Pepe reina agrees new contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:12 am

You hated him in his first season and was hoping he would be dropped?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:29 am

Damjan193 you are the biggest kneejerker  ever!
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:43 am

DrPepe wrote:Damjan193 you are the biggest kneejerker  ever!

A what?What I said?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:45 am

bavlondon wrote:You hated him in his first season and was hoping he would be dropped?

Yeah, I thought he sucked...as I said... at the time.What's with you guys, what did I say?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 am

Elisha Scott.

Liverpool legend.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:32 pm

he mite not be the best keeper next season if the rumours are true. that gigi buffon is coming to the premiership next season. just pray he doesnt go to manshite as van der sar will be 40
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Just wanna say

Senor Pepe Riena you are f,ucking boss and i love you , Tells it like it is . Does a captains job . should be the fecking captain in my eyes ,

PEPE IS SCOUSE AND HE GETS US, LOVE HIM

The pressure on Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the Liverpool owners, has intensified after one of the club’s most senior players called on them to sell up.

Pepe Reina, the Liverpool goalkeeper, has revealed that his concern over the future of the Merseyside club has turned to a desire to see Hicks and Gillett bring their three-year tenure to a swift conclusion. His words represent the most outspoken verdict on the controversial Americans from inside the Anfield dressing room.

Reina wants the ownership saga to be brought to a head so that the club can move forward after a season in which failure on the pitch has been accompanied by mounting concern about Liverpool’s long-term ability to service the £351.4 million debt piled on to their books by Hicks and Gillett.

“Of course a quick sale is vital,” Reina said. “It would be simple as it would mean we could start planning for next season earlier. All that I ask is that if it is going to happen, then it happens as soon as possible to help the club.

“Of course, we worry. It is a bit of a concern and we need to sort out these kinds of things, like the sale of the club and the things with the owners. Once we settle all this, then we can begin to look forward and improve the squad.”

Liverpool remain up for sale but are yet to find a buyer and the ownership situation is just one of a number of uncertainties plaguing the club. Also still to be resolved is the future of Rafael Benítez, who has revealed his desire to remain as manager after being linked with Juventus for several months. He is now seeking reassurances from Martin Broughton, the chairman, that he will have the backing of the board to instigate an overhaul of his squad.

While prepared to concede that problems behind the scenes cannot be used as an excuse for a season in which Liverpool failed to finish in the top six of the Premier League for the first time in more than a decade, Reina insists that boardroom wrangling and financial concerns were a hindrance to their efforts. He wants to see significant changes at the top of the club to facilitate the kind of spending that he feels is necessary to make Liverpool competitive again.

“We cannot avoid our responsibilities,” Reina said. “We are the ones who play, so there are no excuses about that. Of course it did not help all the issues with owners and the situations with the ups and downs with the money. But we are just players and we have to play.

“It has been a really disappointing season. The only thing we can do is look forward and try to improve and build a competitive squad. We need to spend some on the squad to be competitive again so we can fight for a place in the top four.
Last edited by NANNY RED on Tue May 11, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 am

NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:21 am

Pepe Reina broke off from the Spanish inquisition into their improbable defeat to Switzerland to express his concerns that Liverpool could regress even further if Rafael Benítez's departure as manager is followed by either Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard leaving Anfield.

While Reina has committed himself to the club, signing a six-year contract in April, the goalkeeper is acutely aware that when he begins next season at Liverpool there are no guarantees Gerrard or Torres will be there. The two most important players at Anfield are both giving serious consideration to their future because of the problems afflicting the club, most notably the ownership of Tom Hicks and George Gillett and the lack of transfer funds to improve a squad that may need major restoration work if they are to improve significantly next season.

Liverpool finished seventh last season, 23 points behind the champions, Chelsea. With no manager in line to replace Benítez and no sense that a takeover is close, Reina's fear is that Torres and Gerrard may also sever their ties with the club.

"Of course there is concern about Fernando and Stevie," he said. "Not just them, but others, too. Any team would count on Stevie and Fernando as big names and, for us, it's the same. Without them, it would be really tough to be up there at the top next season."

Those concerns have been compounded by the news that Yossi Benayoun, one of Liverpool's more creative players, is on the verge of moving to Chelsea while Javier Mascherano could conceivably link up again with Benítez at Internazionale.

Torres has been prominently linked with Chelsea and Manchester City, both of whom have resurrected their interest since Benítez left Anfield, whereas Gerrard is reputedly among José Mourinho's targets at Real Madrid and has resisted the opportunity to distance himself from all the talk of a possible move, saying he will not talk about his future until after the World Cup.

Torres has spoken of Liverpool needing to be powerful movers in the transfer market this summer and Reina believes it is crucial that the club's ownership issues are settled quickly. "Fingers crossed, once we sort out the situation with the manager and the owners, which we hope is soon, hopefully we can focus on building a squad for the future," he said. "We are all on the same boat and we want to redecorate the ship. We want to be a lot stronger, more consistent and create and build a proper squad to be contenders for the title once again."

Reina, like Torres, had a strong working relationship with Benítez, but Iker Casillas's understudy as Spain's goalkeeper said he had come to terms with recent events. "I've had time to think about it and I guess it's one of those things. Football is football, it happens, and I always say the same thing – Liverpool will remain forever; which is the most important thing."

Who could not fail to love this man. Captains material in my eyes, Liverpool will remain forever; which is the most important thing."
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:29 am

Liverpool could "regress even further" if all the top players come out and express concerns and talk about leaving..........................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:22 am

Meanwhile.. the Capatin is not gonna talk about 'Liverpool' he is too focused ont he WC.. gawd help Engerland if he weren't focused !

Pepe is captain material - for an honourary scouser, he cares and gets it
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:36 am

Check out Reina in this vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C36LisjvNuA

He was introducing all the players to the crowd individually and when it was Fabregas' turn.. this happened

He apparently says ' Cesc Fabregas, future of Barcelona '

Bit disrespectfull IMO. Not gonna go down well with Arsenal fans.
Fauxy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion