So who do you want to replace him ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Raj_Xedos » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:09 am

redtrader74 wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Jose Mourinho

why?  and you think he would take the job, or do you just like the coat?

1- Because he knows how to win a Premiership.
2- If the right offer was made, yes.
3- I prefer a half length coat myself.

Right offer....we have, relatively, very little money, teams like Newcastle, Spurs and WestHam will outspend us, and will be able to offer more to possible targets. He was at the top spending Club in Portugal, and also in England. Come to Liverpool? Not a chance IMO.

Experience and quality he has, and he could do a job, but the reality is that the post, especially with G&H incharge, (People who evidently wouldn't stand for any of Mourinhos nonsense) is unlikely to tempt him IMO. Not when its just as concievable that AC Milan and Barcelona will probably be chasing him.

mourhino has always admired us, he was gonna come to us before romans millions got the better of him and when he was linked with us after he quit chavs, he has never denied it.

he's a red and i for one hope he gets here quick if the situation with rafa doesnt improve.

I'd wait atleast till the end of the season, we owe rafa that much atleast.
Raj_Xedos

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:11 am

Impatient?

I've been waiting 18 years for another league title, how more patient can I be? Wait another 50 years?

Our fans have been ready patient with Benitez. He was us up in the league from day one. He never gave a about the league and now because people finally lose it with him, everyone else jumps on the bandwagon and talks about how great he is. It's been a very patient ride under Benitez, but now the fans have finally accepted that the he produces week in week out isn't up to standard. Also if you notice it, many players are taking a similar bollocking off the fans. This criticism is justified and rightfully done. It's not like we're slagging him off for the sake of it, we're slagging him off for what he's put us through. He along with other factors have brought this club to be a total laughing stock. I'm a proud fan of this club, not unloyal, not impatient, but proud and my club being laughed at, is nothing to be proud of.

So YOU have been waiting 18 years, and thats rafas fault? There is no doubt he has made the most baffling decisions made of all the previous managers, but there is the fact in europe, LFC are a force to be reckoned with. Better to be a force somewhere than nowhere right? This seasons start was the best we have had in years but for one reason or another it has gone pear shaped. How many games have we played this season, created chances and all of us just bloody wish someone, aside from Torres and Gerrard can bloody score a goal? Bena-vowel-noun not included !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:13 am

Right offer....we have, relatively, very little money, teams like Newcastle, Spurs and WestHam will outspend us, and will be able to offer more to possible targets.

Yet Newcastle are constantly struggling, West Ham are a mid table team, and Spurs are erratic. We consistently perform better than they do. It isn't necessarily about how much money is spent, but HOW it is spent, and how the manager moulds the team afterwards and motivates them and gets them playing the most effective tactics.

He was at the top spending Club in Portugal, and also in England. Come to Liverpool? Not a chance IMO.

He was interested in coming to Liverpool before Chelsea got him. Maybe if Parry had played it right, he could have got Jose.

Experience and quality he has, and he could do a job, but the reality is that the post, especially with G&H incharge, (People who evidently wouldn't stand for any of Mourinhos nonsense) is unlikely to tempt him IMO. Not when its just as concievable that AC Milan and Barcelona will probably be chasing him.

If we don't try to get him, then we won't be able to tempt him. But we should try. He's available and capable. We are pinning our hopes on the Champions League again, winning it and qualifying for next seasons tournament. At the moment I have little confidence either will occur.

If we lose to Inter over the two legs, it's time for Rafa to go, and Mourinho to arrive.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:15 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Impatient?

I've been waiting 18 years for another league title, how more patient can I be? Wait another 50 years?

Our fans have been ready patient with Benitez. He was us up in the league from day one. He never gave a about the league and now because people finally lose it with him, everyone else jumps on the bandwagon and talks about how great he is. It's been a very patient ride under Benitez, but now the fans have finally accepted that the he produces week in week out isn't up to standard. Also if you notice it, many players are taking a similar bollocking off the fans. This criticism is justified and rightfully done. It's not like we're slagging him off for the sake of it, we're slagging him off for what he's put us through. He along with other factors have brought this club to be a total laughing stock. I'm a proud fan of this club, not unloyal, not impatient, but proud and my club being laughed at, is nothing to be proud of.

So YOU have been waiting 18 years, and thats rafas fault? There is no doubt he has made the most baffling decisions made of all the previous managers, but there is the fact in europe, LFC are a force to be reckoned with. Better to be a force somewhere than nowhere right? This seasons start was the best we have had in years but for one reason or another it has gone pear shaped. How many games have we played this season, created chances and all of us just bloody wish someone, aside from Torres and Gerrard can bloody score a goal? Bena-vowel-noun not included !

Where have I blamed Benitez for the last 18 years? If you even thought I did, then you need serious help mate.

Next whoopty do we're a force in Europe. We always have been and always will be. What just because we didn't win anything until from 84 to 2001 means we're no marks in Europe? We didn't win the FA Cup between 74 and 86, so in those twelve years was everyone happy to play Liverpool in the FA Cup?

Plus I've been waiting 18 long years for A LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP. Not a european trophy, a league title. We are no closer to winning that, so again how more patient can I be?
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby AlexDelPiero » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:20 am

I propose an exchange....Benitez for tinkerman Ranieri :D
AlexDelPiero

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:21 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Amazing.

People's minds change more often than the local slapper's knickers round here.

Mourinho, eh?

I dare say that not a single person on this board never looked at Mourinho when he was at Chelsea and before or after we played them in the league and CL and never thought of him as nothing but a complete w@nker. Made jokes about him. Thought of him as inferior to our own Mr Benitez.

And now look.

How stuck up a comment is that?

Our local slapper doesnt wear knickers !  :D

Our slappers must be of a higher class, then! :D
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:22 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:
Right offer....we have, relatively, very little money, teams like Newcastle, Spurs and WestHam will outspend us, and will be able to offer more to possible targets.

Yet Newcastle are constantly struggling, West Ham are a mid table team, and Spurs are erratic. We consistently perform better than they do. It's isn't necessarily about how much money is spent, but HOW it is spent.

He was at the top spending Club in Portugal, and also in England. Come to Liverpool? Not a chance IMO.

He was interested in coming to Liverpool before Chelsea got him. Maybe if Parry had played it right, he could have got Jose.

If we don't try to get him, then we won't be able to tempt him. But we should try. He's available and capable. We are pinning our hopes on the Champions League again, winning it and qualifying for next seasons tournament. At the moment I have little confidence either will occur.

If we lose to Inter over the two legs, it's time for Rafa to go, and Mourinho to arrive.

Whether or not he would have, could have etc etc. is really unknown and irrelevant, times have moved on, his stock and profile has risen massively since then. A lot of you talk as though he is waiting in the wings ready to take over, think again, if there was any chance do you think that G&H would have waved a contract under Klinsmanns nose?  :idea

The money issue was in regard to those Clubs now stepping onto our level, and therefore competing with us directly for signings, the point being do you think he is willing to slum it with us in terms of spending, and slug it out for signatures with Spurs? I don't think so. The truth is to come to LFC is a step back for him in some ways (i am not happy writing that) and IMO Clubs such as Milan and Barca will be far more appealing to him.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 am

I find it hard to accept those proposing Mourinho in such a forthtight manner. He's a good manager, no question, and he's probably the only manager anyone can reasonably justify to replace Rafa, but this is the guy I've stood on the KOP and told to f*ck off, and not in a pleasant way.

He is in many ways, an annoying little bas.tard.
LFC2007

Postby TwelthMan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:27 am

King Kenny? Only if he can bring in a proper defensive coach and scout as i feel it was King Kenny himself who partly began our great demise with a complete disregard of our defense leading to such horsecrap as Hooper, Ablett, Tanner et al.

Ideally I would just have Rafa have some fookin sense knocked into his head - just pick our best team and get them to attack more - doh it's not rocket science!

Otherwise Mourinho would be a fun ride if nothing else - and if it is him then just focus on how he loved to get one over fergie :D
TwelthMan

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:31 am

Where have I blamed Benitez for the last 18 years? If you even thought I did, then you need serious help mate.

He was us up in the league from day one. He never gave a about the league and now because people finally lose it with him, everyone else jumps on the bandwagon and talks about how great he is. It's been a very patient ride under Benitez, but now the fans have finally accepted that the he produces week in week out isn't up to standard.

Your words, like I said, best start for years this season.

Next whoopty do we're a force in Europe. We always have been and always will be. What just because we didn't win anything until from 84 to 2001 means we're no marks in Europe?

Is that 17 years without a trophy in europe? 1 short of the league? No we havent always been a force, we have a good record, but not always been a force.

Plus I've been waiting 18 long years for A LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP. Not a european trophy, a league title. We are no closer to winning that, so again how more patient can I be?

Your not the only one, we have been waiting awhile but to blame benitez solely is just blind. The players are paid to do a job and they are not doing the basics. How many times have we sat and watched while a simple 1 yard pass is misplaced, like I said, you cant blame rafa for that.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:35 am

If Mourinho ever gets appointed as manager of LFC, that'll go down as the day the soul of our club keels over.

When you think about all our club's been through over the years, everything we've been through with G&H over the last 12 months, we've still been able to hold our heads up, point to our man in the dugout knowing that he has the history and the passion of the club in his heart.

Bring Maureen in and you get a gobsh*te that's only happy when the cheques are blank and the cameras and microphones are all on him. That'll genuinely the day we sell our club's soul out.
ivor_the_injun

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:39 am

Best start...........so what........there's 38 games in a season doesn't matter where you are after 15 games or so, it's where you are after 38.

Yes it is 17 years, we were desperate for success in Europe, like we're desperate for success in every game. But we were always a force. Nobody want to play Liverpool at any stage of Europe. And if we weren't a force in the 90s, it's down to Houllier's winning of the UEFA Cup that made us a force again (not that it ever went away) Benitez guiding us to our fifth European Cup is a great achievement, but to think he put Liverpool on the map is stupidity.

Well then if a player can't pass the ball, why he is on the pitch? Doesn't Benitez pick the side? Doesn't he have subs to change the outcome of a game? Isn't it his tactics? I blame players as often as I can, but still it comes down to Benitez. I'm not blaming him solely, but he takes the brunt of the blame because it's mainly his fault.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:41 am

Being a force in the UCL and being a force in the UEFA cup are two different levels of achievement - the former being significantly harder to achieve.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:43 am

Well then if a player can't pass the ball, why he is on the pitch? Doesn't Benitez pick the side? Doesn't he have subs to change the outcome of a game? Isn't it his tactics? I blame players as often as I can, but still it comes down to Benitez. I'm not blaming him solely, but he takes the brunt of the blame because it's mainly his fault.

HOW? how is it his fault? did he make the mistake of signing professional football players who can at least do the basics? How? How is that rafas fault?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:47 am

So Houllier winning our first European trophy for nearly two decades was easier than Benitez winning our first European trophy for nearly 5 years?

There isn't a great deal of difference between the two. Houllier's achievement shouldn't be knocked down just to make Benitez' look better. Houllier's victory in the UEFA Cup is just as important as anything else this club have achieved in Europe. The UEFA Cup is the platform for the European Cup. If you don't believe me, look at this:

Liverpool win the UEFA Cup in 73, four years later win the European Cup in 77
Liverpool win the UEFA Cup in 01, four years later win the European Cup in 05
god_bless_john_houlding

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion