Morientes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whylongball? » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:52 am

Morientes really impressed me with his turning and positioning..win most of his headers i think
Pelle was very good-calm through out. I think he can start in the central with Hyppia and Cara on the right for tight games. Cara has improved alot technically, he can dribble and pass quite decently
what we need now is a gk
whylongball?

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:24 pm

Class. Clearly not match fit, but Class.

I think we have a similar quality of attack to when United won the treble now. Baros and Morientes i think are similar class to what Cole and Yorke were at the time and there were signs yesterday as early as it is that the two of them could thrive off playing with each other.

Things that impressed me:

1. The spinning back heels twice, nice touches perfectly executed, clever aswell.

2. He lifts his head and can spot a pass. Always looked to have time on the ball.

3. His arial ability looked promising. Better than i first thought.

4. The one two with Baros (Baros actually played a one to :D ) which didn't quite come off. The idea was perfect, had the pass into Morientes been better and he'd been a bit more match fit i'm sure that would have came off.

Over the coming weeks i think we have a strike pairing which can work as a team within the team which is something Heskey and Owen only done once in a blue moon (Mainly down to Heskey's incompitence).
115-1073096938

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:47 pm

Where can we find a decent keeper. We have not had a reliable goalie since Grobs, and lets face it he had his crazy moments. Seems like every team has a dodgy keeper right now. Dudek has lost it mentally in big gmaes and looks like an accident waiting to happen. I am pretty sure he will be replaced in the summer so the search begins for yet another keeper.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:59 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Class. Clearly not match fit, but Class.

I think we have a similar quality of attack to when United won the treble now. Baros and Morientes i think are similar class to what Cole and Yorke were at the time and there were signs yesterday as early as it is that the two of them could thrive off playing with each other.

Things that impressed me:

1. The spinning back heels twice, nice touches perfectly executed, clever aswell.

2. He lifts his head and can spot a pass. Always looked to have time on the ball.

3. His arial ability looked promising. Better than i first thought.

4. The one two with Baros (Baros actually played a one to :D ) which didn't quite come off. The idea was perfect, had the pass into Morientes been better and he'd been a bit more match fit i'm sure that would have came off.

Over the coming weeks i think we have a strike pairing which can work as a team within the team which is something Heskey and Owen only done once in a blue moon (Mainly down to Heskey's incompitence).

I agree. I'm sure Moro and Baros will tear up the defences of Southampton,Charlton,Fulham,etc...
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:29 pm

Mori was excellent and will improve every game he plays as he gets used to the pace and become match fit.  Throught Pele did ok.  Looked like he knew what he was doing although his passing wasn't great. Again not really match fit.. will improve.  I liked the way the defence was set up carra at rb, looked really solid. 

Also thought Garcia played really well!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Also thought Garcia played really well!!

???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:31 pm

st mick... what are you trying to say???
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:36 pm

garcia was poor. the game was crying out less for luis garcia's trickery (which is proving less effective by the week), and more for nunez's more basic playing style of trying to beat his man as directly as possible in order to whip crosses in.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:38 pm

That you saw the wrong game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:42 pm

I thought he played well.  His passing was much better than usual, and je always moved forward`and upset there defenders.  He also got stuck in and broke upalot of there play.  If anyone in Midfield had a nighmare it was Stevie G, who looked like he lost his bottle.  He didn't do a thing..
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Huck » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:46 pm

El Moro can play much better...believe me...in my opinion he didnt know where exactly to place in the pitch very well(normal due to his short stay there)he´ll improve and goals will come.
By the way...Pellegrino played well but I think he shouldnt be the one in charge of beginning the attack game...hes not a good  passer...u have quite a lot quality with Gerrard and Xabi, so they must be the ones to do it instead, in fact i think that Gerrard+Xabi are the best midfield all over Europe.
And...Dudek cant be the goalkeeper of a winner club as you have alwas been.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:54 pm

Xabi is injured so Gerrard has to dictate the passing game which he didn't do yesterday. Him and Hamann were awful.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Huck » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:57 pm

I dont like Hamman at all and Gerrard is not totally fit I think...at the end of the match he looked really tired and when ur leader is so...I think the rest of the team gets so.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:17 pm

You liking Hamann is irrevalant. Hamann worked well with Alonso when Gerrard was injured, yesterday it was not our day and we suffered because of it. Gerrard wasn't tired, he hardly had a sweat, he was completely shut out.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:33 pm

Gerrard tried to win the game on his own. It can help on occasion but I think we needed more composure yesterday. Once or twice he tried to dribble the ball out of the danger area, which nearly cost us when Keane hit the bar. As fantastic as Stevie G is he does rush things and this is his only fault. Needs to take a touch now and then and play it simple rather than looking to kill a team with a first time ball.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion