What about diouf? - Can he replace cisse?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:48 pm

i think kewell's best position is as a second striker so i would advocate playing him there.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:51 pm

Benitez was at the bolton game yesterday watchin him ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:52 pm

I wouldn't touch Diouf if he offered to play for free. Bad news in capital letters, flashing light, neon sign.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:53 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Benitez was at the bolton game yesterday watchin him ???

Seriously?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:55 pm

bigmick wrote:I wouldn't touch Diouf if he offered to play for free. Bad news in capital letters, flashing light, neon sign.

But you would rather we outlay £2.5M on Robert Earnshaw?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:58 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
bigmick wrote:I wouldn't touch Diouf if he offered to play for free. Bad news in capital letters, flashing light, neon sign.

The same Robert Earnchaw that scored a few goals for Cardiff and a couple for Wales yet (so far) looks completely out of his depth at West Brom?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:18 pm

Hey yous lot, don't attack off thread! If your gonna have a pop, come at me where I can see you comin'

:D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:25 am

bring back diouf-- no no no no

patience is required until the fate of cisse is known -- the prudent path would be to play baros a a single striker with kewell or garcia playing behind him-- either would flurish in that capacity and baros may be better as the sole striker anyway
vlady16.1

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:24 pm

vlady16.1 wrote:"patience is required until the fate of cisse is known -- the prudent path would be to play baros a a single striker with kewell or garcia playing behind him-- either would flurish in that capacity and baros may be better as the sole striker anyway"

What? Have you not being following what happened at the weekend? He's out for the season.

This needs addressing NOW. January is two months away. Baros has been injured at least once per season since he joined us, and relying on him to be there for every game is not wise.

Where would injury to Baros leave us? Mellor as lone striker? How about Pongolle? Does anybody really want to rely on Kewell?

Honestly, all this laughter is all well and good, but I have to say that this is a massive concern.

Seeing as though he's already on our books - Diouf would be a prudent solution to see us through to January. The point's been made that players who underachieved under Houllier have flourished under Benitez. Who's to say that Diouf or Le Tallec couldn't do the same?

Oh, and those who have moaned about some of Diouf's comments in the past - I take it we'll just overlook Baros' comments seeing as though he's playing well, yeah?
ivor_the_injun

Postby taff » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:29 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

The same Robert Earnchaw that scored a few goals for Cardiff and a couple for Wales yet (so far) looks completely out of his depth at West Brom?

I do agree kind of but JBG bet this guy starts banging enm in, I dont know how to be honest but he does.

It saddens me sometimes that there is no opinion at all of anyone outside the high brackets, we all underestimate the lower leagues.

West Brom play a defensive pattern and he's only just joined.  I still dont rate him but have a feeling he weill bang em in cos he is a out and out natural goalscorer
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:44 pm

It is bizarre how some people who are willing to give Kewell a season and a half to "bed in" at LFC think nothing of writing off players like Earnshaw who hasn't set the world on fire in - what - 4 games for West Brom?

And I bet when he does start firing, he'll be written off on this board as a flash in the pan.
ivor_the_injun

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:47 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:What? Have you not being following what happened at the weekend? He's out for the season.

This needs addressing NOW. January is two months away. Baros has been injured at least once per season since he joined us, and relying on him to be there for every game is not wise.

Where would injury to Baros leave us? Mellor as lone striker? How about Pongolle? Does anybody really want to rely on Kewell?

Honestly, all this laughter is all well and good, but I have to say that this is a massive concern.

Seeing as though he's already on our books - Diouf would be a prudent solution to see us through to January. The point's been made that players who underachieved under Houllier have flourished under Benitez. Who's to say that Diouf or Le Tallec couldn't do the same?

Oh, and those who have moaned about some of Diouf's comments in the past - I take it we'll just overlook Baros' comments seeing as though he's playing well, yeah?

Agree with that ivor.The biggest surprise for me has been the players who are performing better this season.Diouf was a 10million player who woefully underperformed with the previous manager.Id be fascinated to see what Mr Benitez could do with him until christmas.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:36 pm

I must say that I am a bit surprised by the negative response to my post. If this is the general attitude of the supporters towards Diouf, it is very disappointing. I know he was a very expensive player, and that he has not delivered the goods so far. But that goes for 80% of Houllier's purchases. Diouf is a very skilled player, no doubt. Just remember the way he terrorised Silvestre last year. What is missing with his game is some brains, a little bit of determination and self confidence. Also, Houllier never played Diouf in his natural position. He is not a midfielder, he is a striker. By witnessing the marked improvement by some of our players this term, I believe Benitez can get a lot more out of Diouf as well. If Diouf works hard and proves himself in Bolton over the next few months, I can see nothing wrong in taking him back and giving him a second chance. It is stupid to write him off at this stage. Many talented players have been written off in some clubs , only to reappear in another club as a fine player. Morientes for Monaco last year, Vieira and Henry for Arsenal, Riquelme for Villareal, and the list goes on and on.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:13 pm

Diouf, would make a good mate for Stan Collymore.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:19 pm

i think alot of people on here simply dont like Diouff, simple as that. hes a player who never showed commitment to the club or a desire to try.
On the other hand, he is a class player and would be interesting to see what Beni could do with him
2 sides to every coin
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion