Morientes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Flo-Po » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:49 am

What was with the booing when Fowler got substituted last nite? The whole stadium booed when fowler was taken off.

This must of made Nando feel great? Morientes is a confidence player and a foreign man in a foreign land. He was made feel real great I bet last night. The lad didnt even celebrate when he scored, just kept his head low, just goes to show how hes feeling and how supported he feels by his own fans.

I thought it was disgraceful, "youll never walk alone", the fans should support their players through thick and thin, and its something the LFC fans have always done but last nite was a disgrace I think.
Flo-Po

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:04 am

I'd say it was more for Fowler being hauled off after a great performance to be honest, but even so it was hardly our fans' finest hour.

At least Morientes responded in the right way. I liked his non-celebration as well. He's had very little to smile about of late, and he looked more relieved than anything else.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:10 am

Flo-Po wrote:I thought it was disgraceful, "youll never walk alone", the fans should support their players through thick and thin, and its something the LFC fans have always done but last nite was a disgrace I think.

Disgrace is a touch harsh to be honest ..........

The KOP very rarely boo a substitution and i'm not advocating or agreeing with it just sking to understand why it happened.

Fowler was having his best game in a LFC shirt since his return, the game was in the balance at 2-1, Fulham were pressing for the equaliser and the LFC player with "nil" confidence comes on  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:14 am

They just wanted Robbie to stay on and score another few, but Rafa obviously thought he wasnt fit for the whole match.

Anyway Crouch coming on and getting a goal is good for his confidence
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:39 am

At least Morientes responded in the right way. I liked his non-celebration as well. He's had very little to smile about of late, and he looked more relieved than anything else.

I agree, I don't think the non celebration was a protest against the crowd, but that he just felt that he hasn't been good enough as of late.

I think he would have celebrated it a bit more if it was a single winner goal, but it just looks like he needed badly that goal. I think that it's fair to criticise his goals lack, but I don't think it's fair to say that he doesn't try.

In my very humble opinion, Crouch was more protected by the crowd when he was without scoring quite a bunch of games. People protected him while the media laughed at the guy. And I remember that the first league goal of Crouch was like an explossion of happyness, both of Crouch, running with the arms up jubilant, and of the crowd, who was mad about the goal.

It's not that Morientes has been mistreated, in other Stadias he would have been insulted  or booed, but I don't think Morientes had the same protection of the crowd.

The reasons I don't know, but Morientes has been more time in LFC than Crouch has. :(
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:48 am

I doubt people hate Morientes. He has always been nice and all but he hasn't been scoring as of late... the booing was not directed towards him but towards the coach who chose to remove Fowler that was playing great.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:18 am

Havent seen the highlights still!!! (Will watch them tonight) but have to say that when you are going through a bad patch it is only natural to feel that any booing is directed toward you personally.  Moro's reaction to scoring is interesting... it suggests to me that although his team mates were extremely happy for him, Nando himself only felt a small sensation of relief tempered by the knowledge that he has not performed up to his own expectations to date.  IMO he still needs to score again against the barcodes or Brum to get his confidence back up and begin to feel that he's contributing to the team.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:26 am

the boonig was awful. and it turned out that as always rafa knew exactly what he was doing. Fowler was awesome last night but rafa made the right change at the right time
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:57 am

It wasn't directed at Mori.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:01 am

at cisse, but whoever it was directed to its not right... but it happens
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:12 am

dawson99 wrote:at cisse, but whoever it was directed to its not right... but it happens

Same as a couple on here have said - it was aimed more at the subbing of Fowler than the not subbing of anyone else.

Let's be fair - he's God!!!!!  :D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:13 am

isnt that just a tad sacriligous (sp)
but yes, he is god, and he deserved to stay on for the ovation he woulda got at the end
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:22 am

dawson99 wrote:isnt that just a tad sacriligous (sp)
but yes, he is god, and he deserved to stay on for the ovation he woulda got at the end

More Blasphemous I'd have said, but I see your point!!!!!  :D

I'm sure the real God knows I am japing, and that absolutely no offence is intended.  :)

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:25 am

blasphemous, thats the word... anyways, i never worked it out, if fowler is god, and on the 8th day god created owen, does that mean fowler created owen? a kind of surragate son like ian wright is to SWP?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:38 am

dawson99 wrote:blasphemous, thats the word... anyways, i never worked it out, if fowler is god, and on the 8th day god created owen, does that mean fowler created owen? a kind of surragate son like ian wright is to SWP?

:lookaround   :Oo:

:D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion