Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Lose to chelsea - yes or no?

I'd rather we lose to Chelsea and deny the mancs
63%
I'd rather we beat Chelsea and do the mancs a favour
38%

Total votes : 72

Postby Beachdrifter » Sat May 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Wanting Liverpool to lose a game? ??? Even if manure do win no. 19 it doesn't mean we wont win any more, have the faith and belief this club deserves.
Win tomorrow, win at Hull and look forward and begin to dream for next season. Remember this is Liverpool Football Cub and no matter what man usa :censored: nal or chelski do there is something about this club that those team has or never will have!
Beachdrifter

Postby Penguins » Sat May 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Well, we have had a shitty 20 years now, while the skanks and their red nosed overlord are about to take away from us the only thing we right now are holding onto in this hour of darkness.

Just the thought of the glee on Neville and Slur Alex's faces when they lift no 19 would be unbearable to me. Not once has "he who must not be names" treated Lfc with respect and now we have the chance to pay him back, with league title no 19 at old toilet.

We have always been able to claim to be the most successful club in history. And it has always been one thing comforting me after one dismal season after another. Now that is also about the be gone and to hear Neville say something to the effect of Manure being the most successful club would be like sticking a knife into my heart.

There are special circumstances about this game also. It will be a total meaningless game for us as it will probably determine if we end up 6th or 7th. And noone, and I mean noone will even raise an eyebrow when they look in the history books and see us finishing 6th or 7th.
But you can be sure quite alot will raise an eyebrow where it says this was the season when Manure erased lfc's record and became the most winningful club in history when they took no 19!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 01, 2010 8:23 pm

The most upsetting thing for me is Ferguson giving his " I said my ambition was to knock Liverpool off their perch, I have finally done it" speech.  Cling on for another couple of years .... Fergie  will go, we will get new owners and new investment and then we can climb right back on our perch for the next twenty years..... after that I won't be worried anyway.
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

red37 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:
red37 wrote:Aldo is a legend - Reina, come the hour of judgement will be considered in the same breath. Whether he ultimately achieves such a stature here or at another club - he goes down in my book already, as one of the worlds top pro's. On and off the pitch. Reina will win his share of honours (somewhere)  But as 'men' and of character, integrity and substance - they both exemplify all that is good (that is STILL relevant) to Liverpool FC.

I respect them both.

Reina for being the spokesman of this current side expressing a view that the majority of supporters would want to hear a Liverpool team embracing. And Aldo for all the memories he provided...the trophies he helped to acquire and the rest of the team around him, who performed majestically at times.  The difficulty is that they are both 'right' in what they are saying... But Reina has to adopt his 'olympian spirit' moreso because it is the here and now. I dont doubt for that matter that ANY of the first team worth their salt would disagree with him either.

The whole issue is sickening and i can't wait for it all to be over with tbh. Whatever the outcome this weekend, matters are firmly outside of our own control regards to actually sneaking into 4th place.  But while there is the slenderest of chances - it must be chased after.

The whole lot rides on what the others do today.

well spurs and man city both won.

now what?

'Now what?'  what  ???

The Liverpool way i would have thought...go out and try and win the game. If we can't, fair enough. So long as the effort and commitment is there the redmen will be applauded from the field im certain.

As will Rafa Benitez.

i only asked "now what?" because you said:
The whole lot rides on what the others do today

so i thought after today there would  have been a final conclusion.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun May 02, 2010 12:19 am

i still cant understand the big thing about people condemning fans that dont want united to win the league so are prepared to sacrifice one game because of it  ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Penguins » Sun May 02, 2010 2:30 am

Well, it is important whether we loose this unimportant fixture for us when we lost 18 other games that actually had meaning for us this season.

I do not want us to throw the game but I'd rest my best players and play mostly reserve/subs players and tell them to show me what they've got.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby shabelle50 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:19 am

Ideally if we beat Chelsea then we'd want United to lose at Sunderland but if we win that won't happen. I don't really care about United getting 19 it's more important what happens in the next 5, 10 years than the next week.
shabelle50

Postby kunilson » Sun May 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Never want us to lose.

Won't be too upset if we lose today tho cos of the "special" circumstances.

weird one. but cant vote either way....
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby frikki » Sun May 02, 2010 1:23 pm

We might not make it to the Europa League Next season

My concern is that Fulham who might win the Europa League  could get the 3rd spot to the Europa League next season.

Back in 2005 when we got a exeption to be the 5th english team in the champions league then uefa said that if this happens again then the current holders should get the 4th champions league spot.
Does anyone know if this would also apply to the Europa League?

maybe this deserves a new thread but we must win chelsea and go to at least 6th place to avoid this potential problem
frikki

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 02, 2010 2:36 pm

We are already guarenteed a europa spot
Benny The Noon

Postby zarababe » Sun May 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Gawed masch k,et him go by - :D looks like we wanna let'em win
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 2:43 pm

2-0

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Anyone fancy a fightback ?

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 02, 2010 2:45 pm

s@int wrote:Anyone fancy a fightback ?

The players dont anymore .
Benny The Noon

Postby liverpoolusfan » Sun May 02, 2010 4:51 pm

After watching that back pass from the captain, i think Gerrard voted for the first option as well. :p
liverpoolusfan

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion