Morientes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:32 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
drummerphil wrote:To be honest i find him in the same bracket i found Karl-Heinz Riedle,very frustrating player,little pace but great in other leagues........
The writing has been on the wall for a while now and i for one look forward to his departure....

add Jari Litmanen to that list

i liked Jari Litmanen,at times he was sublime.Its a shame we didnt have him 3 or 4 years earlier........
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:41 pm

drummerphil wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
drummerphil wrote:To be honest i find him in the same bracket i found Karl-Heinz Riedle,very frustrating player,little pace but great in other leagues........
The writing has been on the wall for a while now and i for one look forward to his departure....

i liked Jari Litmanen,at times he was sublime.Its a shame we didnt have him 3 or 4 years earlier........

sadly, i think that might also be the case regarding Morientes.....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:49 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

You don't think Litmanen was a good player in our league? ???

You get better with every post. :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:56 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

You don't think Litmanen was a good player in our league? ???

You get better with every post. :laugh:

.....stu, you really should READ things before opening your mouth......reread it

done it?

good, now you see i agree with Drummerphil over the fact that Jari was a good player (like Riedle and Morientes) but didn't adapt totally to the team/style.  Understand?  if not, ask an adult to repeat the above and explain.  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:40 pm

This might shock a few here...but i think if morientes sorts whatever mental problem he has...... he is without a doubt the best striker we have.

I am still not sure what's moro's problem...Its not as if he is trying...he chases lost causes and all...But something is not right.

When he is on song, he can be an amazing striker (ie...that header against fulham & his assist (shot) for garcia against everton last season).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:38 pm

GH didn,t use jari anywhere near enough, he had the class to play in the whole behind owen but GH wanted emile up front

rafa would love a player of his class to hold the ball up so i disagree on the fact that he wasn't suited to our football

nando,cissie, just haven't found the pace of the epl to there style but nando works so hard winning the ball back and has a great touch that rafa just wants him to score from crosses abit more

when you have two striker not clicking it puts pressure on the whole team, rafa knows this and will sort it out by next year
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Jari was often the best attacking player on the pitch when he played but then was on the bench again for the next game as GH recognised that Heskey offered us.....???...(can anyone complete this sentance?)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:14 pm

bavlondon wrote:Enter Jermaine Defoe!!!!

What is it about Defoe that makes him such a popular choice.  I would take Kuyt over him
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:39 pm

puroresu wrote:

What is it about Defoe that makes him such a popular choice.  I would take Kuyt over him

Have you seen Defoe play ?

The lads class, and would score goals for fun.

I havent seen much of Kuyt, but heard he looks the business...so i wouldnt be too bothered either way.

I am confident if Liverpool signed Defoe that he would score 20 goals.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:15 pm

Nando is the best player in the world ever.

and Crouch is good, but he's too short to make any real impact in the air.

Whereas Cisse is brilliant at shooting,passing and dribbling....he just lacks the pace and acceleration to get past defenders.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:22 pm

kunilson wrote:Nando is the best player in the world ever.

and Crouch is good, but he's too short to make any real impact in the air.

Whereas Cisse is brilliant at shooting,passing and dribbling....he just lacks the pace and acceleration to get past defenders.

A really clever sarcastic post.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:25 pm

yep, bet you never seen that before.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:35 pm

jari was class but never got a look in. it wasnt that he couldnt adapt to the premiership, its that he never got the chance to play
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:01 pm

Sabre wrote:

I agree, I don't think the non celebration was a protest against the crowd, but that he just felt that he hasn't been good enough as of late.

This is spot on..

People have questioned Morientes, and accused the Boss of siding with him cos he is the Boss' mate ( and that's fine for debate or in this forums case.. arguing), perhaps he is RAfa's mate, but this manager has a philosophy of giving people a chance before dumping them.. in Morientes' and all the strikers cases, Rafa has said that strikers need confidence and that's why they must play.

Some of his decisions have not always been what one would expect, take the formation against the Barcodes (Newastle), but can we honestly say that we expected to be challenging for 2nd spot, so soon into Rafa's reign..?

I think we need to have a bit more faith, he sees more than we do, what this team needs and someone like Morientes, was bought in good faith. Morientes himself wants to succeed, for someone with 3 CL winners medals, we could not expect less.. but you know as in life sometimes things just don't work out..
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:07 pm

puroresu wrote:

1st: Hes English

2nd: Hes not MO but there are times where he can make a goal himself out of nothing. I just thing with peple like Stevie and Xavi calling the shots in midlield ther could b something good there.

For meKuyt is just the man of the moment right now in Holland and dont think he will do much in the World Cup.
Last edited by tubby on Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion