MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 23rd march  ko 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:26 am

Toffeehater wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:One thing I know is that I'd rather see us go there to attack and risk getting a heavy beating, rather than playing defensively and loosing by 1-0.

we will attack and no i don't want to get a heavy beating as u suggest . I rather defend and lose 1-0 if that's the case .

It's all or nothing for me.  We must go there with all guns blazing, if we risk conceding more goals then so be it.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:10 am

s@int wrote:I can't see what Bamaga has said thats wrong and has annoyed you. Ronaldo is twice the player Kuyt will ever be, and Aurelio is not a great defender.

I would prefer Riise against the mancs, he has handled Ronaldo very well every time up to now and hopefully will again. I think we are stuck with Kuyt at the moment, as the alternatives (Kewell, Pennant, Benayoun) have hardly lit up our season so far either.

I would like to see Rafa stick to mainly the same side AND formation against the mancs.

Reina

Arbeloa   Carra      Skrtel      Riise

Masch    Xabi

Kuyt              Gerrard              Babel

Torres

I am a little worried that without Hyypia's height we may be a little vulnerable from set plays, as the mancs have some strong headers in their team (Vidic and Ferdinand especially) We really need to work on our defensive set plays as I think we are begining to be targeted as a "soft touch" now.

We have to make sure Torres doesn't become too isolated with Gerrard getting caught up in the midfield battle, and Kuyt playing full back to Evera's forward runs.

It wouldn't surprise me too much if Rafa played Hyypia instead of Skrtel  or Riise instead of Babel, but I don't think this is a game to play Crouch in, as our best hopes lie in scoring a breakaway goal similar to the Inter game, and I don't see Crouch sprinting away from Ferdinand somehow.

I think we can win this one, but I would take a point now.

I agree with just about every word of that Saint, and also think he will go in with Hyppia for the set pieces. We lose out on a bit of pace and mobility playing sami, but given the fact we are playing two holding midfielders we should be able to compensate I should think. I also think he might switch wings with Babel, and play Riise in front of Aurelio down the left side. I hope though that he broady sticks with the system and personel which have set us up on this run, and resists the temptation to change the team too much.

As for Kazza's attack on anybody who has an opinion other than every player in the team is Pele, it seems to be par for the course art the moment which is a shame. Not content with "my job is better than your job" comments, we're now onto the internet gangster stuff. Ah well.

Anyway back to the game, I fancy us to nick a goal and a point which could yet prove to be vital in the race for fourth. I don't think to be perfectly honest that Everton are done for by any means just yet, and with us using up energy in our Champions league matches, they'll be back snapping around our heels before we know it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:32 am

s@int wrote:I can't see what Bamaga has said thats wrong and has annoyed you. Ronaldo is twice the player Kuyt will ever be, and Aurelio is not a great defender.

"ugly muffin" ( ??? ) , "can trap a ball further than I can kick it", "could not his a barndoor with a banjo" (just to name some)

It is all bullsh1t and inaccurate. Fact is he is a Liverpool player and as long as he wears the shirt should be respected by supporters as long as he does not go against the team.

Seems quite obvious to me really.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:54 am

bigmick wrote:As for Kazza's attack on anybody who has an opinion other than every player in the team is Pele, it seems to be par for the course art the moment which is a shame. Not content with "my job is better than your job" comments, we're now onto the internet gangster stuff. Ah well.

You are full of cr@p mick, my issue with you is this sitting on your high horse about how clever you are about rotation. Everytime we lost there was mick with the I told you so. I was annoyed we lost but you are oversimplifying it when YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FULL FACTS showed your ignorance.

I know we have weak links in the team and I have a good idea who they are but I do not see the need to put them down in order to feel clever. I do not think we have a team of Pele's and critisism is fine as long as it is constructive and not self serving.

The thing about jobs is also inaccurate Mick, I brought that up to remind you that if your football knowledge as as great as you opinion of yourself, it may be what you would be doing for a living right now. If I needed to make a Singapore Sling, I'd ask you and not Raffa as that is NOT what he does for a living (he may know but I will not take his word for it). I never said my job is better than anybody's in fact no one here knows what I do for a living.

To sum up, critisize all you want because it will change nothing except peoples moods.  :no
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:10 pm

kazza wrote:

"ugly muffin" ( ??? ) , "can trap a ball further than I can kick it", "could not his a barndoor with a banjo" (just to name some)

It is all bullsh1t and inaccurate. Fact is he is a Liverpool player and as long as he wears the shirt should be respected by supporters as long as he does not go against the team.

To be fair Kuyt would hardly win first prize in a beauty competition would he ?  :D

As for his first touch and goalscoring prowess, it has left a lot to be desired imo since he came. I don't believe his control, pace and heading is good enough for the Prem, his passing , crossing and work rate are admirable but may not be enough to save him come the end of the season, although I think he is probably good enough to be a squad player next season due to his versatility. (He can play badly in a few positions  :D )

Like this pic of Ballack I think you are wrong in a few ways mate  :D

account deleted by request

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:14 pm

s@int wrote:
kazza wrote:

To be fair Kuyt would hardly win first prize in a beauty competition would he ?  :D

As for his first touch and goalscoring prowess, it has left a lot to be desired imo since he came. I don't believe his control, pace and heading is good enough for the Prem, his passing , crossing and work rate are admirable but may not be enough to save him come the end of the season, although I think he is probably good enough to be a squad player next season due to his versatility. (He can play badly in a few positions  :D )

Like this pic of Ballack I think you are wrong in a few ways mate  :D

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:28 pm

Going back to the Houllier years, we would regularly beat Man Utd, and more often than not it was Danny Murphy who popped up with the goal. While the results were most welcome, I'd have to say that they tended to be a bit of a 'smash and grab' job. The strange thing is that since then, as our squad has improved, our results against them have got worse.

Today we are as close to their level as we have been in ages. We have some serious goal threat in our team and the quality to do some damage at the business end of the pitch is coming together. We can threaten them and we should be confident in going toe to toe - not hoping to 'nick it' with a Spud special. I see no reason why we can't win. We have played well against them in most of our recent games and we've been unlucky to come away with nothing. That's gonna change on Sunday, and we'll come away with three points.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:37 pm

stmichael wrote:Going back to the Houllier years, we would regularly beat Man Utd, and more often than not it was Danny Murphy who popped up with the goal. While the results were most welcome, I'd have to say that they tended to be a bit of a 'smash and grab' job. The strange thing is that since then, as our squad has improved, our results against them have got worse.

Today we are as close to their level as we have been in ages. We have some serious goal threat in our team and the quality to do some damage at the business end of the pitch is coming together. We can threaten them and we should be confident in going toe to toe - not hoping to 'nick it' with a Spud special. I see no reason why we can't win. We have played well against them in most of our recent games and we've been unlucky to come away with nothing. That's gonna change on Sunday, and we'll come away with three points.

I agree, if anything it has been them that won through a smash and grab.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:16 pm

"ugly muffin" (  ) , "can trap a ball further than I can kick it", "could not his a barndoor with a banjo" (just to name some)

My only quote there is the first one, "ugly Muffin" and my mistake when I posted it was not putting a smiley behind it. It was a light hearted joke that is all.

Kuyt isnt a brilliant footballer TBH, but I have said recently he has impressed me slightly more as the burden upon him scoring when hes played upfront is gone, and he has whipped in a few decent crosses of late. Dont get me wrong it hasnt been roy of the rovers stuff, but I'd put him ahead of Pennant for the United class as his work rate and willingness to get back and support the full back will be needed.

Similar story on the left side except I wouldnt expect Babel to get through the amount of work Kuyt does when going back, therefore I honestly think Aurelio may have a torrid time their on Sunday, Riise has played him before, knows what to expect and is stronger in the tackle.
66-1112520797

Postby kop king » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:31 pm

If we go there being negative then we will get trounced, go there and give them right good game and play aggresively we will get something from the game.

I think he may play Carragher at right back, just because Arbeloa may struggle with Evra and Rooney. Aurellio should start left back he can cope with Ronaldo's pace and he will test Ronaldo's defensive qualities.

Mascherano and Alonso have to be disciplined in not drifting forward and leaving Scholes and Anderson. Gerrard also shouldnt find himself stuck in our own half defending, Babel and Kuyt need to keep their width and test Evra and Brown. I think Babel could get huge success against Brown if he stays wide and can get support from Aurellio and Gerrard.
"Fook Off Chelsea FC, You aint got no history"
kop king

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Kuyt isnt a brilliant footballer TBH, but I have said recently he has impressed me slightly more as the burden upon him scoring when hes played upfront is gone, and he has whipped in a few decent crosses of late. Dont get me wrong it hasnt been roy of the rovers stuff, but I'd put him ahead of Pennant for the United class as his work rate and willingness to get back and support the full back will be needed.

Similar story on the left side except I wouldnt expect Babel to get through the amount of work Kuyt does when going back, therefore I honestly think Aurelio may have a torrid time their on Sunday, Riise has played him before, knows what to expect and is stronger in the tackle.

Now when you say it like that it is objective
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:45 pm

kop king wrote:If we go there being negative then we will get trounced, go there and give them right good game and play aggresively we will get something from the game.

Nail on head.

I rather we go there, have a go and get beat than see us put in a no show like we did last season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:59 pm

kazza wrote:I never said my job is better than anybody's in fact no one here knows what I do for a living.

.                   Competitors in the King's Camel Race, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

To sum up, critisize all you want because it will change nothing except peoples moods.  :no

???

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:23 pm

s@int wrote:I think we can win this one, but I would take a point now.

if you think we can win this one, why take a point now?  :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:24 pm

What a childish squabble this has descended into. I hope the match doesnt go the same way.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion