Pepe reina - Gotta be good

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:11 am

Made a stunning save at the end of the game to thwart CSKA.

Comes off his line very decisively and early and also attacks corsses - reminds me of Grobbelaar but he seems not as eccentric.

Missed the ball in 1 of his forays off the line but luckly CSKA did not make anything out of it. This was also due to some lax defending on the defenders' part and Reina was only reacting to the situation.

Did not have much to do generally, but looks a good shot stopper (which Dudek was before his confidence slip but which Westerveldt was not at all). If he really has a big mouth and uses it well top organise his defenders, he'd do well for us.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:26 am

Reina is good. Time in La Liga, together with Casillas, Karmeni and him, were the top keepers. We have a good pair of hands between our posts. Though we do not have the best defence; Reina is yet complimented.

Past matches he played in did not bring out his best. Reina still had more to offer. I find him a terrific shot stopper and deals crosses with ease. Rafa brought in a good keeper, lets get a good wall in front of him!
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:20 pm

hes the greatest
brilliant at punching
kopite

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:25 pm

After one match some criticise him already. that is sad!
TUT TUT!  :no
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm

Luis Garcia wrote:1. He came for a low crossed ball, 1st half, and caught thin air. could have cost us.

All I can say to that is, if your Aunt had ball's she would have been your uncle. Seriously dude, you're an :censored:. Everything that come's out of your mouth is a bunch of jibberish.

Reina is an awesome keeper, he will prove that as the season progresses. All the ( three ) mistake's he's made are nothing, you clearly have no clue about football if that's what you're judging him on.

Some of you Red's "fan's" are so frikken annoying.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:32 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:
Luis Garcia wrote:1. He came for a low crossed ball, 1st half, and caught thin air. could have cost us.

All I can say to that is, if your Aunt had ball's she would have been your uncle. Seriously dude, you're an :censored:. Everything that come's out of your mouth is a bunch of jibberish.

Reina is an awesome keeper, he will prove that as the season progresses. All the ( three ) mistake's he's made are nothing, you clearly have no clue about football if that's what you're judging him on.

Completely agree with you regarding Riena and the childish negativity coming from some immature posters.

After one game people are coming out with all sorts of un-intelligent badly thought out posts, how sad.

Reina will ROCK and so will Liverpool under Benítez.

Cheers.  :buttrock  :cool:
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Luis Garcia » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:00 am

KOP-1892 wrote:

nothing!  so why does he punch the ball and not catch it?

and what if one goes to a striker who buries it.!

you hypocrite.  i bet you criticised Dudek for making a blunder now and then!

shame on you!
Luis Garcia

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:08 am

.. continental keepers puch more than catch.. he even practices the punches in the warm-up. It's an added dimension, from defense to attack as yetserday proved.

Oh and calm down :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:30 am

Well I'm sure we're all agreed that keeper has been a problem area for a while now, so I reckon we should all get behind Reina and sing his name loud and proud even if things don't slide for him. He looks good to me so far, and long may I continue to think that.

Slightly scary though - since 2001, we've had all of the following between the sticks:

Westerveld
Arphexad
Dudek
Kirkland
Jones
Carson
Reina

7 keepers in 4 years in not good. Fine, some of this was rotation or brought about by injury, but If we're to get a back four sorted and cemented, we flat out NEED a trustworthy keeper to establish themselves for a long, long time. It's not good for defenders to have a different voice bellowing instructions at them every week. Players like Schmeichel and Seaman were almost ever-present for nigh on a decade at Man U and Arsenal respectively, and it's that kind of continuity that forms a secure platform which allows the rest of the team to find its feet. A young left back like Warnock will have a lot more confidence in his own game knowing that there's a safe pair of hands behind him to pick up the pieces if a tackle doesn't come off, and that's essential frankly.
ivor_the_injun

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:53 am

nothing!  so why does he punch the ball and not catch it?

Because he prefers to punch the ball instead of catching it.

Have you seen Reina punch the ball? Unless a striker can score from the halfway line everytime Reina punches it then we're in no danger.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:50 am

A.B. wrote:

Have you seen Reina punch the ball? Unless a striker can score from the halfway line everytime Reina punches it then we're in no danger.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion