Spurs on saturday - Time to put down a marker

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Sabre wrote:
Great win for the reds, thought we looked good, morientes is starting to  me off. rafa insists on playing him and he never looks promising, cisse and pongolle are much better paired with crouch.

Rafa insists on playing Morientes because he knows more football than you do.

That is actually a VERY good point Sabre.

I could swear some people don't watch the WHOLE game....and when I say WHOLE game, I mean it as in, looking at the bigger picture.

Morientes movement is exceptional....He pulls defenders away which automatically puts others in good positions....His hold up play is excellent and he is such an intelligent footballer.

Some people are very basic in the way they watch football....They see Morientes missing chances and think "he's trash", but don't see the other great things he contributes.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:19 pm

:D
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby red37 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:20 pm

i think morientes is contributing immensely

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby mighty mo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:35 pm

we beat manure and we will be 2 clear of them with 2 games in hand .COME ON!!!! :buttrock
Last edited by mighty mo on Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:37 pm

All hail the red king!!!

The "Top 3". Hah!.  :cool:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:41 pm

Sabre wrote:
Great win for the reds, thought we looked good, morientes is starting to  me off. rafa insists on playing him and he never looks promising, cisse and pongolle are much better paired with crouch.

Rafa insists on playing Morientes because he knows more football than you do. Believe it or not there's a good reason for Kewell having that great volley, there's a good reason for the right back of Tottenham not to be there: Crouch and Morientes -- and a superb cross from finnan, needless to say.

Kewell played a great match, he's surprising me positively, but not because the great volley, because he works hard in defence, he was aware, great match. Few mistakes, and when those happened were in unimportant places of the pitch. Kewell? I've bashed him a bit, but it's about time to say he's getting better and better. *NOW* he deserves the place in the starting eleven, and rightly so.

My MOM: Finnan, Kewell.

Don't wanna moan when we just had a win but this ain't the 1st time i have mentioned that crouch & moro combination just doesn't work.

Though Morientes huffs & puff all over the pitch, he reacts too slow to crouch's knock-downs. We need a striker to play off crouch and moro doesn't fit that role.

He still packs great strikes when he has enuff time on the ball...... (but he is not gonna get a lot of time on the ball in the premiership)
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:42 pm

were winning games and were playing well ,were 1point behind the mange and we have 2 games in hand ,i hope your all enjoying the ride cos i know i am and it's not going to stop despite the people who think they know better than the manager ,just one thing to say to them,come on jump on, this is a thrilling ride and it lasts for ages loads of ups and one or two little dips buy its mostly up and up and up.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:47 pm

Don't wanna moan when we just had a win but this ain't the 1st time i have mentioned that crouch & moro combination just doesn't work.

Doesn't work, as in, we didn't get the 3 points?. That's the point isn't it?.

There's a good reason too for Alonso not being so brilliant (defensively he was, though). Tottenham played a very continental game, with only 1 forward. Mido the ex Celta de Vigo player has quality, Edgard Davis is ordinary player (1) but doesn't give many balls away. They're quite solid. And continental. Espanyol will probably play like that tomorrow in Anoeta, and probably so will do Betis tonight. It's difficult to score against this team, there's few space and midfielders have to be more accurate and there's more errors.

But Rafa won the match in the blackboard. I laugh of those who say we're defensive, we play 2 bloody forwards, and do an excellent work to win the match. We only played with one forward from min 83, when Moro was subbed, which is normal, if you ask me, winning 1-0.

Liverpool is strong. We are CL champions. We win games against teams, that like Tottenhamp can win a point everywhere (though I don't see them very incisive). I see the future red.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:02 pm

Sabre wrote:Doesn't work, as in, we didn't get the 3 points?. That's the point isn't it?.

We got the 3 points...... but if we had a pacier or more mobile striker playing alongside crouch...we could have killed off spurs in the 1st half (that has been our problem this year hasn't it.....failure to kill the game).

Don't get me wrong i think morientes is a quality player... just don't think he fits in well with crouch.

i think crouch & defoe or moro & deffo would be awesome partnership......

Anyway, will stop arguing now. Its time to get drunk and have sex  :p
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:07 pm

Its time to get drunk and have sex 

You must be younger than me. I like both, but in different days. :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:29 pm

Er, I'm not sure about Sabre's point of Morientes' role in Kewell's goal.

Stalteri committed the fatal mistake of moving towards the ball as it was crossed in, and was marking nobody except his own man - Dawson. He left Kewell behind him, so it was his mistake rather than Morientes drawing him to him. It happens the whole time.

Kewell's volley was first class, though.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:47 pm

:down: Sort yer game out before the hairstyle, honestly this is depressing, he looks like that evil gremlin :kungfu:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:11 pm

i got a ticket!!!!!
the 9 year rn of every home epl game was extended.
Whoever you were on Priory rd gettin off a bus thank you!!!
also thank you for charging 31 quid, unlike the scum asking for 200 pounds at The Park pub and other areas.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:12 pm

i got a ticket!!!!!
the 9 year run of every home epl game was extended.
Whoever you were on Priory rd gettin off a bus thank you!!!
also thank you for charging 31 quid, unlike the scum asking for 200 pounds at The Park pub and other areas.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:13 pm

I agree with Sabre about Morientes playing an important part to us in the squad. He's had a few frustrating injuries over the last season, and every time he plays well consistantly he picks them up and prevents him from going further.

Very pleased with todays result.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion