MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 23rd march  ko 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:42 am

Really can't wait for this one.  I hate this team with a passion and I hope that we get some revenge on Sunday. 

For me there are two ways that we can aproach this game.  We can go with 442 or the current 4231.  I think that the 442 would be the way to go because I'm not sure if the current formation will work against Man U.  I just don't see Kuyt really doing any damage on the wings against them, and I'm afraid that Torres will be too isolated against them.

Here's the team I'd like to see, but it probably won't happen...

Reina
Carra,Hyppia,Skrtel,Risse
Gerrard,Masch,Alonso,Babel
          Crouch,Torres
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:14 am

Someone needs to stick to Rooney and Ronaldo like a Chav sticks to a sovereign ring.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:34 am

I'd still stick to the 4-2-3-1

Reina

Finnan/Arbeloa  Carra   Skrtel  Riise

Mash        Alonso

Kuyt                   Gerrard           Babel
                Torres

I do think that we have a pretty good chance... the mancs are not playing too well tactically and if we play like we played against Inter we can win this...

I am against playing Hyppia on this one because we're playing against fast players... Mash should mark out rooney... and riise should break ronaldo's legs... Skrtel to mark out tevez and we're more or less settled defensively... if derby can trouble the mancs we can too...

My prediction 2-1 for us...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:36 am

Manhattan predicts 1-1

Greaseball for the Mancs.

Masch for us.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:40 am

maguskwt wrote:I am against playing Hyppia on this one because we're playing against fast players... Mash should mark out rooney... and riise should break ronaldo's legs... Skrtel to mark out tevez and we're more or less settled defensively...

I understand ur hatred, but hope that thats a tongue in cheek comment about Ronaldo. I dont like the guy, but to hope his legs get broke?? This is Liverpool, not some third rate sensation seekin bunch of half wit losers, we dont need that notoriety.

I watch football to be entertained and tho it pains to say it, if the Portugese diver stays on his feet he can entertain.

Just lately they seem to be relyin on him and Tevez as much as we've relied on Torres and Gerrard for goals, and if Derby can keep them quiet, why cant we? Without resortin to 'breakin his legs' .

The way things stand, this is maybe our best chance to do them at OT for years in the league, and  firmly believe it could well happen. Then Everton, then Arsenal. Then Arsenal...... Then Arsenal!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:44 am

KennyisGod....still wrote:
maguskwt wrote:I am against playing Hyppia on this one because we're playing against fast players... Mash should mark out rooney... and riise should break ronaldo's legs... Skrtel to mark out tevez and we're more or less settled defensively...

I understand ur hatred, but hope that thats a tongue in cheek comment about Ronaldo. I dont like the guy, but to hope his legs get broke?? This is Liverpool, not some third rate sensation seekin bunch of half wit losers, we dont need that notoriety.

I watch football to be entertained and tho it pains to say it, if the Portugese diver stays on his feet he can entertain.

Just lately they seem to be relyin on him and Tevez as much as we've relied on Torres and Gerrard for goals, and if Derby can keep them quiet, why cant we? Without resortin to 'breakin his legs' .

The way things stand, this is maybe our best chance to do them at OT for years in the league, and  firmly believe it could well happen. Then Everton, then Arsenal. Then Arsenal...... Then Arsenal!!

of course it was tongue-in-cheek mate  :D ... and sensationalism...

I can never honestly wish for someone's leg to be broken... everytime I see accidents like eduardo's and cisse's they make me cringe...

what i really mean is dish out some hard and fair tackles but nothing malicious ones on ronaldo... he tends to get withdrawn from the game that way... sorry english is not really my mother tongue...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:49 am

Happy with that my friend, sorry if i offended or upset u
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:04 pm

we owe these ba$tards one big style. infact we owe it to ourselves after that disgraceful no show there last season.

don't know why but i've got a good feeling about this game. we're playing well. ronaldo and rooney never really turn it on against us and we're in good form.

anyone know who the ref is by the way?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:07 pm

I f*cking hope we batter them, but I don't think we will win.

Its going to be a typical Liverpool v Manc game, it will end up 0-0 or 1-0 for mancs

I think it will be 0-0, us dominating missing so many chances (cisse style).
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Why would u change back to 4-4-2 when we're playing deadly with 4-2-3-1 ??

I wouldnt change it. It means we're gonna overrun them in the midfield while still have masch and alonso back while attacking.

I like this formation and dont see the reason for the change :)
holylamb2006

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:22 pm

mty main gripe with this fixture is rooney and ronaldo never show up.

it's always some no mark like o'shea, fletcher or ferdinand who end up bagging the glory.

1-0 torres.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:26 pm

How nice would it be to beat these in their back yard.

We are playing confidently so why not.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:36 pm

I like the 4-3-2-1 formation...(i really do)...But we don't really have the personnel to really pound the opposition into submission with this formation.

Our forward wing players are not good enough. Maybe babel could do a fine job on the right...but on the left he is getting very predictable... He always tries to get the ball to his right feet before shooting..  :no . Defenders are soon gonna figuare how to stop him.

As for Kuyt ....no comments from my side...  :p

We don't have pacy fullbacks either.....

So i would prefer if we go 4-4-2 against manure with this team.

Reina
  Arbeloa    Carra   Skertel   Riise
  Pennant   Mash  Gerrard  Benayoun
         Crouch    Torres
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:47 pm

reverting to 4-4-2 while the current 4-2-3-1 is found to be working well against diverse oppositions such as Inter and Bolton/Reading will be a mistake IMO...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:52 pm

The_Rock wrote:I like the 4-3-2-1 formation...(i really do)...But we don't really have the personnel to really pound the opposition into submission with this formation.

Our forward wing players are not good enough. Maybe babel could do a fine job on the right...but on the left he is getting very predictable... He always tries to get the ball to his right feet before shooting..  :no . Defenders are soon gonna figuare how to stop him.

As for Kuyt ....no comments from my side...  :p

We don't have pacy fullbacks either.....

So i would prefer if we go 4-4-2 against manure with this team.

Reina
  Arbeloa    Carra   Skertel   Riise
  Pennant   Mash  Gerrard  Benayoun
         Crouch    Torres

I hope that Benayoun does not play against them, because last time Man U ate him alive.  Babel is predictable but he'd cause much more problems for their defense, he could be a key player in this match.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion