Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:25 pm

10M is fine.

Or 5M plus Defoe
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:09 pm

little dirky played excellent today - wat a guy :)
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby RedRoots » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:00 am

Yep Kuyt was excellent tonight, if he could do that consistently for us week in week out i'd be more than happy with him at right wing.
RedRoots

Postby Torres25 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:50 pm

Glad the board have dropped Crouchs value 2 10mill its the only thing theyve done right, i think Rafa was bein stubborn with the 15 mill value

hope it doesnt led 2 more fighting back stage though
Torres25

Postby Owzat » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:15 pm

I've heard plenty about other moves but not much about potential buyers for Crouch since the £8m bid (?) by 'arry. We got three years out of him and he cost less than £8m, considering he's dropped down the pecking order I think most we'll get is £10m and two choices - sell now for a firm offer of £8m or hold on for a £10m bid that may never come
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Owzat wrote:considering he's dropped down the pecking order I think most we'll get is £10m and two choices - sell now for a firm offer of £8m or hold on for a £10m bid that may never come

You forgot about choice number three. Allow his contract to run down to only one year remaining, don't play him for a season and in so doing demonstrate to everyone involved (including the player himself) that he is surplus to requirements, and then slap a 15 million price tag on his head. That'll work  :eyebrow
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:47 pm

bigmick wrote:
Owzat wrote:considering he's dropped down the pecking order I think most we'll get is £10m and two choices - sell now for a firm offer of £8m or hold on for a £10m bid that may never come

You forgot about choice number three. Allow his contract to run down to only one year remaining, don't play him for a season and in so doing demonstrate to everyone involved (including the player himself) that he is surplus to requirements, and then slap a 15 million price tag on his head. That'll work  :eyebrow

For the record, and to make the point that in the Rafa we trust brigade criticism is accepted, I think that comment is fair enough.

I have thought that through out this season. Maybe Rafa found too much too radical to drop Bellamy, Crouch and Fowler in the same summer. But I think its' fair to say, looking those years that just as Rafa's been quite right to sign up midfielders and defenders this years, he hasn't been that spot on in forwards, bar Torres.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:48 pm

Slap 15 million on Crouch's head now and let Arry and MON fight it out and dont budge till we get 18 to 20 million for him. :nod
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:55 pm

:D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:Slap 15 million on Crouch's head now and let Arry and MON fight it out and dont budge till we get 18 to 20 million for him. :nod

i used to have so much respect more MON , well now clearly he's a guy with no class , barry wants top move so let him . If we are willing to throw crouch in , lets say rated at 10 million , would not mind topping up 4 million , MON wants the best of both worlds
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:18 pm

I still think we should have kept Craig Bellamy, at least try him with Torres for a season.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:33 pm

Interesting.

But why would you like to see that partnership?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 pm

Toffeehater wrote:i used to have so much respect more MON , well now clearly he's a guy with no class , barry wants top move so let him . If we are willing to throw crouch in , lets say rated at 10 million , would not mind topping up 4 million , MON wants the best of both worlds

So courting his best player in public and behaving with the sort of arrogance usually displayed by Real Madrid is your idea of class?

I preferred it when we did our transfer business (make that all our business) in private. Unfortunately MON was spot on with his remarks about this being how the new Liverpool do business :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:25 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Slap 15 million on Crouch's head now and let Arry and MON fight it out and dont budge till we get 18 to 20 million for him. :nod

i used to have so much respect more MON , well now clearly he's a guy with no class , barry wants top move so let him . If we are willing to throw crouch in , lets say rated at 10 million , would not mind topping up 4 million , MON wants the best of both worlds

spot on mate, MON once a c0ck always a c0ck, his valuation
on barry is a fecking p1ss take, forget any money i value
crouch higher than barry any day.i know it"s very probable
that crouch will leave the club, but for one will be sad when
it happens, i really rate crouch, & to drag him into the mix
with buying barry is an insult to the man imho.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:i used to have so much respect more MON , well now clearly he's a guy with no class , barry wants top move so let him . If we are willing to throw crouch in , lets say rated at 10 million , would not mind topping up 4 million , MON wants the best of both worlds

So courting his best player in public and behaving with the sort of arrogance usually displayed by Real Madrid is your idea of class?

I preferred it when we did our transfer business (make that all our business) in private. Unfortunately MON was spot on with his remarks about this being how the new Liverpool do business :(

It was O'Neill who went public first, Rafa then had to defend his corner.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion