Liverpool v cska sofia - Team news, live updates etc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:16 am

I'm going to give my honest opinion of those that played in tonights match, disregarding reputations and supposed ability.

Carson. - Had virtually nothing to do, except pick the ball out of the net, and catch a few crosses. Solid, and not to blame for their goal.

Finnan - Cr*p positioning, allowed the winger too much time on the ball. Other than that - OK.
Josemi - Rubbish, good, rubbish, good, rubbish... - Get's drawn in too easily. Aerial duties were fulfilled well.

Hyypia - Solid defending as usual, but passing gets worse.

Warnock - Committed, bright, eager. One of 2 starters who played like it meant something to them. Shouldn't have been replaced, and would probably have got M of the M otherwise.

Potter - Cr*p.

Hamann - Good defensively, sh*te attacking.

Sissoko - Only other starter to look interested. Has elastic legs, and never gave their midfield more than 3 seconds. Seems to have a penchant for awkward tackling that works. My vote for Man of the Match.

Riise - Cracking effort at the kop end, but too idle in his midfield role. Allowed their right back acres of space. Solid at left back, for a change.

Cisse - Started brightly, but after he missed the one-on-one, looked like his house had been repossed, and had as much fight and drive in him as a librarian. Didn't track back/tackle/link up well with...

Morientes - For me, the biggest pile of sh*t on the field. Had the pace of a porta cabin, the awareness of a bag of chips, and the committment of a serial love-cheat. Why the feck didn't he belt the ball when clean through!?! Oh no, he had to take another touch. Gimp. Never did I expect to say the following; Get Crouch fit quick, cos at least he'll give something for the cause.

SUBS:

Garcia (for Potter). - Good performance. Was the only attacker of note in the second half. Put himself about, tackled, tracked back, and looked full of energy.

Zenden - Kewell in disguise.

Pongolle - Did more in 7 minutes than Cisse and Mori did in their time. Looked the part. (Could keep the ball for more than 3 steps). Lost possession once, but I think he'll be a real threat once he's fit again.

To cut a long story short - We were cr*p.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:24 am

i will have to learn. once again i get up at 3am to watch the game live when i should have expected a less than mediocre performance.

every game is important, yes we qualified but who honestly wants to lose any game. i want to win every game, i want the manager to put out the strongest team every game. i dont want another season like last season with people making excuses for bad performances. i want to see attacking exciting football, i want to see forwards who COULD hit a cows @rse with a banjo. i want to see a confident team, i want to see players who can pass the ball, i dont want to see a long ball hoofed up the pitch.

i hope this is sorted soon, im getting the impression rafa is starting to have the houllier 'there is no problem' attitude.
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:31 am

Do I detect a hint of realism replacing blind faith in this forum ?

Don't stone me to death BUT how many of us are betting our houses on a top three finish ?

Let's get serious , at present we are looking no more threatening than ,Tottenham or Bolton etc , Jeezuz  Christ ! when was the last time we were bracketed with them ? .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:40 am

woof woof ! wrote:Do I detect a hint of realism replacing blind faith in this forum ?

Don't stone me to death BUT how many of us are betting our houses on a top three finish ?

Let's get serious , at present we are looking no more threatening than ,Tottenham or Bolton etc , Jeezuz  Christ ! when was the last time we were bracketed with them ? .

ive always been realistic when it comes to the football woofster. we are not good enough and to be honest that doesnt seem to have changed with what i have seen up to now.

i never watch a game now confident that we will win, or even score to be honest.

before any crackpot accuses me of not being a true supporter, i am and always have been a true supporter, im just realistic and not blinded by stupidity
112-1077774096

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:40 am

got to say this start of the new season has been horrific and i cant see this team showing any improvement in the premiership this season, tonights game showed that we are no different to last season, it was just a repeat of a loss we would have had last year. barely beating a promoted side which looks terrible and the worst team in the prem and we struggled, drew with boro and now we lose this p!ss easy game to a sh!t team.

it shows me that the team is nowere near as strong as i thought and without our elite players we are just an average team. looks to be no improvement on last years terrible season in the league and im ready for the many disappointments of the season ahead. sorry for the strong pessimism but i think ive got strong cause for using it, i just hope things get dramatically better quickly to change it around.

oh and the terrible performances from our strikers and the huge lack of goals lately should show rafa that we do need owen back but from how it looks he obviously hasnt realised this yet and still believes these strikers can score the goals we need
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:52 am

You know what this game really is? A slap in the face, a wake up call to the players. The lesson that was learned today is that you do not take anything for granted. We won the first leg 3-1 but our players shouldn't had taken it easy. From the get go we should had went for the first goal and prevented Sofia from making any real chance of scoring.

Players like Riise,Hamann,Cisse,etc... are capable of playing well, but they need a kick up in the as from time to time. Secondly it shows that Benitez isn't a miracle worker, he isn't going to change the squad completely to what he wants it just because we won the Champions League.

Benitez has stated that we need a CB and a RM, that was proven in recent games and I believe that we will get those players. Benitez says that 5 strikers is enough but he knows that it isn't, two of the five strikers are youngsters. He's not talking about buying a striker because he's playing it safe and it's not because we don't have the money for a striker as the chairman is willing to pay for the striker with his own money.

And it's good that we're gotten poor performances out of our system early on in the season. Move on to the next game, no time to keep crying over spilt milk. We had the chances to draw or win the game, we didn't take them. The golden rule in football is to take your chances when they are given to you, if not then you will be punished. Tonight we were punished at home.

Life goes on, and we need to move on and focus on CSKA Moscow.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:53 am

I'd still rather us sign Kuyt than Owen. Lets be honest, though, Owen would have scored tonight.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:54 am

got to say this start of the new season has been horrific and i cant see this team showing any improvement in the premiership this season, tonights game showed that we are no different to last season, it was just a repeat of a loss we would have had last year. barely beating a promoted side which looks terrible and the worst team in the prem and we struggled, drew with boro and now we lose this p!ss easy game to a sh!t team.

A horrific start? It hasn't been a world class start but horrific?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby akumaface » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:28 am

Just wondering is it because of the players or the system? I didn't watch the game last night but we had started 4-5-1 almost every game now and just too little space to create anything. The forward is easy to mark as only one stay up front. Also, is it really that hard to at least find a decent right winger? We just need to find someone who is better than what we have now. We all understand we do not have the money to get someone world class like Joaqin but a Solano or Stelios would definitely improve our right side a lot and they are not expensive at all. So, not really sure what's the story there. As for the finishing of our forward, I think we should give them couple more games as they haven't really played with each other all that much. As for Owen, we shouldn't think he is the answer to our problem because nothing is guaranteed. We have to find out where the problem lies (system or players). I think we should try to start Mellor or Pongolle just to stir things up. Otherwise, players such as Nando would take it for granted for the starting role. It would be a good idea as Mellor had always shown a killer instinct and is always look to score. Might as well put Pongolle on the right way as he is a sneaky player with very good ball control skill.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:01 am

I refuse to get depressed like some of you....

It's only the START of the season, I will only start to get REALLY worried if we are HORRIBLE in 3 or 4 months time.

I think we will have a REALLY good unit that plays wells in around 4 or 5 months time....

Stop being sad people, and look forward to the trophy we're gonna win this Friday.

Cheers!
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:28 am

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:I refuse to get depressed like some of you....

It's only the START of the season, I will only start to get REALLY worried if we are HORRIBLE in 3 or 4 months time.

I think we will have a REALLY good unit that plays wells in around 4 or 5 months time....

Stop being sad people, and look forward to the trophy we're gonna win this Friday.

Cheers!

so in three of four months time when we are still rubbish, then will you realise?

we cany afford to wait that time or we will once again have a wasted season in the league. teams now can not afford to have a poor spell because you can be certain that some other teams wont have that poor spell. look at the last two seasons, aresenal unbeaten, the cheslki with one defeat. and you want to give us a few months to get it right. yes we have four points but we are lucky to have that IMO, we are still not good enough mate, im sorry to say that
112-1077774096

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:17 am

peewee wrote:
Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:I refuse to get depressed like some of you....

Cheers!

so in three of four months time when we are still rubbish, then will you realise?

we cany afford to wait that time or we will once again have a wasted season in the league. teams now can not afford to have a poor spell because you can be certain that some other teams wont have that poor spell. look at the last two seasons, aresenal unbeaten, the cheslki with one defeat. and you want to give us a few months to get it right. yes we have four points but we are lucky to have that IMO, we are still not good enough mate, im sorry to say that

In the mean time there is nothing else US FANS can do appart from support the team!!

I mean what do you mean by we can't afford to wait? What do you propose to do? smash into the players and managers dressing room's to threaten them with knives and insist on them playing Brasilian football? yeah I'm sure that will do the trick lol :D

I think we will do well in terms of results over the forth coming months, but we will start playing really good football after 4 or 5 months, whats wrong with that? It's only reasonable thinking.

Were trying to incorporate new players in to the team. With some teams incorporating new players works instantly, and with other teams, i.e us it takes time.

Just look at money bags star studded Chelsea....they're not exactly playing CHAMPAGNE FOOTBALL ARE THEY?

We'll sort out the problems and everyone will be madly in love with the team again, just as we all where 3 months ago :laugh:

Just chill ok :rasp 

Cheers!  :cool:
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:39 am

peewee wrote:i will have to learn. once again i get up at 3am to watch the game live when i should have expected a less than mediocre performance.

every game is important, yes we qualified but who honestly wants to lose any game. i want to win every game, i want the manager to put out the strongest team every game. i dont want another season like last season with people making excuses for bad performances. i want to see attacking exciting football, i want to see forwards who COULD hit a cows @rse with a banjo. i want to see a confident team, i want to see players who can pass the ball, i dont want to see a long ball hoofed up the pitch.

i hope this is sorted soon, im getting the impression rafa is starting to have the houllier 'there is no problem' attitude.

where on earth did you get to watch the match LIVE ?? is it on Supersports ??
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:43 am

siti_zaiton1982 wrote:
peewee wrote:i will have to learn. once again i get up at 3am to watch the game live when i should have expected a less than mediocre performance.

where on earth did you get to watch the match LIVE ?? is it on Supersports ??

yes channel 80, haha dont tell me you didnt know   :D
112-1077774096

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:44 am

come on people,Rafa knows what he's doing even though i myself are a bit worried  :sniffle
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion