JOE ALLEN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 pm

I'd say Celtic would have no bother matching that wage  :no  They are a big enough club with a large fanbase.  :nod 

I think he would be better off heading back to Swansea myself and they would also be more likely to give us close to what we paid in the first place. The Scottish league is poor and at 26 I think the lad has rocks in his head if he is considering it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue May 31, 2016 12:04 am

red till i die!! » Mon May 30, 2016 2:13 pm wrote:I'd say Celtic would have no bother matching that wage  :no  They are a big enough club with a large fanbase.  :nod 

I think he would be better off heading back to Swansea myself and they would also be more likely to give us close to what we paid in the first place. The Scottish league is poor and at 26 I think the lad has rocks in his head if he is considering it.

To play under Rogers again, who didn't seem to have too much faith in him the last couple season. I think he's gotten more time under Klopp than he had been under Rogers, but I could be wrong.

I think he's a decent player. A good back up, but if we are to sign a defensive-minded midfielder, between the new player and Can players like him and Lucas will rarely see the pitch. I know that's not exactly Allen's role, but that tends to be how he's played.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 31, 2016 8:59 pm

I don't think he would be so keen to hook back up with Rodgers myself. He really liked Pascoe and had a few words to say when the other lad threw him under a bus.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:26 pm

Allens value must have trebled at the Euros, easy get £20m now if we want  :nod
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:51 pm

dunno about 20 million lol, but he's playing a blinder this evening  :bowdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:49 am

I'd keep him. He's not the fanciest player but he knows how to keep the ball moving and is happy to play up and down the pitch. I'd sell Hendo before Joe
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Wouldn't disagree mate, keep Pirlo and move Hendo on, he's not a game changer.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Excellent squad player. More versatile and intelligent than Hendo. If we're going with a 2 man central midfield next year it should Can +1, with Allen and Grujic providing backup, and Stewart as emergency cover. I think we can afford to move on Hendo and Lucus.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:10 am

Reality is our center midfield is average.

Henderson and Allen are nowhere near good enough, couldn't give a s**t about how Allen is performing at the Euros. If anything we should be using this to make a profit off him.

Lucas is the only decent DM we have, but outside of providing cover to our back four is very limited in all other areas.

Can continues to be inconsistent but most of us are willing to give him one more year due to his age and glimpses we saw last season.

We need an established box-to-box CM, that can link up with Lucas and Can because at the moment neither Henderson nor Allen are compatible in the same team.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Apparently a £10m move to Swansea could be on. We turned down £8m and they're coming back with a better offer. Apparently  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:42 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:23 pm wrote:Apparently a £10m move to Swansea could be on. We turned down £8m and they're coming back with a better offer. Apparently  :D

IMO - We should be holding out for 16-18M
Since his LFC arrival JO has...
- European Championship Experience - Position pending...
- PL Runner Up Medal
- CL Experience
- EL  Final experience / Runner Up Medal
- LC Final / Runner Up Medal
- Prem proven

By adding 1M on his achievements at LFC we should hold out for better offers or offer him an extension
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Won't be particularly pleased if we let Allen go while keeping Henderson and Lucas on our books. I know there's still a lot of the summer left but still
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:27 pm

Releasing him would be just dumb...Other then Coutinho he is the only play maker we got...Has great ball control and vision...Didn't get half the chances he should have received.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:08 pm

only me » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:27 pm wrote:Releasing him would be just dumb...Other then Coutinho he is the only play maker we got...Has great ball control and vision...Didn't get half the chances he should have received.

Today's game a reminder how insane it would be to sell Allen....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:31 pm

A short tournament isnt the trenches 24/7 at Liverpool, if Allen is now a keeper then lets sign Robson Kanu on a free.

Different mentality when every game is the biggest of your life to bringing it at West Brom away on MNF in November.

Do we now give him another shot, not because of his Liverpool performances but a handfull of efforts for Wales, or cash in and reinvest the money.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion