Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Lose to chelsea - yes or no?

I'd rather we lose to Chelsea and deny the mancs
63%
I'd rather we beat Chelsea and do the mancs a favour
38%

Total votes : 72

Postby boodiddy1 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:50 pm

After a slow start at Anfield, they were put on the path towards the title by Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, who gifted Didier Drogba the opening goal after 33 minutes

GERRARD IS KING!
boodiddy1

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 12:19 am

He hit the ball quite firm mate. If anything it was Pepe who was slow to react as he should have been on that as soon as he saw Stevie turn before he passed.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:05 am

bavlondon wrote:He hit the ball quite firm mate. If anything it was Pepe who was slow to react as he should have been on that as soon as he saw Stevie turn before he passed.

not interested how hard he hit pal, i just know the mancs dont have 19! cudn't care less about the rest. A nightmare season.
boodiddy1

Postby LFC2007 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 am

boodiddy1 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:He hit the ball quite firm mate. If anything it was Pepe who was slow to react as he should have been on that as soon as he saw Stevie turn before he passed.

not interested how hard he hit pal, i just know the mancs dont have 19! cudn't care less about the rest. A nightmare season.

Let's not go counting our chickens just yet mate. There would be nothing worse than if they stole ahead on the last day by virtue of a freak result (if Bolton can run Chelsea close for a draw, Wigan can too).
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 am

Main thing is its out of our hands now, and we can look back and think that at least we didn't gift the league to the mancs. If they win it now its the blue b@stards fault, not ours.  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 03, 2010 2:18 am

I feel dirty after today .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon May 03, 2010 7:37 am

liverpoolusfan wrote:After watching that back pass from the captain, i think Gerrard voted for the first option as well. :p

I'm sure he won't be as devastated by that 'error' as he would usually, that is for sure. I wonder if whiskeynose will demand an investigation should Chelsea wrap up the league........................  :D

Serves whiskeynose right, who does he think he is telling US we should play for pride and do them a favour?!?!? Still he had lapdog Bruce sniffing at his crotch and humping his leg yesterday, Bruce even had to mention the Chelsea result in his post-match interview as if that impacted on Sunderland in any way whatsoever
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon May 03, 2010 8:34 am

Igor Zidane wrote:I feel dirty after today .

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am,"
Thanks Rafa
:(
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon May 03, 2010 10:16 am

We where just lazy and sloppy yesterday and thats why Gerrard made the error. Despite what they think there was very much and end of season feel to our performance and that was enough to ensure Chelsea won comfortably.Before the match Benitez stated the lads where tired, injured and confidence was low, and you dont do that in preparation for a game your desperate to win. If Chelsea had wrapped up the title before yesterday I think you may have seen us give it a go to try and prove something, but with the United thing ticking away in the back of the head you switch off without even realising it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu May 06, 2010 6:00 am

Well if it is ANY consolation to those who feel in some way we should have or could have done better, or doubt themselves for less than willing us to win 100%, it wouldn't have made any difference to fourth - we couldn't reach 70 points which is what spudz have.

The good news is that citeh can't finish fourth so their attraction to some of our star players is in potential rather than the reality of playing proper European football ie they're not in the Champions League either! They need to do some big name buying and they haven't got that Champions League carrot, they merely have a stick of a big money pot and some footballers do have scruples and won't just be in it for £££££.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion