LIVERPOOL VS WEST HAM UNITED - Wed 5th march 08. k/o 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Shame we go from zero to hero and back to zero. 11 of our 24 wins have come scoring 4+ goals and yet we've failed to win 20 games. I find it quite funny we scored four, I said to a hammer fan that I wouldn't be surprised if we scored four when we played them at Upton Park and he scoffed saying they had the "nth best defence in the league". Well Torres certainly enjoyed himself last night, my main fear is we will rest players on Saturday and maybe miss out doing to the barcodes what we did to Derby. Not sure I'd be any happier if we scored 10, it would only add to the frustration at all the dropped points this season (through draws)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sworth26 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:26 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Anybody got a link to the goals from last night ? Sorry if it's already here in the thread - up to my goolies at work and don't have time to search...
Muchos gracias

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/premierleaguehighlights
sworth26

Postby muzodziwa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Torres what a wonder;

Good overall team perfomance, well done rafa, the lads and the supporters who were vocal throughout the night.

Rafa has not changed anything in terms of his perspective to rotation, he has said it plainly that we are now involved in 2 competitions hence no need for rotation; so its not as if he has pipped into this forum and got a cue from the 'anti-rotationers' :D

good feelings these past days
muzodziwa

Postby Big Niall » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:24 am

muzodziwa wrote:Torres what a wonder;

Good overall team perfomance, well done rafa, the lads and the supporters who were vocal throughout the night.

Rafa has not changed anything in terms of his perspective to rotation, he has said it plainly that we are now involved in 2 competitions hence no need for rotation; so its not as if he has pipped into this forum and got a cue from the 'anti-rotationers' :D

good feelings these past days

Why not just play second stringers in the carling cup and the FA cup so that a settled first team can concentrate on league and CL?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:47 pm

I did not see the game, but I heard that the team played well,  Well don lads. But I am just wondering why it has take Benitez so long to get his team play the good rewarding football, it is well too late now, and you could say the same over the past two seasons!!. I just hope LFC can finish fourth, it is the least requirement after so far has been a very disappointing season.

Winning the league has to the first and foremost objective of every LFC's manager, no if or but!!!!!!!. we have the player to do, but we must get rid off some of our average players that we have in the present squad, and give the younger players in reserve a chance of some first team outing.
jedwards

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:13 pm

jedwards wrote:I did not see the game, but I heard that the team played well,  Well don lads. But I am just wondering why it has take Benitez so long to get his team play the good rewarding football, it is well too late now, and you could say the same over the past two seasons!!. I just hope LFC can finish fourth, it is the least requirement after so far has been a very disappointing season.

Winning the league has to the first and foremost objective of every LFC's manager, no if or but!!!!!!!. we have the player to do, but we must get rid off some of our average players that we have in the present squad, and give the younger players in reserve a chance of some first team outing.

that wont happen rafa loves to have the best young players in the world to clean his shoes its a fact no ifs or buts  :oops:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:38 pm

thread needs locking now. its run its course thanks
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:51 pm

Nah ,it's one of yours Judge, we'll leave it open so you can bump it next season .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:04 pm

:laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:02 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Nah ,it's one of yours Judge, we'll leave it open so you can bump it next season .

look i dont need favouratism

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:04 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Effes wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Id like to know what anyone who went the game thought about Babel tonight

You could tell from the off his confidence was sky high.

I think he's finding his feet in that 4-2-3-1 formation, if he could improve his finishing he'd be great.

Im chuffed with tonight's performance, we kept going even when 3, 4 nil up. Reminded me of the 80's teams.

Re. This 4-2-3-1 - Maybe Rafa has stumbled on something here, we may have turned a corner.

Dont you think though he needs to toughen up a bit there was a couple of times tonight when he S.hit himself going in for a ball and they were winnable balls, i said earlier hes a big strong lad but hes scared of getting in the mix but i suppose thats something hell have to learn thats the only dissapointment for me he needs to ues his strength a bit more and start getting stuck in,

I think Raffas stumbled on somethimg with playing Kuyt out wide though :D looks a different player

what if he got injured? and he was never favourite to get the ball when lucas neil was racing towards it .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:08 am

peewee wrote:another relegation threatened team beaten by the mighty reds, lets start doing it consistently against the top teams now and we may even get fourth place.

not wanting to sound like a sourpuss but whatever we do in the league for the rest of this season is pretty pointless apart from battling for fourth with teams full of no-marks. I am amazed that some people are happy with this situation and glow about beating bolton and west ham who are battling to stay in the top flight. these games should just be gimme's

Peewee mate u must be the biggiest doom and gloomer here . West ham have ebaten manure twice last season with a sh!te squad , they ebat them season again 2-0 if u rmb . Lower teams are not to be taken for granted , birmingham drew with us , they beat spurs 4-1 , what does that tell u , any team can beat another on their day . FWIW , west ham are 10th not relegation candiates
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion