STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby WelchErag » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:00 pm

What's up Jackson, if you are a new internet user then you have to visit daily this web site and read the updated content at at this place
WelchErag
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:41 pm

Hypnotically speaking, if Gerrard goes to the USA, he could return to the Premier League on loan, like Lampard. 

How would we feel if he lined up in a City shirt, on loan??
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:14 pm

glenbuck patriot » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:36 pm wrote:Been a member on here for a while, I post very little, but always log on to see everyone else's views, have to say today is a SAD day for this Football Club from a purely footballing perspective, to me it ranks amongst the days like the Great Bill Shankly's retirement being announced, Stevie's had a lot of detractors lately especially on this forum, I for one am sorry to see him finally hang up his boots at Anfield, but wish him and his Family all the best for the Future, wherever he decides to ply his trade next. To paraphrase Richard Keyes after the final in Istanbul " You may never see his likes again"

You should post more mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:16 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:41 pm wrote:Hypnotically speaking, if Gerrard goes to the USA, he could return to the Premier League on loan, like Lampard. 

How would we feel if he lined up in a City shirt, on loan??

He's said that won't happen, he said he can't contemplate lining up against Liverpool.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:35 pm

Chris Bascombe - Steven Gerrard will be paraded in the MLS as early as July but #LFC are already considering re-signing him on loan next Jan.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:08 am

Every Liverpool fan will miss Gerrard playing but the game moves on and there are always heroes in the wings.

Don't get carried away with the sentimentality too much as the lads had a fantasy career, a hometown hero treated like a God
and on an incredible salary. We would all give our left nut for 1 day of what he's had over a full career.

In America he will live in palace, a pimped up lifestyle of the rich and famous and a job at Anfield when he's bored of scratching his plums
in a tinpot league, lying on a bed of money every night.

I am not attempting to dismiss his contribution on the field as the lads given his all but crikey its not the end of the world.

We go again  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:38 am

parchpea » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:08 pm wrote:Every Liverpool fan will miss Gerrard playing but the game moves on and there are always heroes in the wings.

Don't get carried away with the sentimentality too much as the lads had a fantasy career, a hometown hero treated like a God
and on an incredible salary. We would all give our left nut for 1 day of what he's had over a full career.

In America he will live in palace, a pimped up lifestyle of the rich and famous and a job at Anfield when he's bored of scratching his plums
in a tinpot league, lying on a bed of money every night.

I am not attempting to dismiss his contribution on the field as the lads given his all but crikey its not the end of the world.

We go again  :buttrock

Sure there will be heroes but it's quite likely we'll never see the like of Gerrard in a red shirt again in our lifetime. And of course it's not the end of the world but considering he's been in the first team for 16 years and captain for 11 its a fairly seismic change in the institution that is Liverpool FC and worth a few pages of reflection I would say.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:15 am

Gerrard in terms of commitment and flexibility, as a leader of men, is the greatest player we have ever had, no question.

The most talented player however was Suarez, so we have seen both in one team, last season was incredible and a shame we didn't have the
defensive qualities to back that up like the old days.

To lose those 2 within a year is a massive hit for the club and its little wonder Rodgers looks bemused lately.

Hope the owners have a trick up their sleeve short of the ground redevelopment as its been one hell of a year and we could do with cheering up.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:33 am

I think Rodgers is behind this and if iam proved right FSG should get rid ASAP
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:44 am

Dundreamin is back » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:33 am wrote:I think Rodgers is behind this and if iam proved right FSG should get rid ASAP

Yes... And Rodgers is behind overcooking your eggs too...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:54 am

Maybe People are shocked to finally hear him say it but not many will be surprised he is going. It was bound to happen either now or in June as he wasn't going to sign the reported deal that was in the media. Imo he has earned more than enough cred to at least keep his current deal for the next 2 years and could have still played a role for us in a reduced capacity.
He won't have any shortage of offers anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:54 am

Maybe People are shocked to finally hear him say it but not many will be surprised he is going. It was bound to happen either now or in June as he wasn't going to sign the reported deal that was in the media. Imo he has earned more than enough cred to at least keep his current deal for the next 2 years and could have still played a role for us in a reduced capacity.
He won't have any shortage of offers anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:27 am

I'm not surprised he's going but am shocked the club are allowing it. Gerrard is unique. It's not like we have the pick of players waiting to come to us. We're in a real mess and I reckon we need Gerrard more than we need Rodgers. Rodgers is replaceable. Gerrard ain't.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:31 pm

I've heard that:

1: SG was offered a very good (high) wage by LFC, however, the wage packet offered was obviously not going to be what he is on currently,
2: I think most fans are aware that he had negotiated previously that he must be the highest paid player at the club. I believe he was happy now (because of his age  amongst other things) for this clause to be dropped,
3:  SG was I believe happy to take a cut in his wage packet, however, the offer  LFC made wasn't near to what he was  expecting I.e. SG wanted a lot more  money then was offered.
4: I believe there was an issue with contracts I.e. SG was hoping for a contract that was longer than was offered, Think he wanted 2 or 3 whilst the offer was for another year or thereabouts.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:47 pm

It's the right time for him to go, just look at some of the pre match comments in the Leicester  thread when the team was announced. He will be 35 in June as well.
All great careers come to an end at some point, that's just a sad fact of football.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion