Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 pm

I had my doubts about Crouch initially, but I think he was a success in his time with LFC.

He scored 42 goals in 150 appearances, including blinding overhead kicks against the Turks and Bolton.

He played well despite the constant harrassment from the crowd.

Good luck Crouchie!
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I am very dissapointed of the sale.
Not because I think Crouch is a world beater but because
he was our 2nd best striker by far. He scored regurlarly when he got the chance, and noone besides Torres did that for us.

So now we have "No skill" and "Even Less skill" as our hope when Torres is injured and needs rest.
I can live with most of Rafa's stubborness but his love for Kuyt is making me furious.
He can go 20 league games in a row, beeing totally awful, while the better striker Crouch, who scored more goals than kuyt the previous season", has to watch from the bench no matter how pisspoor Kuyt is.

Then when even Rafa realized Kuyt can't score in a brothel as a striker does he let Crouch get a chance??

NOO, instead he changes everything around so his darling Kuyt,the lethal striker, can somehow fit into the team as an extra right back/midfielder or whatever.

Now the pressure is on Rafa to get a new striker or we are screwed. And no, Torres and Kuyt won't work, unless scoring no goals count as a success.

Very dissapointed in how Rafa treated Crouch no matter how well he did, but let Kuyt play game after game leaving Crouch to rot on the bench, no matter how ***** Kuyt was. :veryangry
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby rafa09 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Bye fella if abby don,t want to go she can stay with me :devil: you and riises best game was v MANGE fa cup 06 your best goal an riises best ever tacklle with his right foot on alan smith :D
rafa09

Postby MontyPanesarFC » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:14 pm

Selling Crouch but keeping Voronin...says alot for our ambitions.
Success is spelt Liverpool Football Club
MontyPanesarFC

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:39 pm

Bugger, forgot about Voronin... Shame.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:46 pm

We should put a 15M price tag on Voronin.

That's 15M in Zimbabwe currency

Worth about £3.48.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glambertino » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:59 pm

i'm disappointed too that Crouch will be leaving.  The only positive I see is if it needs to happen to fund a new striker, hopefully a quality goalscorer, neither a 'workhorse' or a 'freebie'
glambertino

Postby sgs » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:34 am

bigmick wrote:Good luck to the fella. There has been a bit of protracted debate about whether or not he's any good. Barring injuries, putting my neck on nthe line I'm going for 15 league goals for Pompey next season. I know it's early and all that but I think they're buying a good player.

I should also say that I think it's entirely sensible that we sell him, and that given the fact we've allowed his contract to run down 8Mill with add ons is a decent fee. I didn't have a problem with us "advertising" the fact he was up for sale (that much was obvious given the fact that he only had a year to go and we never played him), my problem was with the initial fee on his head of 15 million quid. Quite clearly we would never have got that in a million years, but thankfully everyone has seen sense in the end.

Anyway I'll say it again so I can be quoted if he bombs out. 15 league goals for Pompey next season, and I won't even include penalties either.

Crouch is'nt worth 15M yet Bent is worth what- 12-13m....

Why are Liverpool players being underpriced and others made to be worth the high valuation?
Last edited by sgs on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:48 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:We should put a 15M price tag on Voronin.

Worth about £3.48.

:D  :laugh: the latest in a long line of Manhatten crackers.

In response to sgs's point, I think the relative transfer value of the two players is probably more to do with the amount of contract left to run than it is an accurate guage of the two players true worth.

That said, I remain convinced that Darren Bent is a very good player indeed and would be more than happy if we bought him as Crouch's replacement. In truth, he would be far more suited to playing up top alone in a 4-5-1 than his clubmate who we are reportedly pursuing, and as such could arguably be a better bet as a second striker/Torres back up.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:17 am

bigmick wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:We should put a 15M price tag on Voronin.

Worth about £3.48.

:D  :laugh: the latest in a long line of Manhatten crackers.

In response to sgs's point, I think the relative transfer value of the two players is probably more to do with the amount of contract left to run than it is an accurate guage of the two players true worth.

That said, I remain convinced that Darren Bent is a very good player indeed and would be more than happy if we bought him as Crouch's replacement. In truth, he would be far more suited to playing up top alone in a 4-5-1 than his clubmate who we are reportedly pursuing, and as such could arguably be a better bet as a second striker/Torres back up.

Darren Bent on a good day reminds me of Eto, pacey, direct, likes a shot and most of the time hits the target. Good player.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:44 am

sgs wrote:
bigmick wrote:Good luck to the fella. There has been a bit of protracted debate about whether or not he's any good. Barring injuries, putting my neck on nthe line I'm going for 15 league goals for Pompey next season. I know it's early and all that but I think they're buying a good player.

I should also say that I think it's entirely sensible that we sell him, and that given the fact we've allowed his contract to run down 8Mill with add ons is a decent fee. I didn't have a problem with us "advertising" the fact he was up for sale (that much was obvious given the fact that he only had a year to go and we never played him), my problem was with the initial fee on his head of 15 million quid. Quite clearly we would never have got that in a million years, but thankfully everyone has seen sense in the end.

Anyway I'll say it again so I can be quoted if he bombs out. 15 league goals for Pompey next season, and I won't even include penalties either.

Why are Liverpool players being underpriced and others made to be worth the high valuation?

Because we don't win a damned thing
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:14 am

SundanceKid wrote:
sgs wrote:

Because we don't win a damned thing

and because Crouch only has a year left on his contract...

£11m or what ever it isis a lot of money for someone with only 1 year left on their contract who'd in all honesty leave the following year anyway.

Look at the fat frank situation as well. £6m or £7m (touted) for someone who 2 seasons ago would have gone for treble that (whether we think he's worth it or not!)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:13 am

Good luck Peter...useful player at best and will suit Pompey very well.
club_Levis

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:30 am

Ok so name your top 3 Peter Crouch goals.

For me:

1) Overhead kick vs Galatassaray
2) Goal away vs West Ham (0-2)
3) Header at home to Arsenal (4-1)
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Moop123 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:34 am

So once he has gone (I will be sad to see him go as I think he is a good plyer and has done well -although he doesnt fit with how we have been playing recently) who do we think that will replace him!  I cannot see us not getting a replacement!  Torres cant do it all on his own!!!!
Moop123

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion