MARTIN KELLY - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:47 am

Kellys gonna be awesome aswell. Ireckon hell be better then Johnson when he peaks. He can defend, attack, cross hes got it all. Really got high hopes for the future with some of the youngsters we have.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby centarec » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 am

PabloMedina28 wrote:Kellys gonna be awesome aswell. Ireckon hell be better then Johnson when he peaks. He can defend, attack, cross hes got it all. Really got high hopes for the future with some of the youngsters we have.

And plus the lad loves Liverpool as much as we do. I think that Kelly will turn to be an even bigger legend for us than Carragher.
centarec

Postby Owzat » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:28 am

PabloMedina28 wrote:Kellys gonna be awesome aswell. Ireckon hell be better then Johnson when he peaks. He can defend, attack, cross hes got it all. Really got high hopes for the future with some of the youngsters we have.

"he can defend" is always a good asset for someone aiming to play a defensive position, he's arguably already up on Johnson in that regard so also arguably already a better choice of FB
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:28 am

centarec wrote:

And plus the lad loves Liverpool as much as we do. I think that Kelly will turn to be an even bigger legend for us than Carragher.

Big statement that...

Carragher might get to 700 appearances this year, and you think he'll be bigger than him for us? Its nice to get excited about a kid, but lets not go overboard.... he doesn't need that kind of pressure just yet.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Owzat wrote:

"he can defend" is always a good asset for someone aiming to play a defensive position, he's arguably already up on Johnson in that regard so also arguably already a better choice of FB

:D true mate it always helps
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:03 am

whats Kelly's 1st name?
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:09 am

Bermenstein wrote:whats Kelly's 1st name?

It's Martin dude!

Good solid prospect, not sure i'm expecting him to be the next Carra but he's a big strong lad who defends in a no nonsense sort of way and importantly for his age, he plays with confidence. We could could certainly use a few lads of this ilk coming through the youth ranks. Not necessarily world beaters but good, solid pros who can come in and contribute. The mancs have players like O'Shea, Evans and Brown to do this and it's about time we had the same. Hopefully Darby can push on in the same way this season as well. Must admit i'm not so hopeful about Ayala, he looks to me to be more suited to playing in one of the continental leagues.
Last edited by Scottbot on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:12 am

Scottbot wrote:

It's Martin dude!.......

Tnx Scottbot
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:14 am

Scottbot wrote:

It's Martin dude!

Good solid prospect, not sure i'm expecting him to be the next Carra but he's a big strong lad who defends in a no nonsense sort of way and importantly for his age, he plays with confidence. We could could certainly use a few lads of this ilk coming through the youth ranks. Not necessarily world beaters but good, solid pros who can come in and contribute. The mancs have players like O'Shea, Evans and Brown to do this and it's about time we had the same. Hopefully Darby can push on in the same way this season as well. Must admit i'm not so hopeful about Ayala, he looks to me to be more suited to playing in one of the continental leagues.

Agree about not comparing him to Carra. That would be some massive boots to fill.

What i would say though - from what i have seen of him as a footballer he is a better player.
What i mean by that is how comfortable on the ball he is. His technical ability. He knocks in a decent cross and his composure (on the ball) is better for me.
I wouldnt expect for one minute him to become the positional defensive stalwart that Carra has been though.

Just saying he looks a very tidy player in posession.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby matt_liverpool » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:15 pm

As I said in the other thread, I personally think the lad has all the attributes to become a top class center back. He is big, strong, confident and knows how to defend. He is Liverpool's version of Chris Smalling.  :buttrock
matt_liverpool

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:44 pm

the passion he showed today, along with the determination and desire makes me wonder why on earth we need that 17million poser anymore. he was incredible despite facing such difficult opponents, and he can only get better.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

The kid's ready, Johnson's in poor form and Carra's a CB...time to give you Kelly a chance to become a permanent fixture in the starting 11 Roy.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:38 pm

If Roy is brave enough to drop Johnson when he's fit again and keep faith with this lad it could pay massive dividends ...I have been saying from day one Johnson was a ridiculously bad defender and should be dropped ....and if Kelly starts  regularly playing at RB it would be another huge step for the manager in proving  his metal
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Not that he had a lot of choice and would have been criticized if we lost but Roy did an excellent decision there, starting with Kelly. We had the greek and Johnson injured so we had to play him, but it really was a smart move. We all know Kelly has the ability and tallent and we all know what he is capable of when his ability is combined with a great boost of morale, we all saw it when he played against Lyon. Today we saw the same thing again. All we needed was to give him the morale to play, and starting him against opponets like Chelsea was a great way to do it. We really should give Roy some credit becouse starting him today was an excellent choice.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:04 pm

Kelly seems like a good lad and you can see he is always looking to learn and the other boys help him. Doesnt look like a young kid with a huge ego but a proper player taking it a step at a time and soaking up the experience. Full back is a hard job and he has to do is take the advice and more over position and defend are key for him. You dont have to bomb on all the time but just learn to do your job and do it well, old school full back then the rest will follow with experience and confidence.Great work from him today.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion