Liverpool v cska sofia - Team news, live updates etc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:50 am

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
peewee wrote:
Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:I refuse to get depressed like some of you....

It's only the START of the season, I will only start to get REALLY worried if we are HORRIBLE in 3 or 4 months time.

I think we will have a REALLY good unit that plays wells in around 4 or 5 months time....

Stop being sad people, and look forward to the trophy we're gonna win this Friday.

Cheers!

so in three of four months time when we are still rubbish, then will you realise?

we cany afford to wait that time or we will once again have a wasted season in the league. teams now can not afford to have a poor spell because you can be certain that some other teams wont have that poor spell. look at the last two seasons, aresenal unbeaten, the cheslki with one defeat. and you want to give us a few months to get it right. yes we have four points but we are lucky to have that IMO, we are still not good enough mate, im sorry to say that

In the mean time there is nothing else US FANS can do appart from support the team!!

I mean what do you mean by we can't afford to wait? What do you propose to do? smash into the players and managers dressing room's to threaten them with knives and insist on them playing Brasilian football? yeah I'm sure that will do the trick lol :D

I think we will do well in terms of results over the forth coming months, but we will start playing really good football after 4 or 5 months, whats wrong with that? It's only reasonable thinking.

Were trying to incorporate new players in to the team. With some teams incorporating new players works instantly, and with other teams, i.e us it takes time.

Just look at money bags star studded Chelsea....they're not exactly playing CHAMPAGNE FOOTBALL ARE THEY?

We'll sort out the problems and everyone will be madly in love with the team again, just as we all where 3 months ago :laugh:

Just chill ok :rasp 

Cheers!  :cool:

yes that was my plan, to break in and threaten everyone.  c0cksmoker

if you had an idea what im talking about instead of trying to think up a witty response then we maght have got somewhere with this discussion.

of course im in no position to change it, but burying your head in the sand and pretending everything will be ok also wont solve the situation.  im so p1ssed with people coming on here, pretending to be the best supporter ever and not seing that there is a problem.

the fact is we are not good enough, that doesnt mean i will stop supporting the team ffs.

im sure every season wew ill be trying to incorporate people into the team, thats just a sad excuse. the problem is the way we play and the fact that we have two forwards who dont seem to know how to score goals.

chelsea are not playing fantastic football but they have played two and won two, one of them victories coming against a team that will be challenging for the title, no doubt they will also beat west brom tonight.

the fact is we can not afford to wait 3 months for an improvment. we are playing poorly and we cant score. one goal in two league games, and thats from a midfielder from a set piece.

if you think thats acceptable the god help us, i certainly dont
112-1077774096

Postby 84-1106852058 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:09 am

peewee wrote:i will have to learn. once again i get up at 3am to watch the game live when i should have expected a less than mediocre performance.

every game is important, yes we qualified but who honestly wants to lose any game. i want to win every game, i want the manager to put out the strongest team every game. i dont want another season like last season with people making excuses for bad performances. i want to see attacking exciting football, i want to see forwards who COULD hit a cows @rse with a banjo. i want to see a confident team, i want to see players who can pass the ball, i dont want to see a long ball hoofed up the pitch.

i hope this is sorted soon, im getting the impression rafa is starting to have the houllier 'there is no problem' attitude.

Agree with you ther mate,lets play our strongest eleven every time.There arent to many people saying we are going to win the league so why worry about tiredness and burn out.

I would much rather see us at full strength and competing for everything,from the begining if we fall away at the end of the season so be it at least we have given it our best shot.

Lets not forget the young kids who are taken to the match,these kids are our future season ticket holders,do you think they are going to remain interested when taken to watch games like tonights.

Play the strongest 11 get the goals then make the substitutions.
84-1106852058

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:17 am

I'm totally with you, peewee.

I mean we get up at 3:00 am to watch the match live in our parts of the world only to see a Liverpool side playing such mediocre football at Anfield of all places.

We all know how clever Mr. Benithez is and how sophisticated he is with tactics but it counts for nought if you play planks like Josemi, all 5 feet 9 of him in central defence when he is slow, cubmersome, lumbering, does not track, does not know anything about positioning and totally has no idea what marking is all about. Other than that, Potter was doing fancy backheels to his own shadow - who does he think he is, Zidane or Maradonna?

El Morro did nothing noteworthy in attack although he did track back and dispossessed CSKA players on a few occassions. Hard to believe that he was world class a few seasons ago but now is lumbering and cumbersome in attack as Josemi is in defence.

Cisse looked nothing like 14 million and perhaps Liverpool should do what Fullham did to Jean Tigana - sue him for overspending when he paid way too much for a French striker named Steve Marlett and Edwin van der Sar.

The other players were either plain average or did nothing noteworthy. Only Sissoko was worth mentioning and he made a lot of successful tackles compared to his team mates and even tried his luck in front of the CSKA goal and was unlucky not to cap the night with a goal. Our other potent attacking threat, if you can call it that, was Riise. Luis Garcia was useful when he came on.

It's really a small wonder why we are so reliant on Gerrard, and eventually, this unfair burden will break the ever reliable Captain's spirit if it persist for a ridiculous amount of time more.

I lost count how many times I swore every time the CSKA players bore down on our goal area.

But we can't help ourselve, can we, peewee? I am fortunate not to be paying unreasonable amount of money for a season ticket after witnessing two successive dire home performance.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:20 am

peewee, man, on the bright side at least you are just paying for Astro to get live games and not paying for a season ticket if you are in Liverpool.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:37 am

azriahmad wrote:peewee, man, on the bright side at least you are just paying for Astro to get live games and not paying for a season ticket if you are in Liverpool.

im considering suing astro for showing such sh1t without a warning beforehand    :D
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:58 am

That's worth a few laughs...:D

At least we can still laugh because Liverpool still qualified but it does not mean that we should accept such an abject performance.

peewee, you go and sue Astro so that they can then go and sue Liverpool.... :p
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:54 am

i think mori is running out of time to prove himself, he's just so c.rap at finishing. the one where he got past the goalkeeper and 2 defenders and decided to do this really slow gentle shot to the defender :angry: :angry:

i know cisse disappointed, but i think he would have smashed that one in no sweat

oh well, we're in the group stages!!!
and i can laugh myself silly when everton get their @rses kicked out of the champions league  :D  :D

kind of makes up for it all  :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brian_boru » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:19 am

Ok mates i am a bulgarian - CSKA Sofia fan so i am very proud of my team`s game. U know not every night we are playing with the European Champions and beat them. I wish u all the best in the group stages and friday`s game against the russians. Hope Liverpool will win the Champions League. Congratulatios for your fair play at Anfield.
brian_boru

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:21 am

brian_boru wrote:Ok mates i am a bulgarian - CSKA Sofia fan so i am very proud of my team`s game. U know not every night we are playing with the European Champions and beat them. I wish u all the best in the group stages and friday`s game against the russians. Hope Liverpool will win the Champions League. Congratulatios for your fair play at Anfield.

nice touch mate, thanks
112-1077774096

Postby A_Bulgarian » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:33 am

Hey lads, I can only second what brian_boru posted. CSKA fans are really happy with the victory although it did not have any real positive consequences for our team. Fair play from both teams, the match had several really tensive moments.
Very nice forum you guys have here, I like  your fair attitude towards our team. All the best to Liverpool, I do hope your players and coach take a lesson from this "slap" as someone before me named it.
I am satisfied with the perfomance of our team, it gives me hope that it could go through the 3rd UEFA cup stage and into the groups.
A_Bulgarian

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:42 am

Thanx for the kind words Bulgarians, your team played well the first half, hope you liked Anfield and welcome to the forum. :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:45 am

welcome to the forum. :)

nice posts, thanks :)
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brian_boru » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:30 am

thank u lads nice to meet u - i am boris 21 years old from Sofia, Bulgaria - supporter of the greatest team in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe - CSKA Sofia and fan of Liverpool the greatest football club in the world. So i have a question without reference to football. Becouse my faher is a big Beatles fan i want to know when is the Beatles week or was it something like that in Liverpool?
brian_boru

Postby Luis Garcia » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:56 pm

That performance was poor.

we will not get away with playing like that this season in the champions league.

If we do play like that we can kiss our title goodbye.
Luis Garcia

Postby FrankM » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:01 pm

brian_boru wrote:Ok mates i am a bulgarian - CSKA Sofia fan so i am very proud of my team`s game. U know not every night we are playing with the European Champions and beat them. I wish u all the best in the group stages and friday`s game against the russians. Hope Liverpool will win the Champions League. Congratulatios for your fair play at Anfield.

Off topic but how does a Bulgarian come to use the name of an Irish High King
FrankM

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion