Pepe reina - Someone needs to have a word...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jaytoothetee » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:21 pm

i was on the sky sports website, and i came across this article. so i started reading it and about halfway down it says "he said in the s*n". WHAT THE :censored: IS HE PLAYING AT  :angry: ? i was absolutely fuming when i read it, does anyone have any idea how he could be educated on why he shouldn't talk to that rag? i know you can email the players from the club website, but i doubt they have time to read all of them. perhaps if everyone on here sent a link to the hjc website, he'd get the message.

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:30 pm

I don't think it's quite what it looks, mate.  Sky is attributing the comments to the S*n but I'm sure it was from one of those general press interviews with lots of microphones in front of Pepe's face.  It's not like he had an exclusive interview with the S*n.  In fact, he's quoted in the Daily Post today about the Champions League draw and I'd be very surprised if that wasn't from the same interview.  No doubt the Daily Post will run his comments about Man U tomorrow without reference to the S*n.  It's just the way the press works these days.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:36 pm

I understand jaytothetee's concern and anger, but I'd also like to know the context first as BadBob suggests.

If he really spoke to the rag, it must have been ignorance because Reina only talks marvellous things about his crowd when he comes here.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:42 pm

The article is quoted in full elsewhere without the s*n part so its more than likely its the usual general release interview that the s*n delight in trying to make into an exclusive. All the players are more than aware of their responsibilities. Nothing to worry about mate.

13/12/2007 16:04, Report by Steve Bartram

Reina banks on three pointsLiverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina expects his side to beat United in Sunday's massive Premier League showdown at Anfield.

Despite last weekend's shock defeat at Reading, the Merseysiders clinched a place in the Champions League knockout stages with a convincing win in Marseille - a timely boost for Reina and his colleagues.

“We certainly have a lot of confidence about Sunday now," said the Spaniard. “We know we must be ready for United but it could be a great game in front of our own fans - and we expect to win.

“We have one of the best teams in Europe, although there are some tough teams in the Premier League and it’s a lot more difficult this year."

Rafa Benitez's side currently sit fourth in the Premier League, six points behind United with a game in hand, and Reina admits his side face a huge ask to win the title.

“At Reading last week we saw that anyone can beat anyone else at the moment," he said. "Chelsea, Arsenal and United are in really good form and it’s very difficult to finish ahead of them in the long term. But the Premier League is a long race and we want to keep the momentum going.”

Defender Jamie Carragher believes three points on Sunday would give Liverpool the mental boost required to regain the league title for the first time since 1990.

"We haven't beaten either of our rivals this season and we need to change that," said Carragher told Zoo magazine. "The draws against Arsenal and Chelsea felt like defeats because in both games we took the lead.

"Beating United would mean more than three points - psychologically we would really start to believe."

Rafa Benitez's side are expected to be boosted by the return of Xabi Alonso from injury, while there are lingering doubts over the involvement of Steve Finnan and Daniel Agger definitely misses out.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:16 pm

FOR THE RECORD - Players often give an interview to the written press, a room full of writers from all the newspapers in England and elsewhere.

The questions may or may not have been asked by the Sun interviewer, more likely not, but all the press people will have the same quotes.

SKY almost ALWAYS attribute their articles and quotes to the Sun as its owned by the same media company.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion