea out.

I'm gonna have to keep my eye on your posts bigmick, your goin through a tricky spell.   :suspect:
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion