MARTIN KELLY - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Not sure if the lad has his own thread yet but he has just got his first call up to the England Under 21 Squad - congrats to the lad
Benny The Noon

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Yes, well done young man, hopefully he can figure for the 1st team this season.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:17 pm

hmm may this mean he wont be around to feature for us much then? :(
Fauxy

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:42 pm

He done really well tonight too. Really hope we see more of him in the 1st team this year.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:09 pm

We ought to look at him at centre half if anything. He certainly isn't a left back based on tonights performance, but fair play to him he did well despite that. His challenge in the dying seconds was absolutely spot on. I'd like to see him at centre half.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Who does he replace at CB ? Carra ? Or Agger - thought he was excellent tonight ESP in second half
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 pm

bigmick wrote:We ought to look at him at centre half if anything. He certainly isn't a left back based on tonights performance, but fair play to him he did well despite that. His challenge in the dying seconds was absolutely spot on. I'd like to see him at centre half.

I thought he was fantastic tonight Mick. Ok it's not his natural position but I wouldn't have any qualms with playing him there if Aurelio was injured.

Also he played there for the 2nd half of the 08/09 season when he was on loan.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Who does he replace at CB ? Carra ? Or Agger - thought he was excellent tonight ESP in second half

Well that's the difficulty. Clearly he isn't better than any of our centre halves at the moment, so it's going to be tricky for him to get a game. Given that, I'd loan him out if we get the fullback slots sorted. I would keep him though and not sell him, because he definately has something.

I'd be very surprised though if he doesn't end up making a living being a centre half.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:16 pm

Oh he will be a cb in future but at the moment he is perfect back up for both fullback positions and will play a fair number of games this season - no need to loan him out .
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:
bigmick wrote:We ought to look at him at centre half if anything. He certainly isn't a left back based on tonights performance, but fair play to him he did well despite that. His challenge in the dying seconds was absolutely spot on. I'd like to see him at centre half.

I thought he was fantastic tonight Mick. Ok it's not his natural position but I wouldn't have any qualms with playing him there if Aurelio was injured.

He did well Bav and I like him. He cannot though play left back when he only uses his left foot for standing on, and even at right back for me his game doesn't suit. He just might make a centre half though, and as I say I'm not slagging him off I thought he did well and I like him.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Quality every time I've watched him. Did well tonight albeit against a nothing side, clearly enjoyed getting forward as well. Slightly strange setup in the second half, he was virtually playing on his own on the left with Pacheco dropping in more centrally. Agreed though, he's a centre back and looks every inch the natural replacement for Carra.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:19 pm

No Mick. Lets give the boy a run at a few games. Carra started out there for a couple of seasons. Loaning them out never really works. I can see a very good player there. He could easily play anywhere across the back four. I think Aldo said tonight he could be our oshea.

Also Ike what I see with pachec.
boodiddy1

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:21 pm

bigmick wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

He did well Bav and I like him. He cannot though play left back when he only uses his left foot for standing on, and even at right back for me his game doesn't suit. He just might make a centre half though, and as I say I'm not slagging him off I thought he did well and I like him.

He only played right back once for the first team - last season in CL and was man of the match for us ?
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Well i think hes great made up for the lad , deffo wouldnt even consider loaning him out , hes got a big future for us and will be heavily involved i think this season, He reminds me of someone the way he plays i  havnt been able to put me finger on it yet but itll come to me,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:22 pm

boodiddy1 wrote:No Mick. Lets give the boy a run at a few games. Carra started out there for a couple of seasons. Loaning them out never really works. I can see a very good player there. He could easily play anywhere across the back four. I think Aldo said tonight he could be our oshea.

Also Ike what I see with pachec.

Totally agree . We need depth in the squad and he is perfect back up for us at present until ready to step into carras boots
Benny The Noon

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion