If gerrard goes, who would you buy to replace him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jimmyb » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:32 pm

Scott parker and Damien duff are the only chelsea players worth having,both are british and have excellent energy ,But Edgar davids rescued Barca last year and hes on a free, big wages but a great player who drives his teams forward
jimmyb

Postby daddyo » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:48 am

gerrard_steven wrote:ive not heard any1 on here talk bout rosicky he is quality hes obviously not as good as gerard (come on who is) but hes very very good n a decent age hes got the potetnial to be a legend at anfield. Also bring on vicente n ayala n aimar

Just posted on another topic re: Rosicky. Agree with you he,s quality and DEFINATELY worth a look
daddyo

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:09 pm

Gerrard is quality no doubt but we could find someone to fill his position even if not his boots.  Pavel Nedved, Edgar Davids, Michael Ballack, Ronhaldino, Francessco Totti (those two are playmaker strikers I'll grant but nonetheless) and Zinedine Zidane would all be able to fill his boots as well as role and if we got 50million+ we could afford Zidane, Totti or Ronhaldino or any combination of Ballack, Nedved and Davids.

If we go for a cash+player then I'd demand either Duff, Cole, Parker or Makelele (I can't see him playing first team football for them once Deco arrives as Mr Abromovich isn't really into defensive players, regardless of what Mourinho may want) as well as around 40 million.  With that we could probably still get a combination of Ballack, Nedved, and Davids but we wouldn't have any cash left over most likely.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby simic_ie » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:59 pm

I think if possible (and assuming Stevie is going) we should get around 25 mil + Duff/Parker. This imo opinion is greater than Stevie's present worth because we would be getting a top class player in the deal with enough money for aother two.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:09 pm

i still recon this young german Schweinsteiger looks good and should be a contender along with Sebastian Deisler could be worth looking at they are cheap as well which would allow beenie to strenghten in other areas as well.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:12 pm

blind wrote:i still recon this young german Schweinsteiger looks good and should be a contender along with Sebastian Deisler could be worth looking at they are cheap as well which would allow beenie to strenghten in other areas as well.

[/quote]

BLIND? HMMMMM. :D  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:23 pm

Isn't Diesler in a clinic for depression or something like that? i heard he did a complete Collywobble. No thanks.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:56 pm

I also heard that.

There was a story that he was a paranoid schizo and had accused Bayern of sending spies after him and his mates.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby banana » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:06 pm

Gravesen. A complete midfielder.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby nosher » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:45 pm

stevie g is going nowhere, ive heard from someone in huyton who knows the gerrard family, that stevie really was planning on joining chelsea, all his mates where telling him he would be mad not to turn that type of money down. Now Stevie is not so sure and he has told certain family and friends that he may give the reds another year and see what benitez does!
nosher

Postby blind » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:36 pm

hope they are right as he does need to give benny some time to show what he can do.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:40 pm

well i really hope he dont go.
a player like gerrard comes round once every blue moon
if the worst came to the worst and he did go.
we would get by like we have always done when players leave
But replace him, dosent matter who we got, they wouldnt come near to his talent.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:41 pm

If Gerrard insists on going to Chelsea, I would insist we get Parker, Gallas and 10-15Mil.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:00 pm

Latest rumour is StevieG for Duff + Cole + Parker + £20M. (plugged off Liverpoolfc.tv)

I hoped that is true as me think that will make our midfield more complete and balanced. Parker could turn out to be a good Gerrard's replacement. At least it is better than Gerrard + 3 dummies in midfield last season (no offence to Kewell as he is still settling in...and should be back to his oldself soon :;): )
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby macca7 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:28 pm

The only player who can replace him is michael ballack...

But it would be so much better if we could see them play together!

Well probably we will....at chelsea!
macca7

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion