MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 23rd march  ko 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:47 am

skatesy wrote:C. Ronaldo is the greaseball.

Albeit he is a little less of a greasball than he was a couple seasons back.

As greasy as he is, he is a brilliant footballer, better than our very own ugly muffin Kuyt.
66-1112520797

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:52 am

I think 4-2-3-1 will get overrun against United TOrres might get isolated and evra will feel no pressure from Kuyt and feel that he is free o bomb forward, I think Babel could be easily shut down unless he learns how to use his left during training this week.
                                 Reina
  Arbeloa         Carra               Skrtel            Aurelio
  Pennant         Gerrard          Macherano          Riise
                      Torres               Crouch
Subs: Itandje, Hyypia, Alonso, Babel, Kuyt

is Foster going to be in goal for them?
JoeTerp

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:08 am

Bamaga man wrote:
skatesy wrote:C. Ronaldo is the greaseball.

Albeit he is a little less of a greasball than he was a couple seasons back.

As greasy as he is, he is a brilliant footballer, better than our very own ugly muffin Kuyt.

he is better in finshing but he ain't better in fitness , the muffin beats him handsdown  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:08 am

Bamaga man wrote:Toughie this one.

One thing I do think, Ronaldo is going to have a whale of a time against Aurelio if he is selected.

:sleep
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:10 am

JoeTerp wrote:I think 4-2-3-1 will get overrun against United TOrres might get isolated and evra will feel no pressure from Kuyt and feel that he is free o bomb forward, I think Babel could be easily shut down unless he learns how to use his left during training this week.
                                 Reina
  Arbeloa         Carra               Skrtel            Aurelio
  Pennant         Gerrard          Macherano          Riise
                      Torres               Crouch
Subs: Itandje, Hyypia, Alonso, Babel, Kuyt

is Foster going to be in goal for them?

Don't agree with u at all , kuyt will holdoff evra , babel can use his left and did , we saw it against reading where TBH shud have scored .

Van der Sar shud be back , i don't think ferguson would put foster in match with such high stakes
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:10 am

Bamaga man wrote:As greasy as he is, he is a brilliant footballer, better than our very own ugly muffin Kuyt.

"support" er
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 am

kazza wrote:

One thing I do think, Ronaldo is going to have a whale of a time against Aurelio if he is selected.

Where you come from sailor ?

IN THE NAVY DADADADAA
66-1112520797

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:49 am

I think we have to win this one, with Arsenal three times in a week we could end up struggling to finish even fourth if we don't start winning some of the tougher games. We've now only three home games left and I believe four of our last six are away so the run in is tough.

As for the starting XI, if it ain't broke don't fix it. None of this cobblers about what threat Crouch might offer their defence since he's scored only once against the mancs and that was at home in the FA Cup. The staggering truth is we've yet to pick up a single point against the league champions home or away in three seasons and if the mancs beat us and win the title that will be a clean sweep of eight defeats. Our point at Chelsea was Rafa's first league point away to the top three in ten games. If we're to keep the bitters at bay we need to beat them at Anfield and pick up as many wins as possible which isn't looking too easy given our fixtures
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:54 am

One thing I know is that I'd rather see us go there to attack and risk getting a heavy beating, rather than playing defensively and loosing by 1-0.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:54 am

Bamaga man wrote:
kazza wrote:

IN THE NAVY DADDA

You really are an idiot. I would dive for them as an independant contractor but was never in the Navy as there is no money in it  :pirate (but it was quicker to type navy diver as I was being lazy). You being wrong (yet again) does not really surprise me as it seems to be your thing.

I have travelled plenty, but it was not because I was in the Navy (does not mean I couldn't kick your @ss though  :D )

This does not change what I said, support your team or leave the negativaty to yourself. You seem to be a closet case Manc, there are support groups for people like you, it's OK buddy  you can reach out.

Since you called me DADDA, it is only fair to tell you, although your father may have been a sailor I am afraid it is not me, you will have to keep looking.  :sniffle
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:32 am

kazza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
kazza wrote:

IN THE NAVY DADDA

You really are an idiot. I would dive for them as an independant contractor but was never in the Navy as there is no money in it  :pirate (but it was quicker to type navy diver as I was being lazy). You being wrong (yet again) does not really surprise me as it seems to be your thing.

I have travelled plenty, but it was not because I was in the Navy (does not mean I couldn't kick your @ss though  :D )

This does not change what I said, support your team or leave the negativaty to yourself. You seem to be a closet case Manc, there are support groups for people like you, it's OK buddy  you can reach out.

Since you called me DADDA, it is only fair to tell you, although your father may have been a sailor I am afraid it is not me, you will have to keep looking.  :sniffle

Their is being negative sailor and then there is being objective, tell me who would you rather have Ronaldo or Kuyt.

I support Liverpool that does not mean to say I cannot give credit where it is due.

Now run along Batty boy.
66-1112520797

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am

Bamaga man wrote:
kazza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
kazza wrote:

IN THE NAVY DADDA

Their is being negative sailor and then there is being objective, tell me who would you rather have Ronaldo or Kuyt.

I support Liverpool that does not mean to say I cannot give credit where it is due.

Now run along Batty boy.

Being objective is one thing, but your constant digs at Liverpool players is more on the negative side of the scale.

Kuyt works hard for the team and the fact he is not a "prettyboy" or put gel in his hair like your hero, does not deserve personal insults from you, a so called "Liverpool supporter".
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:56 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:One thing I know is that I'd rather see us go there to attack and risk getting a heavy beating, rather than playing defensively and loosing by 1-0.

we will attack and no i don't want to get a heavy beating as u suggest . I rather defend and lose 1-0 if that's the case .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 am

kazza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
kazza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
kazza wrote:

IN THE NAVY DADDA

Now run along Batty boy.

Being objective is one thing, but your constant digs at Liverpool players is more on the negative side of the scale.

Kuyt works hard for the team and the fact he is not a "prettyboy" or put gel in his hair like your hero, does not deserve personal insults from you, a so called "Liverpool supporter".

Why does this worr you so much, did you fall out the ugly basket at birth ?

So my comment was a little negative about, I have actual;ly appreciated him out wide more in recent games although he honestly still isnt good enough.

Gerrard doesnt wear hair gel.

So answer the question who would make Liverpool better Kuyt of "greasy" Ronaldo ?
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:25 am

kazza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
kazza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
kazza wrote:

IN THE NAVY DADDA

Now run along Batty boy.

I can't see what Bamaga has said thats wrong and has annoyed you. Ronaldo is twice the player Kuyt will ever be, and Aurelio is not a great defender.

I would prefer Riise against the mancs, he has handled Ronaldo very well every time up to now and hopefully will again. I think we are stuck with Kuyt at the moment, as the alternatives (Kewell, Pennant, Benayoun) have hardly lit up our season so far either.

I would like to see Rafa stick to mainly the same side AND formation against the mancs.

Reina

Arbeloa   Carra      Skrtel      Riise

Masch    Xabi

Kuyt              Gerrard              Babel

Torres

I am a little worried that without Hyypia's height we may be a little vulnerable from set plays, as the mancs have some strong headers in their team (Vidic and Ferdinand especially) We really need to work on our defensive set plays as I think we are begining to be targeted as a "soft touch" now.

We have to make sure Torres doesn't become too isolated with Gerrard getting caught up in the midfield battle, and Kuyt playing full back to Evera's forward runs.

It wouldn't surprise me too much if Rafa played Hyypia instead of Skrtel  or Riise instead of Babel, but I don't think this is a game to play Crouch in, as our best hopes lie in scoring a breakaway goal similar to the Inter game, and I don't see Crouch sprinting away from Ferdinand somehow.

I think we can win this one, but I would take a point now.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion