TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY - live updates, news here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red or dead » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:23 pm

ola, i agree with most of your points but we did  meet with owen so there must of been some sort of an offer for him but maybe we did not show the same desire to sign him as much as they did but its time to move onto better things    :D
red or dead

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:27 pm

I thought we had first refusal On Michael Owen
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:29 pm

We have got first refusal on Owen, but the two bids need to be a lot closer for that clause to be considered.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:32 pm

2520years wrote:We have got first refusal on Owen, but the two bids need to be a lot closer for that clause to be considered.

Thanks for clearing that one up 250
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owen 10 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:32 pm

Woody is a very bad idea.

Just as you realise how mint he is (his first game) he'll pick up an injury and miss the next 3 games.

He's damaged goods, i'm actually very suprised he's kicking a ball again after his latest injury. He will never play more than 20 games a season for the rest of his career, which is not good for a defender and as defense works as a unit and needs to settle.

Collocini (however you spell it) would be a much better buy. A bit of an :censored: but he's a quality player who will not cost much. Also he can paly as a RB, meaning when Hyypia & Carra are fit and playing well you can slot him in their to keep him happy.
Owen 10

Postby red or dead » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:38 pm

this could be owen's next big mistake after leaving last time and us winning the champions league to snubbing us to join a club that is going nowere maybe he will make a differece to them as there fans deserve a change of fortune but i just dont see him challeging for any cups again i also think we have missed the chance to get 20 goals no problem, its time for cissie and the rest to step up to the plate, i have faith in them YNWA   :bowdown
red or dead

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:42 pm

He wanted to go to Real to win trophies and missed out on  champions league glory, now he signs for Newcasrle.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:57 pm

Kopboyau wrote:He wanted to go to Real to win trophies and missed out on  champions league glory, now he signs for Newcasrle.

Two wrong won't make a right...just wait and see  :sniffle
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:56 pm

Another season finishin fourth or there abouts
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:59 pm

Liverpool need a big lift before transfer dealine.:(

Lets get some foooookin players of quality in NOW!!!!!
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:11 pm

I think it is to late
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:51 pm

well we have signed 2 people today but they don't look 1st team material :(

REDS IN DOUBLE SWOOP
Steve Hunter 30 August 2005 
  Liverpool have swooped to bring in two players just before the deadline in the form of Austrian winger Besian Idrizaj and Welsh Under-21 striker Ramon Calliste. 
Idrizaj is 17 and is Austria's current young player of the year, and has signed a two-year deal with the European Champions after recently enjoyed a trial spell at Melwood.

The boyhood Liverpool fan is an attacking midfield and has signed from Linzer ASK in the Austrian league.

Idrizaj is delighted with the move and said: "I have always been a Liverpool fan and it is a dream come true to play for them.

"If you get a chance to go to Liverpool on trial then you have to take it. You cannot ingore a trial with the reigning Champions League winners. I would even have swam across the channel just to take part."

Striker Ramon Calliste, 19, is a Wales Under-21 international and he has signed a one-year deal with Liverpool. He was released by Manchester United at the end of last season and impressed Liverpool during his recent trial spell. Calliste scored for the reserves against Newcastle last week.

Both players are included in the Liverpool Reserve team squad for the match against West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns on Tuesday night.

Last edited by adamnbarrett on Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:56 pm

How many more 17 year olds can we sign !! Should have got Owen - :angry:
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:00 pm

Well...from Goal.com

Liverpool Want Bonera-Parma GM
8/30/2005 2:43:00 PM
Liverpool are attempting a last minute signing of Parma defender Daniele Bonera, announced the Serie A club’s general manager Oreste Cinquini.
“The new owners told me they don’t want to sell Bonera. But Liverpool’s offer has been rising by the minute. If this trend continues, I will have to report back to management, and see what they say,” he said.

Cinquini then confirmed Bonera has requests in Italy as well.

“Inter, and another important Serie A club have asked us about him,” he revealed.

Bonera is a starter on the Italian national team.

Final Attempt To Get A CB...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:28 pm

Bonera is a good player i think. Maybe we can pull off this one? I also believe we have a cheap german defender lined up. So even though time is running out i'm pretty confident about us getting at least one defender (that cheap german bloke)
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion