Pay Me Back - Peter Crouch Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AB's Red Army » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:22 pm

Interesting article on Peter Crouch and Rafa. I talked to someone about the relationship between the two a couple of days ago. It has changed noticeably imo. Crouch used to be a humble down to earth lad and he worked his socks off every time he's on the pitch. Many were against him and Rafa stood for him.

However since his recent success I think that it's gone to his head and he's asking for trouble imo. And I've heard that the club aren't big fans of his bird, who is a bit of a cocaine sniffing slapper. They believe that she's a terrible influence on him.

Anyway here's the article, personally imo his performance today didn't help him and he'll be off I reckon in January or next summer:

Rafa Benitez adopted a hardline stance yesterday over Peter Crouch's growing unrest at Anfield and insisted the disgruntled Liverpool striker owes him a debt of loyalty.

Crouch has little intention of accepting the offer of a new five-year contract after becoming disillusioned with a lack of opportunities this season and is ready to explore the possibility of a move abroad in January

But there was little sympathy for his plight from Benitez as the Liverpool manager urged his £7million signing from Southampton to remember the early days of his Anfield career, when a marathon wait for his first goal brought growing criticism.

Benitez stood by him throughout and clearly feels payback time has arrived as Crouch struggles to cope with being behind Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt.

"People were always talking about him not scoring, but I always supported him," said Benitez.

"Thanks to Liverpool, Peter is playing more games for his country and gaining more experience at that level.

"He has worked hard, played well and scored goals over the past few seasons and I expect more of the same.

"He is a better player now because he has been with a top side like Liverpool, but the other side of the coin is that the other strikers are also good.

"I think he understands that he must fight for his position. There is no need to explain anything. He knows we should play about 60 games this season and that he will have his chances." Portsmouth, today's opponents, had a £9m bid for Crouch, 26, turned down in the final week of last January's transfer window and are bound to monitor any change of policy at Anfield.

- Daily Mail
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby The Grudge » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:30 pm

Fair enough on Crouchy ...he does owe the club a bit.Raffa stood by him in his tough start but in fairness and irrespective of his ability the big man tries and gives his all every time he gets a chance!

As for the cocaine sniffing slapper,i doubt there are any grounds on that,than Urban myth and tabloid hear say!
Anyway if she was snorting coke of me id be a very happy man! :D

But hey i dont play for LFC!
The Grudge

Postby AB's Red Army » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:22 am

The Grudge wrote:Fair enough on Crouchy ...he does owe the club a bit.Raffa stood by him in his tough start but in fairness and irrespective of his ability the big man tries and gives his all every time he gets a chance!

As for the cocaine sniffing slapper,i doubt there are any grounds on that,than Urban myth and tabloid hear say!
Anyway if she was snorting coke of me id be a very happy man! :D

But hey i dont play for LFC!

I believe there were photos of her doing it in the tabloids. Can't recall exactly
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:01 am

I reckon at least 80% of the footballers "WAGs" are money grabbing cocaine snorting slappers. Crouchy's bird just got caught out.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:34 pm

I dont care what anyone says.  Hes got to go!!!!

If we can get anywhere near 10 million id be well happy. 

Im I on me own here?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:41 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Im I on me own here?

i'm afriad so
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:42 pm

mate last season i would have f*cked you off for saying that, but this season (and bear in mind he hasnt really been given much game time this season) i would agree with you. yesterday he stank but at the same time he didnt get any service, the other game he started in europe he scored.

maybe its time for him to go but obviously that isnt going to happen until january giving him time to turn it round.

if kuyt doesnt find his scoring boots he can go as well
112-1077774096

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:46 pm

peewee wrote:mate last season i would have f*cked you off for saying that, but this season (and bear in mind he hasnt really been given much game time this season) i would agree with you. yesterday he stank but at the same time he didnt get any service, the other game he started in europe he scored.

maybe its time for him to go but obviously that isnt going to happen until january giving him time to turn it round.

if kuyt doesnt find his scoring boots he can go as well

The thing with Kuyt though mate he defends from the front like Rushie did.  As a matter of fact all our other attackers do expcet Crouch really.   Hes to slow for me Crouch his heading is shoocking.  Dont get me wrong hes a decent player, but hes not for us.  We need pace up front, fact.  He aint got it. 

Get rid in January, i only hope he gets a few odd goals here and there so his price tag dosnt go down.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:47 pm

I think we woulda bitten newcastles hands off if there'd made an offer for him!
think he'll go in january (juventus?) and it would be best for him as he has to play all the time i reckon and best for the club as hes not adding anything to us this season.

kuyts a different kettle of fish, he will run 90 mins every game,a dn unlike crouch kuyt can actually run
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:50 pm

the thing is it's not only about service... the way he plays he stagnates the flow... he's not quick enough or skillful enough to play a fast flowing technical game that we can play with torres and kuyt...

he's just not good enough... I'd sell him too...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:59 pm

last season he was our top scorer and thats probably based on the way we played last season, this season we are set up different and thats why he isn't getting games to be fair. and if our style of play doesn't suit him now then there is no real option but to get rid, we saw yesterday how the style changes when he is on the pitch
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:00 pm

I have to disagree, I consider a Crouch a good professional and a good striker. Now it seems that he has to score every game to keep a place in the team, as if... as if we had paid for him 25M!

He was our best striker yesteryear, I like what he provides, and needless to say he won't score every game. No striker does that. Torres neither. And Torres will also have games in a row without scoring, no matter his start has been very good.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:07 pm

Sabre wrote:I have to disagree, I consider a Crouch a good professional and a good striker. Now it seems that he has to score every game to keep a place in the team, as if... as if we had paid for him 25M!

He was our best striker yesteryear, I like what he provides, and needless to say he won't score every game. No striker does that. Torres neither. And Torres will also have games in a row without scoring, no matter his start has been very good.

No sh it sherlock!!!!!!!!   NO striker in the world scores every game.  Well done for stating the obvious.

Other than scoring goals what else does Crouch bring to the table?  Bugger all.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:13 pm

Yes, what I said was elemental , and obvious. I wish I wouldn't have to remind obvious things when people is asking that Crouch has to go, and it's been proven that you need more than two strikers in a top squad.

It's fair to say you think that we create more danger with Torres. It's fair to say you think Crouch shouldn't be a priority option upfront if we had to play a final. But isn't a bit way too harsh to ask he has to go?

About what Crouch does when he doesn't score, touch countless of balls with the head so that other team mates pick it, give slight touches to the ball so that Voronin for instance had a glorious chance, and be a pain of the :censored: to his marker. He does more than nothing.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:17 pm

i dont like crouch's attitude. he seems to have an ego problem. he used to be so modest and all but since this season he has been getting on my nerves with all those tiny little digs at why he isnt starting during his interviews. and i hate it whenever he gives such a fecked up reaction when taken off. even when Fowler was brought on during the Birmingham game when he made his 2nd debut, crouch wasnt happy. like wtf man!
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion