STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:38 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:26 am wrote:To be fair to Gerrard our midfield was just as impressive against Arsenal, it was just that we shot ourselves in the foot defensively in that game.

Even against Arsenal mate I don't think he was that great. Sure we dominated the game entirely but that was more down to Arsenal deciding to fall back to their box so the likes of Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Sterling and Lucas were having a field day. Gerrard wasn't bad in that game but I don't think he did too much to be honest.

I'm certain that we'll get a more balanced and a steadier midfield without him playing week in week out. I'm not saying that we should bench him for good either. He should be rested for at least every second game to recharge his batteries and be used as an impact sub in other games if need be. That's plenty of game time for a 34 year old and both Stevie and Brendan should know it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:48 am

damjan193 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:38 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:26 am wrote:To be fair to Gerrard our midfield was just as impressive against Arsenal, it was just that we shot ourselves in the foot defensively in that game.

Even against Arsenal mate I don't think he was that great. Sure we dominated the game entirely but that was more down to Arsenal deciding to fall back to their box so the likes of Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Sterling and Lucas were having a field day. Gerrard wasn't bad in that game but I don't think he did too much to be honest.

I'm certain that we'll get a more balanced and a steadier midfield without him playing week in week out. I'm not saying that we should bench him for good either. He should be rested for at least every second game to recharge his batteries and be used as an impact sub in other games if need be. That's plenty of game time for a 34 year old and both Stevie and Brendan should know it.

Can't argue with that
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:06 am

Impressive against Arsenal? Wasn’t it Gerrard who gave a silly freekick away from which they scored their first goal (Sanchez was surrounded by Liverpool players) and wasn’t it Gerrard who gave them possession for their second goal with yet another failed Hollywood pass?

We press better without Gerrard and we move the ball around better without Gerrard with short incisive passes.
Eagle

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:16 am

Eagle » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:06 am wrote:Impressive against Arsenal? Wasn’t it Gerrard who gave a silly freekick away from which they scored their first goal (Sanchez was surrounded by Liverpool players) and wasn’t it Gerrard who gave them possession for their second goal with yet another failed Hollywood pass?

We press better without Gerrard and we move the ball around better without Gerrard with short incisive passes.

Can't argue with that.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Rumours on twitter / rawk that he is going to announce tomorrow that he is leaving...  :S
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Gerrard is a legend. That will never change.

The thing is Rodgers is not a smart enough manager to make things work for Gerrard in LFC at this moment. A better manager would have used Gerrard more as an impact sub or as a support striker.

Rodgers is pi$$ing on gerrard's legacy by constantly playing him in a position which does not play to his strengths. It would be better for Gerrard if he just left this club and go and play in the MLS. He will earn loads of $$$ there. He is wasted here with Rodgers at the helm.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:11 pm

jacdaniel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:43 am wrote:Rumours on twitter / rawk that he is going to announce tomorrow that he is leaving...  :S

Allegedly going to LA Galaxy
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:17 pm

ethanr » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:11 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:43 am wrote:Rumours on twitter / rawk that he is going to announce tomorrow that he is leaving...  :S

Allegedly going to LA Galaxy

Fingers crossed and on another note, whatever he decides good luck to him. he is a hero and a legend but time to step down gracefully
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes  ·  3m 3 minutes ago
Steven Gerrard is set to announce that he will leave Liverpool at the end of this season. MLS is his most likely destination.

:(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 pm

He has given us so much as a player and was the reason why we won the CL in 2005 and the FA Cup in 2007.

From the very highs of lifting us against Milan in 2005 to the very lows of that now infamous "slip"  which handed City the title. He has been the very soul of this club for the last 12 or so years.

Will be a truly sad day when he plays his last game, but the reality is that he has been holding back the club for the last 18 months. :down:
Last edited by eds on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:58 pm

If Gerrard does decide to call time on his Anfield career he will go down as probably the clubs greatest ever player and one of the greatest names in this clubs 120 year history.
It's as simple as that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:06 pm

A footballing phenomenon:

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:15 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/549771/Liverpool-Steven-Gerrard-Exit

Its an irrefutable fact that Gerrard was a dream of a player in his day ,but we've seen so many legends leaving this great club ....Good luck to him in his new
endeavours ,but we as a club need to move on and quickly,less time spent on romanticism / sentimentality and more on our progression as a football team.

Loved watching him as a player ,hated seeing the swift and unforgiving gradient of his decline  :(

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:27 pm

Despite his recent form, he'll always be remembered as a legend, no matter what. All things included, probably the best player I've ever seen playing for us. Definitely my most favorite player and my football idol. Thank you for everything, captain  :bowdown
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:38 pm

He has been along with Carra the backbone of LFC for the last 10 years. Good luck Stevie you have everything for the club. This must be the first time in my life that there's no scouser in the team which frankly scares me
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion