TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY - live updates, news here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:07 am

Are we going to sign anyone else or what ??. It seems to me like we are just playing lets pretend. Held on to long to bid for Owen and now he is going to Newcastle. Are we going to sign anyone or are we going to leave it until January when it will all be to  :veryangry late.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:20 am

I know, we're cutting it a bit fine.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pinguinobetico » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:22 am

I have read liverpool want to join in Woodgate from R.Madrid

http://www.marca.es/edicion....39.html
Pinguinobetico

Postby Hotrod » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:24 am

how do u get that in english i cant read spanish
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Pinguinobetico » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:26 am

hehehehe im spanish im a betis supporter  if you want i can translate more or less.
Sorry of my English  :D :D
Pinguinobetico

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:28 am

This is what Alta Vista Babbel Fish comes out with:

And the Liverpool thinks about Woodgate!

Jonathan Woodgate is in the orbit of the Liverpool. Or therefore it affirmed Rafa to it Benítez at least, trainer of ‘reds’. “Quiero to file to him, although is very expensive for ours pretensiones”, it commented. It is necessary to remember that ‘Woody’ it was in the agenda of the Liverpool a year ago, when Real Madrid took control of its services. The technician recognizes that he asked the director the possibility of incorporating to the zaguero of Middlesbrough, but that the serious injury that suffered does dudar.  to him “Es a very interesting soccer player. I consulted to the club its draftee because the information that it had of him were excellent. In spite of everything, the injury that has separated from the fields as much time to him makes us reframe his contratación”.

Make no fooking sense, you may as well be speakin to a geordie :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:43 am

And you really think we are going to sign someone from Real Madrid
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:49 am

F**k Madrid, we never have any luck with those b3stards, wouldn't supprise me if next week they tried to pinch Rafa off us! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:50 am

Every player we go for just seems to get a better deal from their current club.. or worse, go and sign for Newcastle!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:04 pm

Exactly - can anyone please shed some light on people we are going to sign
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red or dead » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:09 pm

i like newcastle and there fans, there very much like us but it is a bit strange that owen has picked them over us there has to be more behind this than we are getting told even the newc fans must be surprised by this, my concern is that it seems we cannot get the players in for one reason or another i wish the club was a bit more open about things we the fans are being kept in the dark hence all the speculation that is doing are heads in    :angry:
red or dead

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:14 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Every player we go for just seems to get a better deal from their current club.. or worse, go and sign for Newcastle!!!

or blackburn (mcateer etc)
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:16 pm

they must be up to sumthin
kopite_1232002

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:18 pm

red or dead wrote:i like newcastle and there fans, there very much like us but it is a bit strange that owen has picked them over us there has to be more behind this than we are getting told even the newc fans must be surprised by this, my concern is that it seems we cannot get the players in for one reason or another i wish the club was a bit more open about things we the fans are being kept in the dark hence all the speculation that is doing are heads in    :angry:

Owen did not pick Newcastle over us, we didn't want him.. or at least raffa didn't.  Owen was running out of time (in his own head) as he needs to play first team football to ensure his place in the England team this summer. 

If Liverpool wanted him they would have signed him.

Instead we are left with Cisse, who I think will come good, Peter Crouch, only time will tell and Morientes, who Raffa seems to really like even though he looks decidely second rate! 

Whats worse is there is no sign of a world class center back or right midfielder, with LFC possibly about to sign Solano (who is deffo second rate) and maybe Woodgate, who hasn't played for over a year.

We seem to have left signing world class players just a little too late. 

Raff has been brilliant since his arrival last year, Iand I don't think we should start knnocking him 3 weeks into a new season, but he has been a little indesicive in the transfer market... or is it because we have no money to spend.

Sissoko and Reina look like good solid buys but as for the rest thay all seem to be players that no one really wants.  Hardly the transfer dealings of the current Champions League Winners.

On saturday we face Spurs and the week later Man U.  Maybe after these games we will see how the newly shaped Liverpool will do this year.  Lets keep our fingers crossed  and keep our failth in Raffa Benitez.

YNWA
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 2520years » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:18 pm

red or dead wrote:i like newcastle and there fans, there very much like us but it is a bit strange that owen has picked them over us there has to be more behind this than we are getting told even the newc fans must be surprised by this, my concern is that it seems we cannot get the players in for one reason or another i wish the club was a bit more open about things we the fans are being kept in the dark hence all the speculation that is doing are heads in    :angry:

Owen chose Liverpool, but Real Madrid aren't going to accept an £8m bid when there's a £17m bid on offer. Newcastle have paid over the odds, but Rafa's patience should pay off as we sign two more players for a reasonable fee.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion