A saturday six - Qs for you to a

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:37 pm

It makes me laugh when I read about how Zenden speaks alot of languages and so is good at helping players to settle in.  I regret not spending more time studying languages in school as i reckon i could have been an ideal replacement for Zenden in the squad.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:14 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:1. For the past couple of years, Rafa has pulled a player from the teams relegated from the premiership and turned their careers around. Crouch was first, then Pennant. Is there anyone that you can see who could fit this profile this time around?

2. What do you believe is the one, most important aspect that we are missing in terms of us becoming a championship contending team?

3. Is there any one player that you are desperate to lose this summer? Do we have a squad member whose exit would be better than him staying?

4. 2 teams finished above us this season, man Utd and Chelsea. Which one player out of their squads combined do you think would improve Liverpool the most, and why?

5. With Alonso signing a new contract, and the prospect of more wingers coming in so that Stevie will probably spend most of next season in the middle, is Sissoko's time up? rafa obviously favors Mascherano as a more complete player and Lucas has arrived in reserve, so is the middle now too crowded for a player that might fetch a sizable amount from teams in Italy and Spain?

6. You have five pounds in your pocket and your in the bookies. Would you put it on Liverpool to win the league, any cup, or both? Or none?

May as well throw in my own 2cents:

1. Darren Bent is probably the only player remotely qualified to step into our squad, but I would never buy him. Remember when Juan Pablo Angel was top goalscorer in the prem? Would you have splashed the cash on him that summer?
But then again, none of us would have picked Crouch or Pennant either. We may have more money this time round (note the use of the word "may"), but Rafa still likes getting a bargain. He's suprised us before, don't rule out a move to resign Djimi Traore!  :laugh: 
(actually, that's nothing to laugh about)

2. Momentum. We need to be a rolling stone this season. Gathering pace throughout the season instead of faltering and crashing around obstacles, we need to go straight through them. We need to win our first game, win our next, and the next and then things should take care of themselves to a necessary degree.

3. Between them, Cisse and Bellamy might fetch enough for a player who can change things.

4. I'd have to say, through gritted teeth, that it's Drogba. He's got the cutting edge that we need. But hopefully Rafa's gonna sort that out this summer.

5. I dunno. I want him to stay because I think he'll be really good pretty soon, but if his leaving means money and Stevie back in the centre, it might be for the better. But i wouldn't like to call it one way or the other.

6. The League.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:43 am

1- no, there are no players in this category that we should look at.
2- a striker who'll score 20+ goals/ season in the league
3- sissoko leaving could be better than him staying. i like him but we have 3 midfielders who are top class and having 4 would upset the team imo
4- strange question. i'd have to go for drogba as he scores and creates plenty of goals and can hold up the ball giving the rest of the team a breather when needed.
5- as per q3
6- a cup
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby garcia123 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:09 am

The Ace1983 wrote:1. For the past couple of years, Rafa has pulled a player from the teams relegated from the premiership and turned their careers around. Crouch was first, then Pennant. Is there anyone that you can see who could fit this profile this time around?

2. What do you believe is the one, most important aspect that we are missing in terms of us becoming a championship contending team?

3. Is there any one player that you are desperate to lose this summer? Do we have a squad member whose exit would be better than him staying?

4. 2 teams finished above us this season, man Utd and Chelsea. Which one player out of their squads combined do you think would improve Liverpool the most, and why?

5. With Alonso signing a new contract, and the prospect of more wingers coming in so that Stevie will probably spend most of next season in the middle, is Sissoko's time up? rafa obviously favors Mascherano as a more complete player and Lucas has arrived in reserve, so is the middle now too crowded for a player that might fetch a sizable amount from teams in Italy and Spain?

6. You have five pounds in your pocket and your in the bookies. Would you put it on Liverpool to win the league, any cup, or both? Or none?

1.bent

2.a top forward

3.kewell
4.drogba and ronaldo
5.yes
6.cup
garcia123

Postby DazH- » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:04 am

1. Bent is the only player I can think of so no

2.Lack of consistency, we need players who will perform week in-week out, season after season

3.Zenden and Gonzalez and it looks like I'll get my wish

4.Rooney or Drogba, can't decide, wouldn't mind both  :D  For obvious reasons,they are their respective teams best players and they both play in a position where we are relatively weak

5.It would make sense selling Sissoko now rather than next summer because I can see his value drop if he spends a season on the bench coz it looks like Stevie will be in the middle more often next season

6.I don't bet on Liverpool because its bad luck for me but I would say one of the cups. I expect a title challenge next season but I think we will have to wait til the season after for number 19
DazH-

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion