Pay Me Back - Peter Crouch Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:09 pm

dawson99 wrote:i didnt think the offer applied in january for the owen mark down, only available in the summer transfer

You are right Dawson, but from what I heard, Big Sam is willing to sell now(Christmas anyway).

BTW I wasn't trying to turn this into a Owen thread, I was trying to make the point that if Liverpool are enquiring about other strikers then they must be contemplating Crouch leaving, as I can't see them letting any of the other three strikers go?
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby heimdall » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:24 pm

Why do we need to buy to replace Crouch, surely we can find some surly youngster in the reserves with no heading ability, and an excellent ability to give away the ball to come in for him!!
Seriously though there must be some up and coming lads, why do we need to buy all the time, in that case what is the bloody point of having an academy???
heimdall

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:53 pm

heimdall wrote:Why do we need to buy to replace Crouch, surely we can find some surly youngster in the reserves with no heading ability, and an excellent ability to give away the ball to come in for him!!
Seriously though there must be some up and coming lads, why do we need to buy all the time, in that case what is the bloody point of having an academy???

exactly. we have linfield, jordy brouwer, el zhar and the hungarians and so many others.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:57 pm

s@int wrote:
dawson99 wrote:i didnt think the offer applied in january for the owen mark down, only available in the summer transfer

You are right Dawson, but from what I heard, Big Sam is willing to sell now(Christmas anyway).

BTW I wasn't trying to turn this into a Owen thread, I was trying to make the point that if Liverpool are enquiring about other strikers then they must be contemplating Crouch leaving, as I can't see them letting any of the other three strikers go?

Where did you hear that Saint ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:05 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
s@int wrote:

Off one of my mates Ace,  Big Sam wants to sell one of either Owen or Martins, to buy another player.

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:08 pm

s@int wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
s@int wrote:

Off one of my mates Ace,  Big Sam wants to sell one of either Owen or Martins, to buy another player.

About the 8 clubs interested including ourselves ?

I cant see that to be honest.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:27 pm

Same source mate, he said that 8 clubs had enquired but some were from abroad, not sure now if he meant for either player or just Owen, but I got the impression he was only meaning Owen.

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:43 pm

s@int wrote:Same source mate, he said that 8 clubs had enquired but some were from abroad, not sure now if he meant for either player or just Owen, but I got the impression he was only meaning Owen.

Ok mate, i would be very surprised if we were interested in Owen to be honest.
Based on his injury record, current wages the fact that he snubbed us TWICE and also the fact that he wouldnt a) suit being rotated b) accept it as it would harm his England chances.

Not likely imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:45 pm

and we all know sam wants to buy crouch so could work out  :idea
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:54 pm

I didn't really want to get so involved in this but the player mentioned in the p/x ACCORDING TO MY MATE (so don't blame me) was Sissoko.

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion