PEPE REINA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:35 am

I said somewhere the other day that our key performers include Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres and REINA and this is good reward for one of the best keepers around. He won't get voted best keeper in many polls, some too far up Shay Given or Peter Cech's a-rses to be objective, and while LFC fans may be biased, he is still one of the best
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sivapc » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 am

he's the best in the world now.

it'll be a travesty if casillas gets the nod in SA. well.. it'll be a travesty then.
sivapc

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Would be absolutely made up if Reina has signed (or is about to sign) a new five year contract. He is easily amongst the best keepers around today and also seems to play a very important part in boosting squad morale. That and he obviously loves LFC and cares deeply about the fans as well as the city itself. Pepe :bowdown
JamCar05

Postby roberto green » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 pm

I know he was a bit homesick a few seasons back but he is meant to have settled down really well in the area and in to the English way of life and he knows so much about our history and speaks really well at the thought of emulating Ray Clemance.

It's so hard to find a decent keeper these days we only have to think of the inconsistency of David James,Sander Westerveld and Jerzy Dudek so it will be most welcomed to see our best goalkeeper imo since Clemo sign a new contract

:)
roberto green

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:20 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Top goal keeper him and iker are 1 - 2 at the moment and will be interesting if pepe keeps this form up and if he doesn't get to be the first choice for spain then its dam shame
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:43 pm

fully deserves his contract extension, i would say he's quite comfortably the best keeper in the league this season. God knows where we would be with out him this season. What i love about Pepe is that as well as keeping the goals out, he also plays apart in setting up attacks with his excellent throwing and kicking, top keeper!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Outstanding player, as big a part of the team as Stevie and Fernando. Nice to see another player commit for the future.
Dinger

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Owzat wrote:I said somewhere the other day that our key performers include Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres and REINA and this is good reward for one of the best keepers around. He won't get voted best keeper in many polls, some too far up Shay Given or Peter Cech's a-rses to be objective, and while LFC fans may be biased, he is still one of the best

I think Reina is a smashin' keeper - there's no doubtabout that - but for me, there's no question that Given is head and shoulders above every keeper in the Premiership. No doubt at all.
He's singlehandedly kept the score down in game after game for 'Citeh this season...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 pm

TBH mate its your opinion and if anything i think Given is overrated , yes he's a top keeper , a good shot stopper but his distribution can't compare to Pepe . For me Pepe is the best in this league and probably top 3 in the world . Read today that G buffon wants to leave and arsenal and Manure are looking at him , Vds is 39 now , i'd love it if we have pepe playing here till he was 40 and retiring
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 pm

I would have Reina over any Keeper in the World at present ,and that includes Casillas the very fact Liverpool have been abysmal this Season and are still in contention for a Champions League place is testament to the lads ability ,he's simply been brilliant this Season and if it wasn't for his woeful team-mates we would have seen a plethora of clean sheets ,and this alone deserves to be acknowledged .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:54 pm

great for him to commit. Great at what he does and he's good for the dressing room. And Nandos good mate
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 am

Toffeehater wrote:TBH mate its your opinion and if anything i think Given is overrated ,

Fairy nuff....that's what opinions are, mate...Just like ar$eh0les...everyone's got one...and you are talking out yours....  :D

Given is my number one, absolutely.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Boocity » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:55 pm

Casillas plays for RM so he will get the nod over Pepe.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Given overrated? What with the saves he consistently pulls off, rarely makes a blunder?

Pepe is the best keeper in the world, Given would be a close second IMO.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion