The official OUTSTANDING  thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:05 pm

I think this Video is Outstanding  :buttrock Totally belongs in a thread dedicated to the "Outstanding One"  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:23 pm

This is even more outstanding ,given some of the outstanding performances that even escaped the keen eye of the fans  :D

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:36 pm

Our good manager has just added Jon Walters to the Outstanding list  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:46 pm

As soon as Rodgers praises lovern, (I am sure he should have used the word O/S in the guardian article), you just knew it will come back to haunt him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -liverpool
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Noting to do with o/s....but here's what Rodgers thought about the game today.

Rodgers: "We started brightly and then had Coutinho sent off."  :suspect:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:17 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:46 pm wrote:As soon as Rodgers praises lovern, (I am sure he should have used the word O/S in the guardian article), you just knew it will come back to haunt him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -liverpool

One of his main weaknesses is his utter joy of speaking to the media. We know, in great detail, what he thinks and how he feels as he never refuses the opportunity to tell the press whats on his mind. Less talking and more action would be more acceptable.
I would have thought he should have learned by now to shut the fu'ck up and let the football do the talking, but judging by yesterdays performance I shudder to think what the football would have said?
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:59 pm

I don't think this thread is fair tbh, it's one thing to criticise a Liverpool manager but taking the p[iss] out of him is unjustified imo. I'm coming around to the conclusion that his tenure has ran its course and he has run out of idea's myself but I wouldn't take cheap shots at his or any other Liverpool managers expense.
I do think the club has a big decision to make though, if Klopp is genuinely interested the club would have to be crazy not to consider him.  Not only is he highly rated (Real Madrid fans actually wanted him instead of Rafa) I think someone of his profile would make us a more attractive proposition, I think a lot of players would see a LFC/Klopp combination as a project worth buying into and a project going places.
Yes we are the 8th richest club in the world and one of the 'mega 6' when it comes to history/fanbase etc but we also probably have an average finishing position of about 6th these last 6/7 years and have qualified for the CL once. It was also noticable that our pre season tour games weren't sell outs either.
We are in this position because over the last 25 years various owners have allowed the club to drift, I don't think we can afford to drift anymore, I like Brendan but it's obvious he is floundering atm, results have been generally poor for 12 months and he has ditched his coaching staff and ditched the philosophy that got him the job in the first place.
Klopp is high profile, respected throughout the footballing world and we are lucky that someone of that profile is reportedly interested in managing us, yes we are a massive club with tons of history but so were the likes of Preston and Wolves once.
I think FSG have got to act now before the Klopp ship sails, football like life is all about timing and imo it's time to act.
If Rodgers was sticking to his philosophy then I'd probably say give him more time but he's all over the place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:58 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:59 am wrote:I don't think this thread is fair tbh, it's one thing to criticise a Liverpool manager but taking the p[iss] out of him is unjustified imo. I'm coming around to the conclusion that his tenure has ran its course and he has run out of idea's myself but I wouldn't take cheap shots at his or any other Liverpool managers expense.
I do think the club has a big decision to make though, if Klopp is genuinely interested the club would have to be crazy not to consider him.  Not only is he highly rated (Real Madrid fans actually wanted him instead of Rafa) I think someone of his profile would make us a more attractive proposition, I think a lot of players would see a LFC/Klopp combination as a project worth buying into and a project going places.
Yes we are the 8th richest club in the world and one of the 'mega 6' when it comes to history/fanbase etc but we also probably have an average finishing position of about 6th these last 6/7 years and have qualified for the CL once. It was also noticable that our pre season tour games weren't sell outs either.
We are in this position because over the last 25 years various owners have allowed the club to drift, I don't think we can afford to drift anymore, I like Brendan but it's obvious he is floundering atm, results have been generally poor for 12 months and he has ditched his coaching staff and ditched the philosophy that got him the job in the first place.
Klopp is high profile, respected throughout the footballing world and we are lucky that someone of that profile is reportedly interested in managing us, yes we are a massive club with tons of history but so were the likes of Preston and Wolves once.
I think FSG have got to act now before the Klopp ship sails, football like life is all about timing and imo it's time to act.
If Rodgers was sticking to his philosophy then I'd probably say give him more time but he's all over the place.

An outstanding post, Yakka :D

Why can't the manager be mocked though? Darren Farrley(?) does it! And surely it's more appropriate than outright abuse. No one minded mocking the owl.

I think FSG messed up in allowing BR to run pre-season and make transfers and stuff. But it also sadly tells a story. Imagine if the board in preseason had decided to sound Klopp out and he didn't give a positive response. I doubt he'd want to join us now after Rodgers had brought in the likes of Milner on huge wages and has named Hendo as captain. Not just that, but the rest of the preseason work too. And if he had given a positive response, would he still do so now, after allowing Rodgers to set the board? Even more doubtful. I reckon we're stuck with BR for the time being. Among other things, FSG would look like complete clowns if they acted now. Doubt they'd embarrass themselves that way. They prefer the slower, more painful but less direct road to stupidity.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Homebooby » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:23 pm

I think you showed GREAT CHARACTER starting this thread RBG  :buttrock
Homebooby

Postby RedAnt » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:25 pm

Homebooby » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:23 am wrote:I think you showed GREAT CHARACTER starting this thread RBG  :buttrock

And honesty. He's an honest lad.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Yacca exactly what do you like about Rogers? I've defended him more than most but I certainly don't like the annoying man. His off the field behaviour is only equalled by his on the field behaviour and neither of them merit the word OUTSTANDING !!

Fans are understandably frustrated and when you put your head on the chopping block there is usually only one result !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:17 am

devaney » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:25 pm wrote:Yacca exactly what do you like about Rogers? I've defended him more than most but I certainly don't like the annoying man. His off the field behaviour is only equalled by his on the field behaviour and neither of them merit the word OUTSTANDING !!

Fans are understandably frustrated and when you put your head on the chopping block there is usually only one result !!

You know things are grim when even Dev starts whinging about how bad we are  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion