MARTIN SKRTEL - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Well, he is still the only one who does things the others can't. He actually is a threat offensively.
He is still a better header of the ball than the others normally.
I don't really like any of our cbs, but Skrtel for me isn't normally much better or worse than the others.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Been here too long and you can be at a club too long and particulary ours who love failure association.

Skrtel has been hot and cold all his Liverpool career and is the wrong side of 30 for a team looking to press high and isnt a good enough footballer to pass his way out of defence.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Well, just like Migs we signed Skrtel to a big long term 3 year contract last summer.
So good luck selling him now....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Whether he was rusty or fresh as a daisy he was absolute dogsh'it yesterday. From the minute he came on he was nervous and made everyone else around him the same way. Giving a penalty for blatant shirt pulling set the scene for what followed and only a lunatic can defend what happened yesterday. No, he wasnt the only one as the midfield crumbled and our attack let us down again. To be fair, he shouldnt have been anywhere near the pitch yesterday and maybe he should admit that, but if anyone cannot see the way we fell to bits after he came on then they need their eyes, or their head testing?
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Raoul » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:12 am

Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:59 pm wrote:
Penguins » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:44 pm wrote:Funny how some players are afforded things others are not.
Was Skrtel poor? Yes, he was very poor. It was his 1st game after a long injury.
I remember another player that came back early January after a long injury and was absolutely Sh*t for at least 5 games.
But ah, it was the injury, it was all the excuses in the world for him.
With Skrtel it's one half and he is garbage, end of. Lovely perspective there.....

I think it's more of a case of people seeing the same old problems, i.e. shirt pulling, dropping too deep, getting bullied by an aggressive striker, etc.

Plus there are plenty who were questioning his quality before the injury...

Still, Penguins make a fair point. And, despite the manager he always seemed to rise to the top of the pile, so maybe he is underrated by many. In saying that, I'm not sure where he would fall in the pecking order after Matip arrives, perhaps for his own sake (and the sake of younger players like Gomez and Illori) it is time for a change?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:43 pm

I think overall Skittles has done a reasonable job at LFC. Nothing like as bad as some people make out. Was he a key reason for Sunday's capitulation? Well he was certainly one of them but JK must share a heavy load of the responsibility. He didn't respond well tactically to the changes that Southampton made at half time and they were certainly the biggest change in the game !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:40 am

Who knows maybe Klopp thought it wouldn't be such a drastic alteration if he removed Lovren and replaced him with a seasoned international and one of the longest serving we currently have at the club ,maybe the manager thought he would clear one of the six aerial duels he was involved in ,or complete a successful tackle ,maybe he thought its not a great deal to ask from such a 'supposedly'  experienced defender  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:38 am

Agreed. Don't think it was unreasonable of Klopp to expect at least an average, solid display from an experienced and long serving centre half. I can see why Lovren was subbed, on a yellow and getting a lot of stick from the home fans he was at high risk of seeing red.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:09 pm

JC_81 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:38 am wrote:Agreed. Don't think it was unreasonable of Klopp to expect at least an average, solid display from an experienced and long serving centre half. I can see why Lovren was subbed, on a yellow and getting a lot of stick from the home fans he was at high risk of seeing red.

I actually agreed with the withdrawal of Lovren ,as like Klopp I had no idea Skrtels  performance would be that abject ,the penalty I could have accepted if it was just an isolated incident ,but the rest of his 45 mins on the pitch  surpassed ridiculous.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:49 pm

Martin Skrtel is set to seal £5.5million move to Fenerbahce, according to multiple sources across Twatter and the Internet.

Apparently we have agreed the fee and he's just finalising the contract.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:04 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:49 pm wrote:Martin Skrtel is set to seal £5.5million move to Fenerbahce, according to multiple sources across Twatter and the Internet.

Good luck to Martin, he's been a good servant to the club, because his form has dropped off so significantly it's sometimes easy to forget how good he was in his pomp (he won the fans player of the year award on a couple of occasions). He gave the best years of his career to this club and I wish him all the best for his future.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:04 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:49 pm wrote:Martin Skrtel is set to seal £5.5million move to Fenerbahce, according to multiple sources across Twatter and the Internet.

Good luck to Martin, he's been a good servant to the club, because his form has dropped off so significantly it's sometimes easy to forget how good he was in his pomp (he won the fans player of the year award on a couple of occasions). He gave the best years of his career to this club and I wish him all the best for his future.

^^ +1 
YNWA
:buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:10 pm

He gave 100 % and was loyal to the club. I wish him the best!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:16 pm

The Echo are reporting that a move to Fenerbache will be confirmed this week, fee believed to be around 5 million

The Turkish club’s president Aziz Yildirim told AMK Spor: “(Gregory) Van der Wiel and Slovak Skrtel transfers are almost done.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-11541247
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Glad this guy is leaving, he has sunk to all time low now (no not his awful performances at the euro's) by calling our manager a d1ckhead on Instagram

See more here http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/06/2 ... n=%40DaveO
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion