TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY - live updates, news here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:33 pm

banana wrote:Bonera is a good player i think. Maybe we can pull off this one? I also believe we have a cheap german defender lined up. So even though time is running out i'm pretty confident about us getting at least one defender (that cheap german bloke)

Bloody fantastic, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE CAAN ONLY JUST ABOUT SIGN SOME CHEAP GERMAN BLOKE

Where has all our money gone from winning the champions league.

If all we can get our second rate players we should have kept hold of players like Biscan and Cheyrou, who at least knew the current squad and the way Raffa wants to play the game.

Our signings so far have been very dissapointing!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:37 pm

I've been a bit dispointed in our transfer activity this summer but oh well I suppose we'll have to work with what we have now. :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:49 pm

We missed Owen and Figo this summer but we've just signed two kids so thats OK then is it? No it isn't OK. I'm fast losing patience with our club. We've had a terrible summer in the transfer market.

Come on Rafa, you've gotta do better than this.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:56 pm

I wouldn't say we 'missed out' on Figo.  The guy choose to go to Inter for more money.  As for Owen....Rafa told him he would have to earn his place in the starting 11....have to say i'm surprised he's gone to Newcastle, especially after all the grief he gave us wanting to play in the Champions league!  :veryangry
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:49 pm

I wouldn't say we 'missed out' on Figo.  The guy choose to go to Inter for more money.  As for Owen....Rafa told him he would have to earn his place in the starting 11....have to say i'm surprised he's gone to Newcastle, especially after all the grief he gave us wanting to play in the Champions league!

Yup !
These two guys don't have a passion to play for Liverpool ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby banana » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:50 pm

As it is right now we are desperately short in some positions. Assuming Rafa favours 4-4-1-1 i'd gusee this is the current status:

GK:
1st Reina
2nd Carson
3rd Dudek

Position obviously well covered. 3 quality players, possibly 1 big name goalie too much. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dudek walk out the door in January.

RB:
1st Finnan
2nd Josemi

And we could switch Carra to RB if a crisis is coming or even use Barragan. Finnan was ok last season, but to be honest he must do at least as good this year if he want to secure his future at an european top team. Josemi is below average. Position not as good as I think necessary.

CD:
1st Carra
2nd Hyypia
3rd Josemi?
4th Traore?
5th Whitbread
6th Riise?

Only 2 real centre backs in our squad. I guess that is why Benitez has tried Josemi in that position lately. Josemi is maybe a bit small and rash to play there. If there is a crisis (and I fully expect our centre backs to get injured or suspended at some part during the season) I wouldn't be surprised to see Traore or even Riise covering at centre back. Whitbread is a rookie and should only play against Carlisle or Hull in cup competitions.

LB:
1st: Traore
2nd: Warnock
3rd Riise

Well covered

RM:
1st: None really
2nd: Garcia
3rd: Cisse
4rth: Zenden, Pongolle, Finnan, Potter, Barragan,,,,,

No real winger at our club. Garcia will probably play there a lot, and also Cisse. I would expect a big number of players being tried in that position.

CM:
1st: Gerrard
2nd: Alonso
3rd: Sissoko
4th: Hamann

Covered!

LM:
1st: Riise
2nd: Zenden

A bit frustrating this is. No wingers on the right, and on the left not enough flair and pace to threathen the defenders. Both players are solid, don't get me wrong. Let's gat some chilean pace and flair in january.

AM/F:
1st: Gerrard
2nd: Garcia
4th: Pongolle

Benitez will use either a midfielder or an attacker in this position.

S:
1st: Crouch
2nd: Morientes
4th: Pongolle

Maybe enough if Crouch becomes a success, if not a potential disaster area.

Best 11 4-4-1-1

Reina

Finnan
Hyypia
Carra
Traore

Riise
Sissoko
Alonso
Garcia

Gerrard

Crouch
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Hotrod » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:17 pm

good post but i think nando may start ahead of crouch but at anfield we mite go more positive 442 ut u never no
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:18 pm

xd3vilx wrote:Well...from Goal.com

Liverpool Want Bonera-Parma GM
8/30/2005 2:43:00 PM
Liverpool are attempting a last minute signing of Parma defender Daniele Bonera, announced the Serie A club’s general manager Oreste Cinquini.
“The new owners told me they don’t want to sell Bonera. But Liverpool’s offer has been rising by the minute. If this trend continues, I will have to report back to management, and see what they say,” he said.

Cinquini then confirmed Bonera has requests in Italy as well.

“Inter, and another important Serie A club have asked us about him,” he revealed.

Bonera is a starter on the Italian national team.

Final Attempt To Get A CB...

now sky sports have reported it:

Parma have received an offer from Liverpool for centre back Daniele Bonera.

The Italian stopper has emerged as one of Rafa Benitez's pre-deadline targets but two Serie A clubs are also in the frame.

"The club's shareholders have told me not to sell him," sporting director Oreste Cinquini told GRT radio. "But Liverpool are very interested right now.

"If an offer reaches a certain economic level then I will be obliged to inform the club officials of it."

Internazionale are one of the other suitors with a mystery Italian side also involved in the bidding.

Despite Parma's reluctance to sell Bonera, a bid between €6 million (£4.1 million) and €7 million (£4.78 million) may tempt the Gialloblu to sell.

Chelsea have also been linked with the defender in the past.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:21 pm

The way transfers are going you would think the whole world thought we fluked the champions league  :veryangry
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby is-stan-bul » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:03 pm

Just read in the Liverpool Echo that we probably would have got owen but it was a case of him keeping a cool head and rejecting newcastle in favour of us, this would have mean't he would have had to show a bit of cool in the next 48 hours; I think as liverpool fans we should all rally behind the club and realise that owen is only interested in his international career and obviously not his club career hence the move to newcastle:D and i think after the way he walked out on us last summer we are again going to have the last laugh.
is-stan-bul

Postby GLB1 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:44 am

banana wrote:LM:
1st: Riise
2nd: Zenden

A bit frustrating this is. No wingers on the right, and on the left not enough flair and pace to threathen the defenders. Both players are solid, don't get me wrong. Let's gat some chilean pace and flair in january.

Have you forgotten a certain little Harry Kewell that when fully fit is always in the Top 5 players on the ground. The same Harry Kewell that single handly ripped Englands defense apart and made Rio Ferdinand look like an amatuer. Whilst playing down the right wing I might add. You will see a new Kewell this year. He will be like a new signing for us. We have the quality in our squad. We are better than we were at the start of last season and last season we won the CL. Worry for what ?? We have the players to last us till Janurary

Best 11 4-2-3-1

Reina

Finnan
Hyypia
Carra
Riise

Sissoko
Alonso

Garcia
Gerrard
Kewell

Cisse

:buttrock YNWA
GLB1

Postby red187 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:52 am

I dont know if its a good or bad sign but there seems to be absolutely nothing relating us buying anymore players in the morning papers, Rafa could be keeping his cards close or we may have just exhasted all off our options
red187

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:26 am

It looks like this Austrian is our right winger. Has anyone seen him play?
As for a centre back, all I have heard is Bonera. I'm not too fussed defenders from serie A. Look at Matterazzi - fantastic in Italy, but :censored: over here.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:28 am

Liverpoolfc.tv have an article on the top 10 cloak and dagger tranfers - is this a hint that there may be something in the pipeline?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:20 am

Liverpool are planning a beat-the-deadline move for Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has made a right-sided midfielder his top priority as he looks to bolster his squad.

Benitez decided against making a move to bring Michael Owen back to Anfield and has now focused his attentions on luring Simao to England.

The Spaniard has been frustrated in his attempts to bring in a right-sided winger this summer after seeing Stelios Giannakopoulos stay with Bolton and a move for Nolberto Solano fail to materialise.

Liverpool officials are reported to have travelled to Portugal to hold talks with Benfica over a move for Simao.

The European champions are believed to have initially offered €10 million for the former Barcelona ace, but that bid was rejected out of hand by Benfica.

The Portuguese champions are keen to keep hold of their captain, but Liverpool are thought to have upped their offer to €15 million in a bid to land the pacey winger.

Liverpool are now hoping that Benfica will accept their offer and that they can push through a deal for Simao before the transfer window slams shut at midnight on Wednesday.

Taken from SSN website
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion