Morientes "youve seen nothing yet"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:35 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I think Morientes is a classic case of a player who plays well when the team plays well. His best performances this season have come when the team in general are playing good football. The same was true at Real Madrid. I think sometimes the blame is too easily placed on a single player

So how do you explain us battering so many teams and getting beat or not scoring or not scoring enough.

We have played great enough times this season and the strikers just havent done it on to many occasions, Crouch gets away with this cos he offers more around the area, but Morientes is a box man and we have played great and just needed somebody to put the ball in the back of the net and on to many occasions hes let us down.

Morientes was the type of player i thought would nick us a goal when we was playing sh!t cos he was a poacher, until i just realised we had to play like Real madrid to get the best out of him.

How many times have we said "If only Owen had been playing" But we had him there instead, morientes has no excuse what so ever for not scoring enough this season. Like people have said we have around 20 shots a game and at least 4 or 5 good chances a game, if he cant score for us he wont do it for anyone anymore.

He simply hasnt done it.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby RAGE UK » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:35 am

I totally agree with garymac 100%.
I also think he will not get back to his former self and perform anymore.
I hope he goes and takes cissa with him.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:39 am

Dalglish wrote:
drummerphil wrote:yes Ian mate, what do we owe the pleasure of your company in daylight.......

I'm "On Call"  :D

I'm like a coiled spring ready to respond  :p

on call , sounds sordid ian??  :D
Last edited by Judge on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MASTER » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:35 pm

SOMEONE said mori plays well, only when the team plays well.
Points in answer to this statement:
1)lfc v arsenal: he missed at least 3 clear chances, 1 header from good cross.
2)when Big Pete is in the team he tries harder than ever to score even when stevie is playing badly.
3)WBA V LFC 2-0 ahead and he MISSED from 2 YARDS
4)Goalscoring record is WORSE than Cisse and he plays out wide most of the time he even gets on the pitch, which is half the time Mori is on the pitch.
5)He said he would show LFC fans the true Morientes and then misses a sitter in his next game
6)In regards to his goal record at his previous clubs: he scored 170+ for REAL in 7 years, he won the golden boot in the champions league with 9 goals and scored 2 in his first international.
7)this tells me he dosen't care about LFC at all.
MASTER

Postby teamleader1 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:33 pm

IMO if we do keep Nando it will badly effect our progression next season
its simple- hes not going to make it in the prem and hes to old to change now so why waste time?
hes found a comfort zone-hiding in midfield when he should be leading the line,
Robbie deserves a 2year contract this summer, and IMO if we are to become a major force again then should we really have 2 thirty year olds amongst the 4 strikers needed in the modern game?
Crouchy-Robbie and 2 new strikers with a few miles still on the clock - throw in a speedy R/W and the title may just end up at Anfield

At this stage of his career Nando needs the status of being at a club like Liverpool just to keep his credibility within the game
On the other hand we are at a stage were we MUST buy class players who will hit the ground running to keep up the great strides weve made over the last 2 seasons.
Great sides do not let sentiment blind them from whats needed to move the club forward -so Rafa must unload the under achievers in the summer, whether they want to go or not.
teamleader1

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:57 am

Morientes: I'm up to Anfield challenge
Wednesday April 05 2006

Liverpool striker Fernando Morientes insists he still has plenty to offer the Anfield club.

Manager Rafael Benitez is expected to overhaul his striking department in the summer, with Robbie Fowler still sweating on a new contract and Morientes and Djibril Cisse's long-term futures in doubt. But the Spanish striker, who has struggled to make an impact in his 15 months at the club - scoring only 11 goals in 55 appearances - is intent on proving his critics wrong.

He said: "I have not dodged a challenge anywhere in my career. I have a lot to offer this club, although I know I haven't played to my full level as often as I would have liked. But my best is coming."

Morientes has been linked with a move back to Spain with Espanyol, and his Liverpool future will depend on who Benitez is able to bring in during the summer.

But Morientes, who also says he hopes Fowler wins his battle for a new long-term contract, clearly sees himself at Anfield for some time.

Morientes said in the club's LFC magazine: "It does not matter what you have achieved in the past, it is irrelevant. You always have something to prove.

"I have a four-year contract here and I will be running as hard in the last year of my contract as I did in the first year.

"I have seen people elsewhere who have played hard at the time of contract renewals and done enough to get what they wanted.

"Once they have the security of a long-term deal they ease off and don't perform the way they have previously. That happens sometimes but not at this club because the manager would not tolerate it."

When he came on against WBA he looked the same as he has done all season and offers nothing, to me this sounds like a player who knows he is leaving us in the summer.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:33 am

Fernando seems to be talking to Liverpool FC Magazine and club website a hell of a lot and it's the same old song. "I'll prove myself", "I’m here to stay", "I'm very happy to be here" and so on. If he just kept his head down and started scoring from 3 yards out instead of missing sitters, then he would be in a comfortable position about his future.

However as much as most Liverpool fans on this board & elsewhere (bar myself) want Morientes to go back to Spain, I can't see him leaving anytime soon. Rafa had trust in Kewell to succeed when the odds were stacked against him and I'll suspect he'll do the same with Morientes.
48-1119859832

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:08 pm

Ciggy wrote:Morientes: I'm up to Anfield challenge
Wednesday April 05 2006

Liverpool striker Fernando Morientes insists he still has plenty to offer the Anfield club.

Manager Rafael Benitez is expected to overhaul his striking department in the summer, with Robbie Fowler still sweating on a new contract and Morientes and Djibril Cisse's long-term futures in doubt. But the Spanish striker, who has struggled to make an impact in his 15 months at the club - scoring only 11 goals in 55 appearances - is intent on proving his critics wrong.

He said: "I have not dodged a challenge anywhere in my career. I have a lot to offer this club, although I know I haven't played to my full level as often as I would have liked. But my best is coming."

Morientes has been linked with a move back to Spain with Espanyol, and his Liverpool future will depend on who Benitez is able to bring in during the summer.

But Morientes, who also says he hopes Fowler wins his battle for a new long-term contract, clearly sees himself at Anfield for some time.

Morientes said in the club's LFC magazine: "It does not matter what you have achieved in the past, it is irrelevant. You always have something to prove.

"I have a four-year contract here and I will be running as hard in the last year of my contract as I did in the first year.

"I have seen people elsewhere who have played hard at the time of contract renewals and done enough to get what they wanted.

"Once they have the security of a long-term deal they ease off and don't perform the way they have previously. That happens sometimes but not at this club because the manager would not tolerate it."

When he came on against WBA he looked the same as he has done all season and offers nothing, to me this sounds like a player who knows he is leaving us in the summer.

I'd only keep Morientes if the King of Spain asked tony blair to interveine with the FA, and pass a law that stated Morientes and ONLY Morientes was now allowed to pick the ball up on the pitch and run with it. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion