So who do you want to replace him ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:58 pm

I have been really busy of late, new house and all the decorating, and I have not been able to give my first love the time she deserves. My bird has been neglected, and I hope she will forgive me, although she should know that I am doing this all for her. You see once I get the decorating finished my wife will be happy with the new home, all sparkling like a pin, and I can give my bird the full undivded attention she deserves. I am of course talking about the Liverbird, but I digress.

Back on topic, and I have been reading an awful lot of late about Liverpool Football Club. In fact, more than I fee lcompletely comfortable with if I am honest.

In twelve months, or little more, the holy grail of the investment that we needed so badly, both for on and off the field expenditures has turned out to be a total farce.

The men who we welcomed with open arms and afforded the freedom of the city of Liverpool and our hearts, Messrs Gilet and Hicks have turned out to be nothing more than greedy liars. They said they would secure all debts against their personal assets - the didnt, they said they would back the manager, they spoke with Klinsmann (I mean fuc.kin Klinssman !) and they promised to back Rafa, we spent less than Sunderland for fuc.ks sake.

Fast forward 5/6 months and the promise of it being on, the hopes and dreams of getting in amongst the title challengers have all but disappeared and the same old cracks seem to appear. Players just are not good enough, selections at times baffle me and our strikers cant hit a coa's @rse with a fu.cking banjo.

So we find ourselves in the realms of the cries for replacement.

So the question is who do you want to replace Mr Benitez ?

Lest we forget he was himself the number one candidate ahead of a list of luminaries from the game that comprised of Alan Curbishley, MArtin O'Neill and, erm no one else. Just how long this list will be this time is anyones guess.

Despite the fact that some noteable names in management can be bandied about, who exactly is there to replace the man. IF you are a Rafa outer then I want to know who you want in. A name is not enough, I need reasoning, I need availability, I need to see proff that he is better than the man in the job now.

If its not freely available, then do we stick with what we have. Gerard houllier, much lambasted in his final year was afforded 5 years to instigate his plan, so should the same luxury not be afforded to our current spanish incumbent ?

I dont know the answers, I wish I did, but I do know that it hurts, like hell, right inside me, to be fighting with fellow reds about all this. (this happened at the game Saturday, but thats another story). I do know it breaks my heart to see players like Gerrard, Carragher, Torres and Reina who are at the absolute pinnacle of their prowess in the footballing sense have to play with inept "players" (and I use that word looser than a prozzies labia) week in week out like Kewell, Crouch, Riise and the like.

As I said earlier, the love of my life is going to back in the forefront of my mind soon enough, and I look forward to the joys she will bring as much as the lows. If yo dont lose to Barnsley in the FA Cup then beating Juventus and Milan simply would not be the same.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:03 am

I dont envy you leon, im decorating also, so is my brother that bloody time of year aint it? Had to do the kids room though, they still got thomas the tank engine wallpaper, there 9 and 11 years old ffs !

Replacement? Well, should rafa go, id like to see something different. Ive mentioned this before but it would really, for me at least, be interesting to see what carra and gerrard can do as joint player managers. They have the experience, they love the club, and know who would benefit the club and who wouldnt. May not work, but then again it may !
Last edited by Kharhaz on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:05 am

Jose Mourinho
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:11 am

Leon add to that managers who would REALISTICALLY take the job.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:13 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Jose Mourinho

why?  and you think he would take the job, or do you just like the coat?
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:13 am

If Rafa goes in the summer my 3 choices would be...

1.Hiddink
2.Pellegrini
3.Mourinho
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:20 am

I think he should see out his contract. This man loves our club and i believe if he gets rid of the dead wood he will deliever he hasnt all of a sudden become a bad manager and there would be a list of top clubs after him if he did go . There is not a nother manager out there at the mo who in my opinion could do any better

I am concentrating on supporting our manager
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:20 am

Harry Redknapp
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:21 am

Rafa is BOSS.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:25 am

Leon id like to ask you a question Who do you think would do a better job
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:27 am

NANNY RED wrote:I think he should see out his contract. This man loves our club and i believe if he gets rid of the dead wood he will deliever he hasnt all of a sudden become a bad manager and there would be a list of top clubs after him if he did go . There is not a nother manager out there at the mo who in my opinion could do any better

Rafa should get at least one more season NANNY, but do you honestly think that he'll be here for next year?  I think that there's no way back for him now, even the fans are turning on him.  Even if he does win the CL, I think he'll still leave and use that to get into another top club.  I just hope that we get a manager who would be willing to stay here for a long time(like Rafa), someone who could build a dynasty and introduce an exciting style of football.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:29 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:I think he should see out his contract. This man loves our club and i believe if he gets rid of the dead wood he will deliever he hasnt all of a sudden become a bad manager and there would be a list of top clubs after him if he did go . There is not a nother manager out there at the mo who in my opinion could do any better

Rafa should get at least one more season NANNY, but do you honestly think that he'll be here for next year?  I think that there's no way back for him now, even the fans are turning on him.  Even if he does win the CL, I think he'll still leave and use that to get into another top club.  I just hope that we get a manager who would be willing to stay here for a long time(like Rafa), someone who could build a dynasty and introduce an exciting style of football.

but should the new man not win the league immediatly he will be hounded out, and have no chance of seeing his plans through to fruition. That is what our fanbase is fast becoming.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby mramo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:30 am

Kenny Dalglish! (well you never know...stranger things have happened especially at Newcastle)
mramo

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:31 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:

Yes i hope so lad. and now this is were i put my tin hat on
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:31 am

Martin Oneill - has settled at villa so not much chance imo but a good manager
Alan Curbishley - Good english manager and does very well where every he goes with what he has and could be tempted!
Jose Morinho - I wouldnt mind, good prem exp and takes all the pressure of the press.
Gus Hiddink - i dont know much about him

but i would love King Kenny - i would love to go back to Pass and move

what do u think and why!?
Raj_Xedos

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion